Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    I was thinking of something like everyone contributes x amount of Wavs and Loops to a pool, then we pick and mix from this pool to produce stuff. Repost and then take it from there?
    hmmmmm
    Kinda like:
    Ok here's a pool of sounds and everyone makes their own track using only those sounds?
    I like that idea, but at the same time I also like the other idea about passing the pieces around and having each person change them.

Maybe we can try both ways? Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

-Chris

Supreme Freak

count me in

BOA Lifetime Member

Look, I`m up for sorting this out organising it, if we need someone to be a coordinator.

but the thing is, how do we do this.
    We can pool a load of loops and samples, and then what. Split into groups of 3 lets say, and then work out the structure from there. Get a finished product, and then re-split that into loops.
    Re post the finished version and the loops, and then pass the loops round to the next group of 3 to remix it. Kinda like chinese whispers.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    Look, I`m up for sorting this out organising it, if we need someone to be a coordinator.

but the thing is, how do we do this.
    We can pool a load of loops and samples, and then what. Split into groups of 3 lets say, and then work out the structure from there. Get a finished product, and then re-split that into loops.
    Re post the finished version and the loops, and then pass the loops round to the next group of 3 to remix it. Kinda like chinese whispers.
    Sounds good to me man. I'll get the server space ready and load up some sort of software to use for communication.

Who else is in?

BOA Lifetime Member

I'll contribuite somehow... although I've been really pressed 4 time :(

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Ultimate Freak

Is everyone down with ftp? Or would you rather see a web based upload tool?
    I personally don't care either way but I think ftp is probably a bit more stable for the size of files we will be pushing around.... and it has resume.

Junior Freak

This sounds like a cool idea! I'm down with it!!

As for the FTP...

You can setup some ftp server software to be able to have users access the ftp from Internet Exploerer or any web brower. I use Bullet Proof FTP Server and it allows this function. So no ftp client software would have to be used. You just use the copy and paste function to upload to the ftp, and click the file to download from it. To see an example of what i mean just click this link ftp://frequencies.ath.cx it brings up a login screen right inside your browser!!

BOA Lifetime Member

great idea, i'm up for it, absolutly,. Is this colab workaround working right now? or am i missing something?
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, ftp is the one, accessable from a browser makes it easier.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gorman

As for the FTP...

You can setup some ftp server software to be able to have users access the ftp from Internet Exploerer or any web brower. I use Bullet Proof FTP Server and it allows this function. So no ftp client software would have to be used. You just use the copy and paste function to upload to the ftp, and click the file to download from it. To see an example of what i mean just click this link ftp://frequencies.ath.cx it brings up a login screen right inside your browser!!
    Hmm I haven't tried uploading via a browser.. but regardless people can use other software..
    But yeah I will have the site up today. As far as usernames go, send me an email to blackout@fsck.org with the username you want to access the ftp with, and I will send an email back with where to login, and your password.

-Chris

Ultimate Freak

Whooopsie
    Actually guys its even easier than that.
    Go here and register yourself, and then I will validate you:

http://lfo.fsck.org/proftpd/

Just click on "add new user" and fill out all the fields.

-Chris

Supreme Freak

i've registered

Ultimate Freak

Ok guys start signing up on the site.
    So far messyfuture is on and already has some files up.
    My verification email will tell you how to access the server and what to do.
    I have also set up some forums for us just for this purpose and I will make a user for you on there as well, and let you know how to access it.

-Chris

Ultimate Freak

http://lfo.fsck.org/phorum/
    Hit that up to do the forums.
    Just click on ' Need a Login? Register Here'
    Sorry for the multiple logins but that's how this sorta thing goes :)
    Just use the same names/passes..

-Chris

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gorman

As for the FTP...

Just took a look at bullet proof - I'm running on a linux server over here so that's not gonna fly.
    I have turned on file attachments within the forum app, so if people really have a problem using 3rd party ftp clients, we can try and use that... but doing things via http posting is not always so smoov :)

-Chris

BOA Lifetime Member

Default x five

:clap: :clap: :clap:
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

BOA Lifetime Member

I`ll sign up tonight when I get back from work. GOnna see if I can drum up a little more interest too.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Ultimate Freak

Sounds good!
    So far we have 4 people including myself that are signed up and ready to roll.

-Chris

Junior Freak

Default I've beeen waiting for this inda thing for ages :)

"Musicians, Today, if they're clever, put new compositions out on the web, like pies set to cool on a window ledge , and wait for other people to anonymously rework them. Ten will be all wrong , but the eleventh may be genius. And free. It's as though the creative process is no longer contained within an individual skull, if indeed it ever was. Everything, today, is to some ex-tent the reflection of something else"

William Gibson.
    Pattern Recognition
    page. 70

Ultimate Freak

Default Re: I've beeen waiting for this inda thing for ages :)

Quote Originally Posted by Debroglie
    "Musicians, Today, if they're clever, put new compositions out on the web, like pies set to cool on a window ledge , and wait for other people to anonymously rework them. Ten will be all wrong , but the eleventh may be genius. And free. It's as though the creative process is no longer contained within an individual skull, if indeed it ever was. Everything, today, is to some ex-tent the reflection of something else"

William Gibson.
    Pattern Recognition
    page. 70
    Gibson is the man.. I don't think anyone could have put it any better :clap:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast