Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech

i dont think its laziness, more choice.
    That`s just a play on words.

to just bang together the same loops everyone else is using, and to do the same filtered breakdowns as everyone has done etc
    Of course it`s lazyness.
    It`s essentially doing what someone esle has done, because "it`s tecno"
    It involves little thought and little time to think about.

discovering your own sounds, doing something, then realising, hmmm this has been done a hell of a lot, maybe I should try to do this a different way. Maybe I should try to use something I`ve not used before etc, is a little less lazy.

There`s an argument that, Well it`s what people want, or, well it`s what people are used to.
    or
    It rocks the floor, so that`s ok.

That`s an ok argument, but it`s treading the line into the pop mentality of unchallenging mediocrity.

I think the crowd needs to be entertained, but they should be given more credit for being able to accept new and different stuff.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Deceptacon

not a play on words at all steve. if i wanna produce 140bpm bangers its because i want to and not because i think that thats what people will like. i love acid techno so i make it.. sometimes similiar to the tried and tested formulae, sometimes completly differant. i love straight techno.. same thing applies. i love club techno.. again same thing.

i've been a musician for years now and i certainly have no qualms about being able to make slower more minimal stuff or faster noseblled stuff. i just dont because its not what im into.

whats the point in me making something i dont enjoy listening to? i get enough of that engineering demos for bands.

Deceptacon

im not on this earth to educate people about the many weird and wonderful forms of music that exist. let them find out in their own way. i just wanna go out play what i like and listen to what i like. if i hear something new and i like it then thats great. happy days. if i dont well then i know theres always next time.

its not a competition to see who can be the most "pure" or the most "underground". its about doing something you love doing, and to be honest, if you love making boyband pop records then fair play to you.

because the real drudgery and mediocrity lies in having nothing in your life that makes you smile the way making music makes me smile. and argue as i will on this thread, its still like water off a ducks back because tonight i have a gig. im gonna play tech house, techno, acid & i'ven even got some hip hop to end on. people are gonna dance and im gonna love every second of it.

BOA Lifetime Member

I thin kyour missing the point
    there`s nothing wrong with 140bmp dance floor techno.

when it follows the same sound, formula and structure as the last 50 gazillion releases, then it`s a bit sad.
    If your a musician then surely you can see this.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Deceptacon

i can see it and i try to do something differant, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt and i sound the same as the last guy. but thats not a problem for me. im never gonna be the next jeff mills or speedy j or whoever. i just wanna be somewhat good at what i do and keep learning.

all music is somewhat limited by boundries.. its just a fact. breaking those boundries is a bloody hard job but very very impressive when it works BUT skirting those boundries and pushing them a little is to be admired as well. its a very fine line between doing something innovative and just doing something crap.

BOA Lifetime Member

oh for sure, but trying is the thing.
    And lets face it, it`s not exactly hard to do something different from your average loop cd techno bash a tastic mash now is it?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Deceptacon

its a very fine line between doing something innovative and just doing something crap.
    a quick example.

i've just been listening to 2 rmxs that speedy j has done

Feieralarm - amazing, weird innovative and truely beautiful. it isnt an in your face stomper but i can imagine it still working wonders on a dancefloor.

marco bailey - rude boy (speedy j rmx) - a not so impressive rmx that i feel just drones on & on and would bore me off a dancefloor

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    And lets face it, it`s not exactly hard to do something different from your average loop cd techno bash a tastic mash now is it?
    no you're right its not. and you heard that in the rmx i did for you. it may not be totally differant to anything else out there BUT it was differant to anything i've ever done, which meant i learned something new. im happy with that and i love the tune.. what more could i ask for?

BOA Lifetime Member

no you're right its not. and you heard that in the rmx i did for you. it may not be totally differant to anything else out there BUT it was differant to anything i've ever done, which meant i learned something new. im happy with that and i love the tune.. what more could i ask for?
    I`m not actually talking about your stuff here man, don`t take things so personally.

As for Speedy`s Bailey remix. It was ok.

What`s great about him is he isn`t affraid to take risks.
    Some of his stuff just doesn`t work, but you hear him workin it, he`s not just sittin on his ass knocking out the same old crap day in day out.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Deceptacon

I`m not actually talking about your stuff here man, don`t take things so personally.

relax, im not taking anything personally. as i said earlier this is one of the best discussions in a long time on here, im really enjoying it.

i just used that rmx as an example of trying something new.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234