Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ultimate Freak

I have also started a channel on a friend's irc server. It may be useful to speak in a more fluid manner at times, rather than just posting to the forum.
    I'm kinda thinking the forum will be useful to keep track of the overall progression of everything, but the irc will be cool for random discussions if any of us happen to be working on stuff simultaneously.
    Snag your favorite irc client and point yourself to irc.benow.ca #techno

See you there!

-Chris

Administrator

actually we have a blackout irc channel... but i deleted the link on the top of the forum cause everyone wanted me to do a avatar/signiture hide and i messed up the code :( i'll put it back the way it was in the next few wks :)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    actually we have a blackout irc channel... but i deleted the link on the top of the forum cause everyone wanted me to do a avatar/signiture hide and i messed up the code :( i'll put it back the way it was in the next few wks :)
    Ahh nice that would be fun to have :)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by duncandisorderly
    did this ever kick off properly or did it just disappear up its own jacksie?
    I was the one spearheading the first round of this idea. Everyone was supposedly in.. but then when it actually came time to get to work, only 3 people actually were down to do it. I set up an ftp with tons of room, and it was all ready to go. However, most people were just too busy. The work platform was always an ongoing issue. Plug-in compatibility and sequencer/version split the lines too much.

I mentally invested a bunch to get it going, but at the end of the day.. it was a waste of time.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Antinoise
    Quote Originally Posted by duncandisorderly
    did this ever kick off properly or did it just disappear up its own jacksie?
    I was the one spearheading the first round of this idea. Everyone was supposedly in.. but then when it actually came time to get to work, only 3 people actually were down to do it. I set up an ftp with tons of room, and it was all ready to go. However, most people were just too busy. The work platform was always an ongoing issue. Plug-in compatibility and sequencer/version split the lines too much.

I mentally invested a bunch to get it going, but at the end of the day.. it was a waste of time.
    It may be difficult to deal with people running on different platforms and such, but up until the point of arrangement I think if all people pass around are wav files there should be no problem.
    When arrangement time comes I suggest we stick to one cross-platform sequencer such as Live and unless everyone has waves plugins and what not, we should limit ourselves to the internal plugins. If you want to use something that others don't have, bounce the audio to a file and then put it back into the session.

No one said this was going to be easy ;)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234