Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Default The way Schranz is going....

I love it. Have any of you heard the new Switchblade stuff??? And the recent Matando releases have knocked me for six. There's a big progression going on here and although many of you might be against 1 bar loops (personally I love them in the right atmosphere), there's an energy in this sound that's just beginning to surface imho. Ogi's new track on Submissions says a hell of alot I thought.

Let me know what ya reckon eh :)

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    I love it. Have any of you heard the new Switchblade stuff??? And the recent Matando releases have knocked me for six. There's a big progression going on here and although many of you might be against 1 bar loops (personally I love them in the right atmosphere), there's an energy in this sound that's just beginning to surface imho. Ogi's new track on Submissions says a hell of alot I thought.

yo, the schranz is wicked, luving the sven wttekind stuff / boris s & alex calver at the mo.
    i personaly think that some of it is poorley produced tho.

the bootlegs such as... schranz slippy - voodoo people - star 69 & la cambia, i just cant stop caining them every time i play out, thay all got a phat as feck base line.

i love the stuff
    COOL AS U LIKE! PROMOTIONS

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post

any audio?

a friend of mine was going on about pet duo's set at ILT.
    I'm guessing they were gravitating towards this progression you speak of.
    I remain cynical, but I'm open for appeal. I can not deny the energy that schranz creates, good schranz that is, which is few and far between.

the past two years or so I've been buying mostly stripped down techno (you can call it mnml if you will) with less loops and more sounds and structure, which I still adore, but recently I bumped an older set of mine that was very hard and loopy, and I realized that the energy of that sound is unmatched, in the clubs especially. at this point I am rediscovering my love for some good old fashioned bang bang. all I ask is for good production value.... thats it. where is it? I need guidance because sifting through crap is discouraging, plus it makes your hands smell.
    the opposite of congress must be progress

BOA Lifetime Member

I like schranz for a while now but i have serioulsy gone off mixing it and find myself mixing hardtechno more .i like to listen to a set when the blood is flowing(after a bottle r 2 of buckfast). i got a set 2 hrs of Marco Remus what a set defo would not class it as schranz but close less cymbals and compressin but very very hard hittting techno
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

Junior Freak

alright lads...

have you got any mixes you can link me to with the sort of thing you are talking about?

i would love to hear it!

nice one boys and girls

Supreme Freak

Wink

I Love Schranz, Robert Natus really does it for me, but for Live sets Arkus P is wicked!! OBI, Ocram,Seema, Frank Kvitta, Linda Pearl..... I could go on forever. The Schranz total cd compilations are wicked I would highly reccoment them.
    As for sets check out - www.combat-skill.org www.unitedsb.de www.hardtechno.be www.givewayrecords.com

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MOGZ-E View Post
    the bootlegs such as... schranz slippy - voodoo people - star 69 & la cambia, i just cant stop caining them every time i play out, thay all got a phat as feck base line.

i love the stuff
    are you serious? thats prolly the worst shit called music i ever heard. a shame they call it techno. its as stupid as all the scooter stuff. i really cant believe that there are people liking this more than poor produced crap. and even worse: djs like rush etc. playing it regularly.
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

Ultimate Freak

Schranz is what happens when those people on too many drugs who come up to you when you're playing and shout "harder, faster" discover fruity loops & compressor plug ins...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crime View Post
    Schranz is what happens when those people on too many drugs who come up to you when you're playing and shout "harder, faster" discover fruity loops & compressor plug ins...
    wot rubbish
    shranz is brilliant
    i was listening and buying it 3 years ago and still do and i dont need validation from people on boa to tell me wether its good or not

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    wot rubbish
    shranz is brilliant
    i was listening and buying it 3 years ago and still do and i dont need validation from people on boa to tell me wether its good or not
    Good for you mate ;)
    I would hope that people don't live their lives by the opinions of other people on message boreds (sic)

I still can't tell the difference between all the records though, I was under the impression that most schranz djs only had 2 records, which they mixed continuously all night....

Banned

some of it is good
    some of it is absolute garbage
    just like techno

Supreme Freak

I was under the impression that most schranz djs only had 2 records, which they mixed continuously all night....
    u mean they let a loop play and act like they spin records?!
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

BOA Lifetime Member

I dunno, I listen to the odd thing these days, but nothing i'd think of buying. I wouldn't rule out playing it on the right night, but I'd just go back to the first records from Amok and a few others...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by fac View Post
    and even worse: djs like rush etc. playing it regularly.
    Yeah, Rush has become a disappointment over the last few years, DJ wise. A man of his age and background could surely be digging deeper, than instead of playing 2 hours of the same loop.

He played a disco set the night before his techno set in Dublin about a month ago, and the disco set was far superior - he really worked the crowd and had a great time himself; wheras the next night he just stayed at 150+ bpm with no progression, and lacked any kind of stage presence like he used to have.

I think Rush is one of techno's real characters, but it's a pity he is stuck in this mould now. He is an icon to younger people coming through so it would be good for him to open their minds a little... or even a smidgen.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by fac View Post
    u mean they let a loop play and act like they spin records?!
    I mean, I can't tell the difference between one distorted noise on the off beat with a banging kickdrum under loads of compression with another... that leads me to suspect that only 2 schranz tracks really exists.. it's only the labels on the records which are different :P

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    wot rubbish
    shranz is brilliant
    are you one of those people who takes too many drugs and shouts "harder faster?" at djs that are playing "sh it" because it's not "pumpin"

Try listening to it when you're straight mate... :P

Banned

are you one of those people who takes too many drugs and shouts "harder faster?" at djs that are playing "sh it" because it's not "pumpin"

Try listening to it when you're straight mate... :P

go **** yourself

Junior Freak

Agreed. However I am starting to get sick of the dark techno/schranz that I've been buying. Its starting to sound all very simmilar and depressing. I hope I'm wrong though, I hope it gets better. Less distortion would be good as would more variation in the tracks however the extreme compression is what I like about it.

Ultimate Freak

The best shranz for me was the form,construct rythm stuff.Hard as f**k but still retaining a bit of intelligence.
    Majority of the stuff i hear these days is just mindless bang bang all sounding the same......just my opininion though

Banned

there a few gems amongst the dross from time to time i donmt know all the labels are who orignated it.
    i just like stuff by Robert Natus Mayhem Man Anreas Kremer Sven Wittekind Viper XL etc hardly shite is it?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast