Quote Originally Posted by JamieBall View Post

Playing good tracks on ableton is all well and good, but don't dress it up like you're doing anything special - it's not, anyone could do it ! Besides, I don't like hearing 'good tracks' over and over, I want to hear the sound of a thousand people having their heads BLOWN TO BITS by a heaving, shambling mass ! These days I'd rather stay at home than go to a techno club, and that's a pretty shit state of affairs being as I once loved this music with a real PASSION. If I do go I spend most of the time chatting with friends and outside smoking. Oh, for the days when I'd be running around like a lunatic on NO DRUGS for 7 odd hours listening to bleeding edge brain wrongs ;-) Then again, this was before the days of TEH INTERNETS (which I reckon has homogenised things to a great extent)
This is the process of growing older. Your tastes change. I remember discovering Acid and thinking that I would never stop listening to it, but now I rarely listen to even the classics. It's a painful process, so your rant is understood.