Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

why does every schranz convo turn out like this.

some people love it, some don't, can't we all just live with it and leave out the personal insults
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Administrator

exactly, it's just ridiculous.. i'm trying to make a good thread about taking schranz forward and ppl have to say 'oh no, i hate it, f it, etc etc'... well sorry but schranz is here to stay and if you don't like it i think ya need to leave the thread....... i remember ppl being like this when belgian techno came out in the 90's... whether you like it or not it's here - why not concentrate on what you like and put you effort into that.... my 2 cents..... instead of making a crappy post, if you don't like something why not make a topic about something you do???..

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    exactly, it's just ridiculous.. i'm trying to make a good thread about taking schranz forward and ppl have to say 'oh no, i hate it, f it, etc etc'... well sorry but schranz is here to stay and if you don't like it i think ya need to leave the thread....... i remember ppl being like this when belgian techno came out in the 90's... whether you like it or not it's here - why not concentrate on what you like and put you effort into that.... my 2 cents..... instead of making a crappy post, if you don't like something why not make a topic about something you do???..
    Yeah, but you know what kind of response schranz threads get Mark. I know you had the best intentions here, but you did kinda ask for it.

A lot of people simply don't respect schranz, and while it may come across as snobby or uppity in some ways, I can totally relate people's feelings on this... as I do share similar views on some of it.

Yeah, it's better that personal insults don't come into it, but it's just a measure of how strongly people feel on both sides of the arguement here. Anyway, it's only a messageboard and we're all big boys here, so if people are easily offended by the digs at schranz, maybe *they* need to leave the thread?!

I think heated discussions and arguements should continue on this if they have to... No-one's really getting hurt, are they?

Not all of the techno scene is fine and dandy for everyone, and that should be reflected here too by those who make considered observations and posts, even if they do come across as "negative".

If you are suggesting censorship of people's views on this messageboard then I think you're making the wrong choice. Surely people can participate even if it isn't to shower stuff with praise? And alternatively, do they really need to start their own threads if they want to talk about something?

BOA Lifetime Member

techno started off as electronic soul music. Now its just turning into generic whiteboy rage shit.

Its all 'fhuck the bitch' 'kill the cunt' 'knife the granny' & 'make the bastard bleed' music these days..
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    The best shranz for me was the form,construct rythm stuff.Hard as f**k but still retaining a bit of intelligence.
    Majority of the stuff i hear these days is just mindless bang bang all sounding the same......just my opininion though
    Absolutely! I'm a big fan of this stuff. Has all the elements of schranz I like, with good hard techno to balance it out and give it a bit of complexity. Alex K. Katz couldn't do wrong for a while there. One of my favorite periods of techno.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck View Post
    techno started off as electronic soul music. Now its just turning into generic whiteboy rage shit.

Its all 'fhuck the bitch' 'kill the cunt' 'knife the granny' & 'make the bastard bleed' music these days..

that's whiteboy musack?

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil View Post
    Yeah, it's better that personal insults don't come into it, but it's just a measure of how strongly people feel on both sides of the arguement here. Anyway, it's only a messageboard and we're all big boys here, so if people are easily offended by the digs at schranz, maybe *they* need to leave the thread?!
    I've got to say I found it quite amusing how someone could get so offended at me making sarcastic comments about Schranz.. I never told anyone to "go **** themselves".. and maybe these schranz producers would get more respect from me if they could show that they arn't limited to a half or quarter bar loop of repetitive noise.. fair enough if you like it, I just think it's a bit emperors new clothes.. maybe it's because I heard The Advent "Elements of life" when it came out, which to me is what every schranz record is trying to sound like but falls far short of in ideas and production standard...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by crime View Post
    I've got to say I found it quite amusing how someone could get so offended at me making sarcastic comments about Schranz.. I never told anyone to "go **** themselves".. and maybe these schranz producers would get more respect from me if they could show that they arn't limited to a half or quarter bar loop of repetitive noise.. fair enough if you like it, I just think it's a bit emperors new clothes.. maybe it's because I heard The Advent "Elements of life" when it came out, which to me is what every schranz record is trying to sound like but falls far short of in ideas and production standard...
    heeeey, this sounds like what the legendary miro had to say about wonk-donk once upon a time

still, i agree with you about this one.

BOA Lifetime Member

the problem with Schnranze/dark/funky techno these days, is that it tends to be mostly made by a group of producers all copy the originator in that sub genre.

That`s my take, I think all techno suffers the same copycat, unimaginative blandness more and more these days.

I almost feel like rebelling against the prevailence of soft studios.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

Shranz is cool ... i've been thro the mill with it tbh and now deffo think its cool now ... its deffo a sound thats come from the kinda Form stuff by kramer and k dsmith and all them lot in the late 90's early 00's and of course natus and them nutters ... its just good relentless hard stuff !
    At first when all the cheeky bootlegs like born slippy and stuff came out i thought yeh this is banging for dropping in sets... also dunno if it was really or even now shanz but stuff like the killa's and Skull stuff was ace to bang out at raves!
    But then i felt it all went a little over board on the bootlegs and the sound wasnt doing much anymore if ya know what i mean?
    BUT then like any form of music it kinda found its feet or I found my feet with it... and now i have a selection of really banging shranz stuff like... Corporate, Protect and loads of labels i have never seen before but are wicked... and everytime i play or hear it in a club it goes off!
    I couldnt play it all the time tho its just to pull out the bag now and again. I deffo enjoy it more in small doses like 1 or 2 sets a event not all night.

BOA Lifetime Member

i do like some of it, in fact there is some really great produced tracks out there, but for me its just to hard and fast...i cant keep up with it, i like funky beats and groovey basslines.....im gettin old i think ha ha !!
    Be Lucky!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Miromiric View Post
    heeeey, this sounds like what the legendary miro had to say about wonk-donk once upon a time

still, i agree with you about this one.
    Difference is though Miro, that you were trying to diss something that you didn't have much of an idea about, and showed yourself up when you couldn't even tell the difference between my name and Mark Williams's..

Parsnip

I still can't tell the difference between all the records though
    Difference is though Miro, that you were trying to diss something that you didn't have much of an idea about
    I smell hypocrisy...

Come on Mark, we all know how irritating it is when people say "Techno? Isn't that all just bang bang bang..." so it's a bit crap to say the exact same about a particular strain of Techno you're not so chuffed with.

Supreme Freak

it's a difference if someone who knows shit about electronic music says "bah, it's all the same" or another guy (e.g. mark) who is really into this kind of music says some similar sentence about the most monotonous, bangin, repetitive etc. stuff you can imagine
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

BOA Lifetime Member

Got to love those schranz handbags :rockin:

Re the original point I totally agree, I'm liking a lot of the newer stuff coming through too - Matame, Protocast, Alex Calver, Leo Laker etc... a bit more creativity and cleverness than just going 'whump whump whump whump' for the whole record. People seem to be trying a bit harder to break the mould recently.

I can see where the schranz haters are coming from, but f*ck it - it does what it sets out to do, people are into it and the fact that it's so far removed from (for eg) crime's approach to techno that it all sounds the same to him is a good thing - three cheers for diversity :)
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

Ultimate Freak

Robin, I just checked out some of the stuff you were talking about (aside from the Calver).. Do you think the schranz scene is somehow merging with the Gabba/Hardcore scene? I must point out I was being a completely sarcastic wanker (I'm suprised anyone took me so seriously), but I have been to some horrific parties over the last few months in germany wich has given me some cynicism over the whole schranz "scene" although a few honourable mentions must go out to a few people from that scene who are nice people (Kvitta, Pets, Lukas etc).. but it does seem to be taking some ques from the hardcore thing... not my bag so much, but I can understand the appeal a bit more that a lot of the crap that was coming out over the past few years.. the biggest problem I feel is though that some producers are too happy just to be pumping out product.. i.e. 12 e.p.s a year with no though as to whether the next record was a progression from the last...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    I love it. Have any of you heard the new Switchblade stuff??? And the recent Matando releases have knocked me for six. There's a big progression going on here and although many of you might be against 1 bar loops (personally I love them in the right atmosphere), there's an energy in this sound that's just beginning to surface imho. Ogi's new track on Submissions says a hell of alot I thought.

Let me know what ya reckon eh :)
    In my opinion anything that is well made and enjoyable to rock on the decks is a valuable asset. And thanks for specificly meantioning the latest Matando :cheese: . I'm stoked for the review in M8....that's wikked Mark!!!!

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    the problem with Schnranze/dark/funky techno these days, is that it tends to be mostly made by a group of producers all copy the originator in that sub genre.

That`s my take, I think all techno suffers the same copycat, unimaginative blandness more and more these days.

I almost feel like rebelling against the prevailence of soft studios.
    I don't agree but I'll ask you for example?
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

i don't listen to alot of schranz, nor do i know exactly what it is......because i have hard techno records that are classified as schranz but to me its just hard techno........i dont know haha

but some of it is cool, but that same ol reverbed/distorted/compressed kick drum over a pop song is pretty wack imo

ive heard sets from arkus p, sandy warez, robert natus.......they have some cool hard bangin tracks in there, but alot of it does get to sound the same

BOA Lifetime Member

Robin, I just checked out some of the stuff you were talking about (aside from the Calver).. Do you think the schranz scene is somehow merging with the Gabba/Hardcore scene? I must point out I was being a completely sarcastic wanker (I'm suprised anyone took me so seriously), but I have been to some horrific parties over the last few months in germany wich has given me some cynicism over the whole schranz "scene" although a few honourable mentions must go out to a few people from that scene who are nice people (Kvitta, Pets, Lukas etc).. but it does seem to be taking some ques from the hardcore thing... not my bag so much, but I can understand the appeal a bit more that a lot of the crap that was coming out over the past few years.. the biggest problem I feel is though that some producers are too happy just to be pumping out product.. i.e. 12 e.p.s a year with no though as to whether the next record was a progression from the last...
    The schranz & gabba scenes seem less distinct recently round these parts for sure... nights & parties seem to incorporate both of them more than they used to. I'm not a fan of hardcore, it's got a very different & far less appealing feel to it for me - but a lot of people seem to get a similar vibe from both so I suppose I'd say they're merging to an extent. Nottingham's a pretty small place to base a judgement on though as you know:;

I'd agree with what you say about people putting out identikit EPs without breaking new ground, but that's not a problem specific to schranz as I'm sure you'd agree... you get that with any music. Something comes along, it's new & different, people love it & start emulating it - before long it gets stale & loses it's edge so if you're lucky people eventually take it in new directions and new sounds grow from it. That's how music develops I guess, which is how we got stuff so totally different as schranz & your own music from the detroit sound... evolution in action.
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast