Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by djfilthmonger
    Quote Originally Posted by Miromiric
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalin
    AMEN Dirty Bass!!

I play U.K./London techno, hard techno, acid techno, schranz AND progressive house and the occasional breaks. All depends on my mood and where/when I'm spinning. If I played the same style all the time, I'd get sick of it really quick.
    thats amazing :clap:
    Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one
    :lol:

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    How about asking Hard Techno artists how they feel about that.

ROFLMAO...
    who gives a shit??

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by crime

ROFLMAO...
    who gives a shit??

its true, why should it matter? i like... no, love both!!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by crime

ROFLMAO...
    who gives a shit??
    People who know there is a difference.
    I would expect you of all people to understand.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Supreme Freak

why is this a sticky ?

do we really need to go thru all this again ?

The Demon Beast

What may not be important to you.
    Is to others.
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

hard techno is schranz

schranz is hard techno

:P

Supreme Freak

Is to others.
    dude, there are waaay more important (and versatile) points to be discussed.. this one has been done to death, and in truth, its subjective with no right or wrong, so whats the point ?

makin it a sticky does NOT make it an important issue.. its all techno ffs, and some daft label thats been misquoted time & time again is not going to change anyuthing, least of akk the actual music.

dump this thread asap & replace it with a subject that matters.

imo ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Compared to vocal house, all techno is rubbish anyway.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

oldbugger

lmao @ this being a sticky :lol:

hows about hardcore techno is not gabba aswell :lol:

Junior Freak

Is to others.
    Can't see you you winning this one, besides it looks like this is more important to you than anyone else. Should you be using stickies to try and enforce your view of what is or is not hard techno, considering your a moderator?
    200 BPM or I\'m off.....

Junior Freak

how can something over 150 - 160 bpm be called techno??? that type of muzik is much more closer to gabba and hardcore .... ?? for me the 1st such muzik lacks to be called tecchno is the fact thatit laccks definiton and inteligence [but YES schranz can be inteligent and innovative !! and TECHNO even ]..

the originator of the word Schranz [ translation : REAL DANCE MUSIC ] .. Chris Liebing makes it as it;s supose to be .. it;s schranz , >>> .. u can dance to it and it;s hard too .. :devilish: now that can be called techno

unlike the stuff that;s being called schranz at the momnet.. wich i s just blatant headbanging like gabba and hardcore ..

globaly there is a low level of profesionalism regarding production ... 90% of schranz production is just plain bad ... and calling that type of music hardTECHNO just gives techno a bad name .. :roll:

hyper production of shitty [funky loopy bongo, conga ] techno made this possible to happen .. quality is not important as sales anymore ...and that is killing the music // making me think how much is good quality music important anymore ?? and do people deffer it from rest of the shit that;s being put out there ..

and what i dislike also is the fact scrazners are confusing ppl that are new into the music [looks to me many producers are newbies too], taking the name hardtechno and labeling hardtech as hardgroove .. ??? wtf is that about .. ?? plz be REAL !!

hardtechno is much TOUGHER and harder than this thing they call schranz if u ask me ..

their schranz music drifted away from the true meaning of the word ... TECHNO ..and I cannot label it as such ..

it is suposed to be MUSIC >>

PS, i agree with Mark , Patrick and Mita .. too

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    how can something over 150 - 160 bpm be called techno??? that type of muzik is much more closer to gabba and hardcore .... ?? for me the 1st such muzik lacks to be called tecchno is the fact thatit laccks definiton and inteligence [but YES schranz can be inteligent and innovative !! and TECHNO even ]..

the originator of the word Schranz [ translation : REAL DANCE MUSIC ] .. Chris Liebing makes it as it;s supose to be .. it;s schranz , >>> .. u can dance to it and it;s hard too .. :devilish: now that can be called techno

unlike the stuff that;s being called schranz at the momnet.. wich i s just blatant headbanging like gabba and hardcore ..

globaly there is a low level of profesionalism regarding production ... 90% of schranz production is just plain bad ... and calling that type of music hardTECHNO just gives techno a bad name .. :roll:

hyper production of shitty [funky loopy bongo, conga ] techno made this possible to happen .. quality is not important as sales anymore ...and that is killing the music // making me think how much is good quality music important anymore ?? and do people deffer it from rest of the shit that;s being put out there ..

and what i dislike also is the fact scrazners are confusing ppl that are new into the music [looks to me many producers are newbies too], taking the name hardtechno and labeling hardtech as hardgroove .. ??? wtf is that about .. ?? plz be REAL !!

hardtechno is much TOUGHER and harder than this thing they call schranz if u ask me ..

their schranz music drifted away from the true meaning of the word ... TECHNO ..and I cannot label it as such ..

it is suposed to be MUSIC >>

PS, i agree with Mark , Patrick and Mita .. too
    Could not have said it better.
    And that is why this is a sticky.
    Because it is a relevant and important topic for intelligent people to speak on.
    Not to come in and say this thread sucks close it.
    If you have an opinion on the debate then speak it instead of throwing sucker punches and scurrying off.
    Wetworks

Supreme Freak

xavi, where is th proof that what you say is gospel ? for i supsect it is purely based on opinion.

its subjective.. therefore, there is no right or wrong.

was 'schranz' not jus a descrip[tive word ? like 'funky' or 'minamil' or 'hard' or 'deep' ?

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by kebabman
    Is to others.
    Can't see you you winning this one, besides it looks like this is more important to you than anyone else. Should you be using stickies to try and enforce your view of what is or is not hard techno, considering your a moderator?
    It's not about winning or loosing.
    It's about education.
    I am not standing on a pulpit screaming.
    It is a debate.
    Wetworks

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by kebabman
    Is to others.
    It's not about winning or loosing.
    It's about education.
    I am not standing on a pulpit screaming.
    It is a debate.

i dont think it is a debate.. i think its a massive collection of cross wires.. from the day the word was uttered, and forever more, 'schranz' will be a mammoth running joke.. not the music that has been tagged, the word itself.

BOA Lifetime Member

thread of the year

Supreme Freak

its nerarly as good as the one in The Dungeon..

Junior Freak

It's gotten confusing lately.

The main confusing is between "Hardtechno" from Germany, which is what "Schranz" evolved into and "Hard Techno" from the UK, which is what Mark EG for example is doing.

So here's a little history lesson on what went on in Germany the last 5 years (again, note the difference between "Hard Techno" and "Hardtechno" or else this won't make sense).

When Schranz started in Germany, it became a huge hype. A year or two into the hype, Schranz as a word became unpopular and the music started to become soft and turned into what is now Techhouse. That aside it also started to suck. That's pretty much when I surfaced and started doing ridiculously hard 'Schranz' with the sole purpose of shocking and protesting this new, softer direction the music had taken.

The work of ViperXXL, Wittekind and myself gave birth to a new hype. 'Schranz' played at 150 bpm. Back then our sets mostly consisted of mostly UK Hard Techno and some of the harder German and French stuff. Think Glenn Wilson, Cold Dust, The Anxious, WJH, Stigmata, etc.

Since we didn't see it as Schranz, for lack of a better word, we called our music "Hard Techno" which was written as "Hardtechno" in order to keep Germans from writing it as "Harter Techno". (This was shortly before the iraq war and in Germany people tried to avoid english words as protest against the US or some shit).

So from then on everybody called the hard and fast stuff "Hardtechno". A bunch of new producers showed up, some good (Arkus P., OBI, Seema at the time), but most of them sucked. People started producing and djing on speeds of 155bpm and up to make their tracks sound harder. This of course wasn't gonna work, but like anyone ever listened to me....

People started stealing loops from each other, overcompressing the f*ck out of their productions, so you basically get some muddy drumloop shit with no highs which pumps for 2 monutes, then theres a break with some random noises and some angry sounding movie sample "haha now prepare to die". Of course that's when the compressor lets go, so the highs start screaming and it messes up you hearing, then the beat comes back in and it's back to the old mud sound.

Now, 3 years later, the scene has devolved into something I don't want to have a part in anymore. Hardtechno partys start at 160+bpm and end at... 160+bpm. NO WONDER party people get sick of this shit. Hell I love headbanging as much as anyone, but I feel insulted by the stupidity and lack of creativity of Hardtechno productions lately.

I pretty much quit playing any of that stuff in 2004 and worked my way towards a more Industrial Hardcore like sound, which in my opinion is far closer to UK Hard Techno than anything else. Names like Manu LeMalin, Daisy, Rude Awakening, Lenny Dee, Peaky Pounder, Ophidian, etc come to mind.

I got into hot water for it, I was threatened last year by DJs from the Hardtechno scene, that if I continued "opening the doors to our market for the the Hardcore guys, it would be the end of Hardtechno, because one can't compete with DJs like Lenny and businesses like Third Movement". Not that I cared. There was even a call for boycott against me. Promoters were threatened, that if they book me or any one from my agency, they would no longer get headliners from a certain agency.

So I started my own agency and right now we're promoting this new Industrial Techno style and building up a new scene. A scene where there will be no room for bpm contests, cokehead artists who mistake themselves for god, calls for boycott and all the other crap that ruined Hardtechno.

At least that's my vision and mission for the next few years.

Ideally there will be partys that start with Techno, move up to Hard Techno and from there go harder and harder until you end up with Industrial Hardcore.

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah, so basically it's all just hard techno then ?

sorted!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast