Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    
    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Default England V Hungary

First half sysnapsis.

[dj rubbish]LOAD OF OLD RRRRRUUUUUUBISH [/dj rubbish]



haha,I spoke too soon.

2-0!!



Hungary looked like they might come back into it with a scorcher banana shot which left Robinson with no hope,but we actually played ok in the second half. i think the fact that Hungary opened up a bit helped,cos the first half they just all sat back and defended. Good goal by Crouch,nice set up by Cole. Theo came on for the crowd but didn't really get a chance (but then at this level you have to make your own chances) Cambell was booked within 1 minute of coming on (typical goona) And I learnt a new funny. Pete Crouch,Not so much a name. More a request. :lol:

Banned

why do comentators/fans moan when foreign players dive, yet when an england player dives its ok?

someone explain cos i'm baffled

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by conflict
    why do comentators/fans moan when foreign players dive, yet when an england player dives its ok?

someone explain cos i'm baffled
    cos we have to moan at something, plus it's a good excuse to use when we lose :lol:

as for the game, not bad, i hope sven now see's that hargreaves is a pile of shite
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics



Why does he play him? The whole country can see that he'd be more use serving a big mac and fries than playing "the holding role"

BOA Lifetime Member

god we were shit,as always.i hate watchin england friendlys.

Ultimate Freak

they passed the ball better at times and looked OK, thought the system didnt really suit anyone playing out of position (Carragher and Gerrard looked bemused at times) and there wasnt much width. But 3-1 is about right on the chances created.

Ultimate Freak

I don't think we should bother with the holding player, none of them are really good enough. I'd play Crouch up there with Owen and the usual suspects in Midfield.

Really against Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago not sure the need of a holding mifielder. Maybe against teams like Brazil we will need a player to sit in there and protect the back four but I'd fancy us to beat most teams without a player sitting.

Beckham was class tonight, carrying his form from Madrid this season.

Ultimate Freak

agreed, it was said in commentary, 4-4-2 will always be the best England Formation ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

That owen hargreaves is piss poor. Dunno how the **** he gets in the squad never mind the team. As much as im a fan of carragher he shouldnt of started that game in the holding posistion as he did when you have a a player the quality of carrick who does that job week in week out. If thats the way he's gonna play it carrick needs to be in.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by Traxx
    That owen hargreaves is piss poor. Dunno how the **** he gets in the squad never mind the team. As much as im a fan of carragher he shouldnt of started that game in the holding posistion as he did when you have a a player the quality of carrick who does that job week in week out. If thats the way he's gonna play it carrick needs to be in.
    agreed, but we should stick to 4-4-2 really.

that keeper though, wearing his matalan special tracky bottoms :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Ultimate Freak

I think Carrick will start Saturday vs Jamaica, maybe he was giving Carragher a try in the position.



Lets hope Sven gives Lennon a good running on saturday aswell :)

BOA Lifetime Member

again we done well the only bad thing was the manager again he really is useless

carrager in a holding role is wrong he is a rock at the back but carrick surely must play that position.. also he is v.good at right back

hargreves is a joke!!! he was included instead of a 5th striker, why is he in the squad ?????

it is also worrying owen does not look match fit at all, i so hope he does include defoe in the end. i will bet money owen pulls a hamstring at some point in the w.c. and with rooney out we need a player like that

beckham did play well in the second half i wanted lennon to come on but becks done the job him and terry could be quality in the w.c if he keeps crossing like that...

Ultimate Freak

The thing is with owen he can be really quiet for 88 mins then score the all important goal like before Xmas when he was really quiet for 88 mins vs the Argies and he scrored 2 clinical headers.

I think the plan was for him to play 60 mins last night and then the full 90 saturday. Think he needs a goal saturday though just for confidence.

Yeah I agree, don't think we needed so many midfielders, even Jenas is not good enough for that level. That extra place would of benefit england more with Defoe there.

BOA Lifetime Member

Why Defoe? Bent scored more goals in the prem and Defoe hasn't really proven himself at international level. I was disappointed by some of the play, people would make forward runs and no-one would support them so they'd just get crowded out in the end and then they didn't bother making forward runs and the football suffered as a result. Too many long balls as usual, I found it difficult to get excited or whatever even when we did score.

Also, when Walcott came on England played really badly which didn't help him, but even when they did have the ball, they hardly ever looked to give it to him even when he came deep looking for the ball, considering he's only 17 and making his full debut I thought they could have done a lot more to help him settle into the game, give him some early touches etc. Although without Gerrard the midfield completely failed to dominate the game, pretty poor.

I thought Joe Cole was man of the match, he got an assist, almost scored and played well, rather than just take a few good free kicks a la Baeckham when we all know he can take free kicks.

I hope they start with Owen and Walcott up front on Saturday, I reckon Walcott could do well in the Rooney role since he can play on the wing as well and it'd be good for him, since he should get more of the ball that way.

The Games Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie
    god we were shit,as always.i hate watchin england friendlys.

I thought some of the passing moves we put togeather were amazing & we showed how we can score different type of goals. Also Beckham showed why he's worth his place in the team.
    You gotta say YES ! to another excess

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Why Defoe? Bent scored more goals in the prem and Defoe hasn't really proven himself at international level. I was disappointed by some of the play, people would make forward runs and no-one would support them so they'd just get crowded out in the end and then they didn't bother making forward runs and the football suffered as a result. Too many long balls as usual, I found it difficult to get excited or whatever even when we did score.

Also, when Walcott came on England played really badly which didn't help him, but even when they did have the ball, they hardly ever looked to give it to him even when he came deep looking for the ball, considering he's only 17 and making his full debut I thought they could have done a lot more to help him settle into the game, give him some early touches etc. Although without Gerrard the midfield completely failed to dominate the game, pretty poor.

I thought Joe Cole was man of the match, he got an assist, almost scored and played well, rather than just take a few good free kicks a la Baeckham when we all know he can take free kicks.

I hope they start with Owen and Walcott up front on Saturday, I reckon Walcott could do well in the Rooney role since he can play on the wing as well and it'd be good for him, since he should get more of the ball that way.
    bent is not on stand by so he cant get in the team

and defoe is proven i think he has only played for england for a full 90 mins against poland once and he was man of the match! was so much better than his stike parter (owen) and scored that vital goal

to be honsest apart form rooney defoe is the only striker we have that can make a goal out of nothing



I'm not sure if Defoe's fit enough for international games at the moment,he's been bench warming for much of the season. I hope he plays,cos it'd be good for him,and we need a player who can turn a defence inside out like he can (and Lennon!!). I'm just not sure that this is going to be the tournament for Defoe to do it in.

I hope Sven plays Lennon on saturday so that he can secure a place for himself. The lads pure quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast