Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default dirty_bass_____rock the show__thomas_figo_remix

Junior Freak

any opinions?

Junior Freak

Shouldn't you be posting this on the trance filez forum? Anyway...

I like that bassy synth you've got going at 2:00. Flange works pretty well, but the bass panning from side to side so heavily is a no-no. Try putting an instance of otiumFX BassLane just before your compressor/ limitor. It's fee and will keep your bass dead center while not affecting other frequencies. Of course you should probably get into the habit of trying to keep bassy sounds panned center anyway. The mix sounds quite limp, and there's a fair bit of very harsh clipping at one point which leads me to believe that you haven't compressed it at all though. Although overcompressing will damage your mix, and learning how to use a compressor or limiter is HARD work at first (I'm still learning things all the time) you'll find it very much worth your while. FL Studio's compressor sucks though, I wouldn't use it. Try to get a compressor with a VU meter as well as one with a gain reduction meter too. This will help you see what's happening with your compressor in real time and will aid you in learning how to use it. Waves C1 is a goodie, but rediculously pricey if you intend to pay for your software. have a look on http://www.kvr-vst.com/

The snares and that flangey jet sound at 3:20 don't work. Way too loud. I'd try something else less cliched too. I was quite enjoying it until that spoilt it actually.

I like the chimey synth you after all that. Maybe push up the volume a bit. Ravey Juno sounds fit in well, and good going with the delay. Works nicely.

Your second breakdown with the breakbeats is pretty cool, though again your levels need work especially on the hats. Origional use of a filter there. Breakdown doesn't seem to have finnished when the track comes back in.

That's about all I can think of right now...

Dan

Junior Freak

Bleh, I wish I could edit this last post... so many grammatical errors it's not funny!

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by danielmarshall
    Shouldn't you be posting this on the trance filez forum?
    y would he do that? its obviously an entry for the dirty bass rmx competition. :roll:

Junior Freak

thankx a lot m8. regards