Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Leeds Utd - from rags to riches...

Apparently we will be in the top 6/7 clubs in the country in terms of finances this time next year.

Thats right...completely debt free.

And to think we were relegated with debts of 121 million on the brink of extinction just 18 months ago.

Ken Bates has been amazing since taking over as chairman. Many had their doubts, but what he has achieved is beyond mind blowing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/5332286.stm

BOA Lifetime Member

Perhaps it's time "we lived the dream" all over again. :lol: :paranoid: :cry:

BOA Lifetime Member

Haha, I can't beleive you've still got ex-players on the payroll, it beggards belief how badly run you were, anyone would think saboteurs were at play. It reminds me of Champ manager when I played as Man U and tried to bankrupt them!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Haha, I can't beleive you've still got ex-players on the payroll, it beggards belief how badly run you were, anyone would think saboteurs were at play. It reminds me of Champ manager when I played as Man U and tried to bankrupt them!
    The Ridsdale era was crazy. Nobody knew the extent of what was going on until we were on the brink of extinction. The wages the players were getting was beyond ridiculous. I think Seth Johnson was on 40k plus a week. the useless twat hardly kicked a ball. Recently we terminated Erik Bakke's contract he was on 25k. Danny Mills 40k, Robbie Fowler 50k (i think maybe even 60k) it was absolutely crazy, every squad member was on about 70% more wages than they should have been. I think the agents must have walked into the board room and just completely bossed the discussions. Agent: "my client wants 60k" Ridsdale: "we'll give him 80k"

Anyway, while the fininancial news is good. The performances on the pitch are dreadful. 3 successive home defeats, and 2nd from bottom in the championship.

I'm guessing Blackwell will be shown the door tommorow.

BOA Lifetime Member

Ridsdale should be sent to prison I reckon! Maybe Leeds will be the most financially side League 1 side next season. :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Blackwell sacked. today. :cheese:

Banned

O'Leary lost the plot a little bit aswell tho

BOA Lifetime Member

O'Leary did a great job, you could argue that had he stayed at the club we might not be in the championship right now. I think he really cared about the club, so he made a mistake with the book etc, but what people tend to forget is that he made mediocre players into players on the verge of world class. Take Danny Mills, Lee Bowyer, Dominic Matteo, Mark Viduka, Micheal Bridges etc.

Ask yourself this question. Have any of those players ever been as good as they were during the O'Leary era? i think you will find the answer is no.

I'm would be really pleased if O'Leary came back, although the fans are divided as far as he is concerned.

I think the likely choice is Wise (because of his connections with Bates). And god help us if he gets the job. he's one of the last people i want to see at my club. Other names mentioned are Hoddle (hope not) Curbishley (bring him on - i think he wants it) Ranieri (another one i'd be happy with)

Vinnie Jones has said the only job he would give up acting for is the Leeds Utd managers job. I'd have him on board - but i think he would have to have someone with a bit more nous as an assistant.

Banned

i think they should bring O'Leary back - let him finish the job - he's learnt humility
    i used to watch leeds in the graham / o'leary era.
    brought best out in woodgate, smith , bowyer aswell.,
    he did lose the plot though seth johnson was a mistake - some bung dealing there i think

Banned

LEEDS

LEEDS

LEEDS

LEEDS