Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Default **** YOU JUST HAVE TO CHECK THIS TRACK OUT !!!!!!! ****

In my opinion, this is undoubtably the best, most innovative techno track I've heard all year (and I don't mean that lightly). Perhaps (but time will tell) the best track I've heard for about 5 years.. This is either gonna be very, very massive (and perhaps change the face of techno??????), or do nothing.

Chris McCormack - 'Erase Techno' (Blacklisted - UK)

Serious, I've been trying find a track in my collection that has the same 'techno' attitude as this and I'm stuck. If only Chris could make more stuff like this, more regularly....

Banned

Havent heard of it but im after it already......... Ive got a couple of releaases from this chap, all are of the highest quality. If anyone knows where to get this please post for me.

Cheers
    Pauze

Junior Freak

Hey Mark,

I picked up a copy at JUST MUSIC last week, I too love it but you know the way things are in the music scene if it's a little bit different then it's a gamble if it's to sell. I do play it nearer the end of my set and the 1st time I played I got a few weird looks but once the rides & hats kicked in the kids loved it. Not sure if it's gonna sell loads as most techno kids turn there noses up at ROCK GUITARS but like you say it's very fresh and new. I do hope it does well as it's the 1st one on Chris's new label.

I've been playing the shit outta your Anxious - compound record......jesus what a track.

Paul.

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

"OUT SOON - DJ Bam Bam : B's Nutz (JKS006)"

BOA Lifetime Member

the kid McCormack comes up trumps once again.

this has to b THE tune of the year. its just so ****in different! its basically techno punk in a true sense of the word. Ade said he played it at the Jam the other week on +8 and the kids went mad for it!

truely great stuff

Banned

Default This new track

Well I havent purchased it, but I dont think i Will. I listened to it all tracks full out and I didnt like it at all. Thats just my opinion of course. The punk theme in there goes well i do say but the track caries on and doesnt do anything for me.
    However i did really like the ambient orchestral track i think that is on the b-side.
    Chris's kick is furious here but i personally cant see it racing up the techno charts to number one.
    Oh yeah if you want to listen to it and post your comments go to Bangingtunes.com do a search for chris McCormack.

Cheers
    pauze

Ultimate Freak

man this track is insane!!
    some crazy change ups
    not sure if the people where im from could handle it!

Administrator

I really think this track sums up techno... the old school way of thinking - not afraid to be completely different...

it get's a MASSIVE reaction on the floor - believe me!!!

Ultimate Freak

sorry man.. just heard it and i have to say.. although original in some regards. not a great track.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

Is there some place on the net where I can listen to it?

Junior Freak

Got me copy on on saturday.

You can get it from www.juno.co.uk

Debz
    Shy Bairns get no Gravy..

BOA Lifetime Member

The reason why this track is so great is that chris mccormack does not create music for the dance floor. He creates music that he wants to create and listen to. Many Dj's have asked him to put bigger intros on his tunes and he has told them to **** off as he has made the music to what he likes not to what every1 will like.

What a track by the way. listen to it on www.juno.co.uk

Ultimate Freak

Yeah, Chris is a weird one. He does hardly any interviews (I've read only one, one of the few)...and he does only what he wants and feels at the time. Not for money, fame, respect...whatever. Pretty cool.

Junior Freak

Default bah!

eastern block sold out 2day...boo! Could do with it for saturday like, hmmm wheres that phone!

Junior Freak

Default tune

bangin tunes have got a copy mike, ring them you will have it brfore saturday...........laffin badgers :)
    techno....no sound like this sound.....still a incomprehensible magical force the precision of the rhythms the repetition of the machine groove the basic tribalism of the beat.......there is no sound like this sound!

Ultimate Freak

Default erase techno?

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse
    sorry man.. just heard it and i have to say.. although original in some regards. not a great track.

i have to agree.

Ultimate Freak

..... if its a little bit different it is a gamble wether or not it will sell... in my opinion techno is about being different and everyday is a gamble!!!!!

Junior Freak

Gotta say it's the best techno track I've heard in months mate - dropped at Technosis last Friday and the crowd went absolutely spastic. To me it's proper dancefloor techno, with drums like that how can it not be?!

Junior Freak

got it love it!!!!!!!

:)

Junior Freak

just got my copy through yesterday its a wicked track!!!
    like nothin ive heard before, the rock guitar idea is mental!!

Junior Freak

ahhhh crap, I thought I was bein original putting a Guitar in my new track last month. Now I hear Chris McCormack has done the same thing months earlier; Oh well, so much for beeing unique :?

But I gotta say, Erase Techno is one of the best EPs I´ve got in months, if not a year's time. Very creative techno, innovative but still hard and forward and not weird like in most cases. I wish there was more stuff like this, where producers start following a new idea and bring up the guts to put it out on the market and see if it works. Erase Techno gets a full 10 outta 10 rating from me. Respect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast