Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

@dodgedy, my fostex pm05's are tiny, but they're good enough for me, they do go down to 50Hz though.

as for the genelics, they've had good reviews, but i'd want something below 66Hz.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Banned

spirit absolute zero's

i like

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy
    Right then... how about this..

My mate went and spent 350 squids on the smallest pair of genelecs i have EVER seen.

She says she really likes them, but i have my doubts... this is them... TBH i told her to take em back... but what do you lot think...

I must stress that these are tiny i mean REALLY tiny. 22.6cm high.

the main problem i have with them.. (bear in mind i havnt heard them) is they have 4" cones..

She swears the guy in soundcontrol WASNT trying to sell them to her, but i know how these people operate and i bet he was buttering her up... she writes detroit techno and isnt doing to bad for herself.

They use a bass boost function to get over the problems with having a 4inch cone, but as with most things :lol: i reckon its better to have a 6.5incher :lol:

What do you folks think? She has 6days to take em back.. personally i think she should..
    I`ve found all the new shape genelecs exceedingly uncomfortable to use and listen to for any length of time in all but the largest of rooms.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

Alesis MK2 powered monitors. Would like a pair of the mackies though.

BOA Lifetime Member

i got Mackie HR624's, wikid little monitors with great sound !!!
    Be Lucky!

Supreme Freak

I borrowed Paul Cortex' Absolute 2's for a good while, when I first started learning how to produce.. cheers Paul! ;)

Then he had to take them back and I started crying :crybaby:

So I was like **** the expense, I don't want to have to learn a different type of monitor, I've only just got to grips with these ones! - and they are lovely... :cheese:

Thought I was gonna have to spend in excess of £150 second hand but Steve bid on ebay 4me and got me a pair, which were so near new that even the bass response hadn't been worn in yet, for £62 !!!

Result...
    Strength in numbers...MySpace
    Music Links

Ultimate Freak

Yorkville YSM1P + YSS1 Sub

BOA Lifetime Member

Alesis M1 Active MKII.
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Junior Freak

alesis monitor 1 (passive)

with samson servo 170

Supreme Freak

Phonic P12a way to big for my small room...
    Even beethoven had his critics!

Parsnip

With the Genelecs, I think they tend to assume you're getting the subwoofer too.

the big pork pie

Technics, dunno the model, but they cost me £10 for the pair at a car boot sale and they kick like fu*k.

BOA Lifetime Member

Yamaha MSP5s, they are nice and clear, but can hurt the ears after long periods of listening at loud a level I find.
    I love em tho.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse
    With the Genelecs, I think they tend to assume you're getting the subwoofer too.

BOA Mod

Oh shit...

i meant to say.. i agree.

Supreme Freak

[quote="dirty_bass"]Well, really, to me, nearfield monitors, as long as they are`nt total shite, are really much of a muchness.
    For the most part you won`t have a clue how they work until about 3 or 4 months down the line when your ears are used to them, and you know how they work.
    so really any half decent nearfields will do.

The truths are ok, but I just don`t trust any behringer audio gear. their midi stuff is ok, but their audio never seems right.

Maybe it`s a psychological snobby thing?[/quote

i've got a set of the truth's, absolute rubbish, not a clear sound in the low mid area and they severly boost the bass, and add a bit too much colour to the high's very dfifficult to get a mix down on
    just bought a set of the adam P11a's, suppost to be very good. they haven't arrived yet, hopefully sometime next week.

behirnger stuff is crap though, i got a behrigner compressor and its a compelete waste of time.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by fresh_an_funky_design
    behirnger stuff is crap though, i got a behrigner compressor and its a compelete waste of time.
    fair do's..

its alright when your skint & makin no money & cant afford anything else.. imo.

btw, did u do anything with the dip switches on the back.. i know your view on Behringer so ya dont need to go off, jus answer ;)

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    Technics, dunno the model, but they cost me £10 for the pair at a car boot sale and they kick like fu*k.

Haha, Si ya nutta!
    F**kin bargain mate :eyes:

Supreme Freak

i'll try not to go off... bad habit of mine!
    u can fiddle around with the eq settings on the back which do help to a certain extent but the problem is not just with the bass its the whole frequency range.. they push the sound out a lot so when listen on other set ups certain parts of the track sound very weak. and as i said earlier the low mid area has very little clarity.

from my own experience with them i wouldnt recommend the for producing, although they are great for dj'n on.

Supreme Freak

well, they would never be my first choice givewn th eoption & takin away the money side.. but they'll have to do me til i get some $$$ for summat better..

either way, jus thought it might help to illustrate the varied monitors we all use & how summat may sound good on one set, doesnt always cut it on another :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast