Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Euro 2008

Chill Out Moderator

Default Euro 2008

Good results for both Scotland and England this weekend.
    Well chuffed with Scotland but can they keep it up :roll:

Ultimate Freak

England should of won by 10, must admit i turned it off second half. Can't get into watching us play againstg these poor sides.

I enjoyed the Brazil Argentina game yesterday though, some tackles going in also!!

Ultimate Freak

ash its all about crushing the french,ukranians & italians hahahaa

Supreme Freak

I agree with the commentator of the England match, where they take the "not so good" teams and have a seperate qualifying for them, as the fixture pile up is already getting fierce for club and country, no need to play some of these micky mouse games.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miksta
    I agree with the commentator of the England match, where they take the "not so good" teams and have a seperate qualifying for them, as the fixture pile up is already getting fierce for club and country, no need to play some of these micky mouse games.
    Come off of it. "the mickey mouse games" is the only time England manage a win!

I don't agree with that at all - it's a bit like saying lets create a seperate league for Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal because they're far superior than the rest of the premiership sides.

Ultimate Freak

Yeah but some of these countries are only part time, after the break up of Soviet Union and other Eastern European countries we have now got way too many crap sides in qualifying.

I mean Serbia and monterenego are terrible and now the country has split up they will be playing as two separate coutries in the future an d be even worse and there will be 2 more fixtures.

It is just boring to watch, i am a huge England fan and i turned it off in the second half saturday.

There needs to be a new system, FIFA need to do something, maybe have 2 groups of rubbish and the winners play each other and then the winner of that gets a play off place.

M.O.D.

montenegro probably accounts for 1 or 2 players though...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

well if you look at some of the smaller european nations say 10 years ago - they used to recieve a hiding every time they walked on the pitch. over the years they have grown and become strong international sides, take macedonia for example they held us to a draw on our own turf a couple of years ago, and this forthcoming game is certainly no walkover. You have to look at the bigger picture, these matches are vital to the smaller european nations profile and even from a economic point of view it's very important to these countries.

It seems like the groans are coming from the premierships top 4 fans - do you think andorra really give a shit about a few tired legs? any big side in England should have a strong enough squad to be able to rotate it anyway.

Ultimate Freak

True, England could afford to play a few more 2nd 11 players in these games, Brazil in most Copa America games and meaningless friendlies these days very rarely play there 1st best 11.

We know what Gerrard and Lampard can do, we should look to be starting with the Lennons, Wright Phillips and other younger players against teams like Andorra. It will benefit us giving these players more playing time.

BOA Lifetime Member

I know we are going off in a different tangent here but i think Lampard should be dropped. He has probably been England's worst player for the last 15 games. For some unknown reason he ain't capable of reproducing his club form on the international stage.

Ultimate Freak

He had a bad world cup but apart from that he has been pretty consistant, scored goals. I would always prefer to play Gerrard in the middle ahead of him but it seems Gerrard is going to be playing on the right now for club and country more often than not so Lampard and Hargreaves for me is the next best 2. I'd personally prefer Gerrard in the middle and Lennon on the right. espiecally against the best sides.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by french_og
    He had a bad world cup but apart from that he has been pretty consistant, scored goals. I would always prefer to play Gerrard in the middle ahead of him but it seems Gerrard is going to be playing on the right now for club and country more often than not so Lampard and Hargreaves for me is the next best 2. I'd personally prefer Gerrard in the middle and Lennon on the right. espiecally against the best sides.
    I think Lennon deserves a start. But Gerrard seems to be more effective on the right, so it's a difficult one. I'd love to Rooney in the hole behind 2 strikers to replace Lampard, i think he's at his best when he's picking the ball up and running at defenders. but then you have the problem of picking 2 "international quality" strikers which we don't seem to have, probably due to the fact that over the years we haven't really gifted any promising english strikers a chance. "If your not called Micheal Owen your not getting on the team sheet" I'd love to see Andy Johnson get a proper chance. I think Mclaren has more balls than previous managers though so i guess it's a case of wait 'n' see.

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, International teams have less to complain about in terms of the number of games they play since they can pick from every just about every professional player who can represent them rather than having one finite squad to pick from... I'd rather see Dyer replace Lampard, either that or move Gerrard in field and play someone like Lennon or SWP... Lampard was out of his depth at the world cup and has lost form since.

BOA Lifetime Member

lampard only ever scores from a deflection ............

BOA Lifetime Member

He was shit again today from what I saw, but at least he was subbed - a step in the right direction!

Supreme Freak

San marino 0 - Germany 13..... Yes, all nations need to play games like this,and cause more fixture conjestion ;)

Ultimate Freak

And San Marino have been around for a long time now. Pointless games. Surely it would be better for those sides like san marino, andorra, faroe island to be playing against each other. They would gain some confidence. Nobody enjoys getting hammered each game.

England last night - did a job but were not good, i know it is difficult going there but surely they can keep the ball better. Quite like what Glenn Hoddle was saying after about playing the 3-5-2 formation with wing backs, thought that would be our best formation for a long time.

BOA Lifetime Member

i agree,3-5-2 would be good,play to our strengths,3 centre backs etc