Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Landstrumm

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Neil Landstrumm

He played here in Dublin last night, and was simply outstanding. The Beyers, Mills, Hawtins and co. can go **** themselves. There's no better ambassador for techno or dancefloor electronics than Landstrumm. Again, I was totally blown away by him, truly brilliant.

Junior Freak

Yeah, He's quality. No boring loopy crap. Love the grime stuff he's been putting out on Scandinavia.

BOA Lifetime Member

hail landstrumm

BOA Lifetime Member

You said it!
    Y'know I was actually at one stage angry last night when I thought of how much the guy rocks, and how so more relevant he is than the superstars of today. This is the shit more people should be experiencing on the dancefloor. The bass was extraordinary too, you could literally grab hold of it.

BOA Lifetime Member

Neil Landstrumm is the f*cking daddy - I'd take him over Mills & co any day of the week. :clap:

Parsnip

True innovator.

Ultimate Freak

Good to see someone who has been ignored for so long getting the respect he truly deserves..

Junior Freak

Yeah Landstrumm was deadly last night, really really good set and it was a truly new experience seeing that many samplers on one table!
    www.giveusthenight.com - support the cause!!!!!

Banned

Default Neil Landstrumm

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    He played here in Dublin last night, and was simply outstanding. The Beyers, Mills, Hawtins and co. can go **** themselves. There's no better ambassador for techno or dancefloor electronics than Landstrumm. Again, I was totally blown away by him, truly brilliant.
    why can they go **** themselves?

adam beyer was brilliant last week at atomic jam, and all his mixes are always spot on aswell

BOA Mod

**** word and this "he has bigger dick then mills and beyer" argument is lame.

why do you people have to compare something that can't be compared just like that?
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

Ultimate Freak

I think the point was just the amount that these names get bandied about, and someone like landstrumm doesn't get half the props, when (IMO) Neil's music has much more depth and musicality to it.. I mean it depends what you want, but I'd hedge a bet that Landstrumm's sound (and others like him) doesn't get talked about so much, because it's not so dj friendly, and it's not familear enough sounding for people (just a theory I've been thinking about for some time)... I think you're taking offense when none need be taken, and I think "His mixes are always spot on" is a bit of a weak argument TBH... obviously it's all down to what you want to hear, but this whole compressed loop thing hasn't really changed very much in 10 years, you can't really call any of the purveyors of it innovative, and Landstrumm is one person trying to push the boundaries and do something new and interesting... christ sake Koma & Conflict, lighten up, you're behaving like sunil said he just screwed your grandma...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by crime
    lighten up, you're behaving like sunil said he just screwed your grandma...
    if only you knew!!!

Ultimate Freak

I suppose reading back over what's posted here, it's back to the old each to their own.. I mean a lot of straight techno turns me off personally but it obviously floats some people's boats. then again I'm still a sucker for old internal period advent, reload records and places era beltram, it's just a shame that more producers don't try and do something really fresh.. I suppose though when you've carved yourself a niche, you've got your fan base, the diary is full and you're still having fun with what you're doing there isn't the motivation to change... fair enough..

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah top man is Landstrumm, some of the music he makes me laff with how freaky and slutty it is.
    Top geezer.

Supreme Freak

Default Neil Landstrumm

There's no better ambassador for techno or dancefloor electronics than Landstrumm
    we'll have venetian snares, exile and µ-ziq tonight. i'll let you know if they could mess with neil ;)

btw. mark: burn in hell for being on the guestlist :clown:
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

Ultimate Freak

Default Neil Landstrumm

Quote Originally Posted by fac
    There's no better ambassador for techno or dancefloor electronics than Landstrumm
    we'll have venetian snares, exile and µ-ziq tonight. i'll let you know if they could mess with neil ;)

btw. mark: burn in hell for being on the guestlist :clown:
    who are you? I'm stumped now, I didn't know if I might know you...

I'm odd's on for Exile myself....

Supreme Freak

i guess u dont know me. i know rotten and he told me that ;)
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

Supreme Freak

sunil, was it totally bonkewrs wacky synths & spastik drums all over the shop ?

he jus defys loopage.. like berkovi when i had him over.. jus mental hatstand breaky madness with a big daft 4/4 & all sorts of crazy noises..

i always loved this stuff live but jus cannot dj that type of music.. tobias schmidt & the whole sativae/drought crew.. love it to listen & dance & hear live, but its f**ker to mix lol

Supreme Freak

crime, you know steve glencross ? he can play that stuff.. i dont know how, but he can..

as for comparing Landstrumm live to Beyer djing, they are different skills altogther..

Bedrooms & Citys.. get that sunil.. its ****in mental.. well old, but i know your gonna dig it..

god, brings back memories of those days playing that wacky vogel & berkovi & landstrumm style..

Ultimate Freak

I play this stuff all the time also!! as do a lot of people on the continent, and this is my point, I wouldn't let the fact that this kind of stuff is harder to mix compromise my music taste, and this is the problem right now, people are too obsessed with perfect beatmatching, at the expense of interesting music, to me, I hear someone playing a set of purely straight techno, that all fits together very nicely, and personally, I find it boring, 9 times out of 10, it sounds like the same record over and over even (maybe I'm getting old).. I mean what does that say about the average standard of djs these days, I wouldn't say it was a total ****er to mix, just you have to know your records well, and know the right spot to mix it, and you can't do 6 minute mixes slowly fading from one record to the other, and accept the fact that you can't really mix this stuff on 3 decks, because there's too much going on... in fact you don't need to mix this stuff on three decks, because there is enough interesting stuff going on in it to stop you falling asleep after the first 16 bar....

@ Module: Yes I do know, Stevie G, Tarrida also spins this stuff.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast