Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace
    Erm - does anyone know anything similar to the Redrum module in Reason?

I still find it the most intuitive and flexible way to lay down a groove, as you can change the samples around so easily, audition loads of different sounds and then swap them about to see which fit better with each other.

If there was something like that I could use in Cubase I would be dead happy.
    Exactly...

im using Cubase to sequence, but im finding that the ONLY reason why i even bother rewiring Reason 3 to it is solely for the use of the redrum module. This of course is a huge CPU hog, so it would be awesome if there was something exactly like Redrum that could be opened up as a VST in cubase so i could bypass Reason alltogether......

Junior Freak

I use Cubase SX3 with Kontakt, Battery and Intakt mostly now, but one of the reasons I stuck with FL Studio for so long was the step sequencer and the simple and easily automatable sampler. SOOO quick and easy to set up which was great when I had an idea in my head I absolutely had to put together immediately. I still use it for piecing together conga/ bassline loops and for doing whacky wierd stuff with its internal controller automated FX.

I love playing with Reason's Redrum just cycling through kits after I've knocked out a groove. You get some pretty unexpected results sometimes. You can do the same thing with Battery too of course, but people don't seem to map thier kits to GM unfortunately :(

Junior Freak

One way of using a side chain a little more creatively is to use it as an insert instead of a send (so you don't hear the key at all) on an independant kick drum or loop with a rather agressive attack and release to create dynamics in the bass somewhere other than the offbeat. I also llike using side chainging to gate my rides. rhythmtech seems to be a fan too.

EDIT: D'oh, I pasted in the wrong tab!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12