Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    BOA Lifetime Member

Bloody hell this is a long thread, I haven't read it all so I'm probably not adding anything new but here's my 10p worth anyway:

I can totally see the frustration in having unreleased stuff appear on soulseek, but like crime said the future is now and this sort of stuff is going to happen like it or not in this age of the internet. I think artists have to accept that this sort of thing is going to happen to an extent no matter what... this is surely particularly true with techno which has always been synonymous with a '**** you' attitude and a reluctance to pay for a good time. Like someone's already said stay up forever were happy enough for their cds to be taped back when it all started, surely using the net to do the same is a logical progression of the same ethos at the end of the day?

As I see it if someone plays a copied tune out somewhere that's indefensible - the promoter should take responsibility and not book them again. If someone downloads a tune and listens to it in their bedroom - it's not right, but it's always going to happen and it's just a continuation of the attitude that spawned techno in the first place... if they're a true fan and if it's good they'll always go buy the record - nothing you can get on soulseek will ever match that.

Making a decent living from techno was always going to be nigh-on impossible - that attitude problem makes for fantastic parties but I wouldn't want to rely on it to pay my rent :(
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by holotropik
    http://www.futureofmusicbook.com/

A blog written by a dude who has done some massive amounts of research, worth a read....
    "Hey mister record man, the joke's on you/ Running your label like it was 1992/ Hey mister record man, your system can't compete/ It's the new artist model, file transfer complete."

:lol:
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

Supreme Freak

hehehehe......yep dat troo!!
    LivePA
    That is all...

the big pork pie

BOA Lifetime Member

:lol:

BOA Newbie

Any good (full) tunes that are put on a highly recognized Digital Mp3 Store with like 1 minute samples I'd buy from! I think the problem is Itunes doesn't really sell much underground dance music. Especially Hardstyle, which is all European sites which i cant understand anyway :P In my opinion i think if underground dance is trying to avoid being ripped off by free fileshare programs, a digital download site should definately be established!
    My Style Is Your Style And Your Style Is Mine

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by Stompinraver
    Any good (full) tunes that are put on a highly recognized Digital Mp3 Store with like 1 minute samples I'd buy from! I think the problem is Itunes doesn't really sell much underground dance music. Especially Hardstyle, which is all European sites which i cant understand anyway :P In my opinion i think if underground dance is trying to avoid being ripped off by free fileshare programs, a digital download site should definately be established!

beatport :)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617