Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BOA Lifetime Member

Some interveiws would be good I think, a bit like is done in the other forums but focusing on production of course.
    Not realy much help towards a stronger comunity but would improove in here for me at least: )

more input from more people would make the place stronger I guess.

BOA Lifetime Member

i'd vote for an experiment: open at least the production part of the forum to everyone. i'll sort the jerks out if there should be any. if that experiment fails we can always go back to the usual procedure. but i guess mark has his reasons for not having it like this anyway...

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by loopdon
    i'd vote for an experiment: open at least the production part of the forum to everyone. i'll sort the jerks out if there should be any. if that experiment fails we can always go back to the usual procedure. but i guess mark has his reasons for not having it like this anyway...
    I second that. Could be interesting. it would fit in with the rearrangement if the forums that mark has been talking about,

Junior Freak

I don't think anyone wants to sift through one while looking for the other. Seperate is much better.
    Point taken on the "too much traffic" thing, but the latter problem they solve by just having [TUNE] at the start of the topic so that you know what it's about.

I think one of the things that can dilute forum communities is....too many forums. I count 37 forums here...there are probly reasons for that that I'm unaware of (after all you guys are administering the place and have no doubt paid it some thought and debate) but it does look a tad overkill at first blush.

On the other hand, having a forum specifically for oldskool trance or hardstyle encourages discussion about that that might not otherwise occur in something more generic, and sends out the message "we're a hardstyle-friendly place"....so maybe I'm wrong.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    I did spend a lot of time making a production guide for techno, adn then posting it up.
    loopdon said he wanted to make it sticky, but you haven`t given him the power to do it.
    So maybe just sort out your mods abilities here.
    I think this forum is fine as it is other than that.
    I have... He just needs to edit your first post and change it from normal to sticky :)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyslim
    articles/interviews/reviews etc by users would be a good. A bit like that god awful harderfaster place. Thats a mecca for information about hardhouse, and general london clubbing

To do that on a more worldwide scale, interviewing some of the worlds best electronic artists would guarentee to push BOA further
    i really would love to do this. like i say, i could open up the 'submit' module to everyone and people can submit useful articles. but we need the quality control. will the forum provide it's own qulaity control or will it get out of hand and we end up with useless articles??? i mean i can try it and see what happens - perhaps i need to put something on the module like 'before submitting an article, please make sure you have posted it in the forums and it has been rated for submission'. hmmmmm this is interesting. we could have a system where ppl can rate an article that has been posted in the forum and once it gets a high enough rating, that's when you guys know it needs to be posted as an article.

interesting.. i wonder if there's a hack you can do that means a post gets tagged as a 'article' cause the poster gave it that tag, which automatically puts a rating system at the bottom. once the rating hits like 100 voters all saying helpful, then it marks it a different colour and then you know it's useful. then if a member sees it, they can post it up in the articles section...

i dunno it's an idea.

also re: sample space. EXCELLENT idea BUT i would like to find a goood module to do this.. so we can collaborate on music.. i will check out a few forums...

:)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    I did spend a lot of time making a production guide for techno, adn then posting it up.
    loopdon said he wanted to make it sticky, but you haven`t given him the power to do it.
    So maybe just sort out your mods abilities here.
    I think this forum is fine as it is other than that.
    I have... He just needs to edit your first post and change it from normal to sticky :)
    i really tried. dunno what i did wrong, honestly. i didn't exactly say you (Mark) hadn't given me the power - i just said i absolutely didn't get it worked out. sorry :(

BOA Lifetime Member

You have the power.

What track was that from?

I think sticky`s that answer some of the most common questions would be good too.

Not really too bothered with interviews, they are all the same anyway, and just get used to fill up space in magazines.

Maybe some deconstruction like you get in computer music and future music: an artist deconstructing one of their own tracks and telling how they did it.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Administrator

no problems loopy i will have to pm ya and we can work this out!!!

:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12