Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Default Jeff Mills - Live At The Liquid Room - Tokyo... to be remembered 4 ever

Techno 4 EvER!

Junior Freak

That is a delicious mix. The slightly dodgy mixing doesn't detur from the enjoyment at all.

I'm still trying to get some tracks I really like from this mix such as "Changes of life" as well as Advent "Bad Boy". I spoke to Advent on myspace to ask about this track. Unfortunatly he states he has no plans of repressing this in the near future which makes me sad. Both above mentioned tracks are great in that they have a real energetic 1992 vibe to them.

On the bright side, Jeff Mills repressed "Suspense" which I am extremely happy about. I was after that ever since I heard it for the first time in this mix. Unfortunatly its not a very dynamic track, the energy level drops off almost immediatly which is probably why he mixed out of it so fast. I rather wish the track which he followed it up with in this mix was part of Suspense.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by 1992 View Post
    That is a delicious mix. The slightly dodgy mixing doesn't detur from the enjoyment at all.

I'm still trying to get some tracks I really like from this mix such as "Changes of life" as well as Advent "Bad Boy".
    there u go:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=17518
    http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=10706
    u could get that advent lp much cheaper at ebay tho.
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by fac View Post
    there u go:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=17518
    http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=10706
    u could get that advent lp much cheaper at ebay tho.

Krikey! I think its all those good reviews. Maybe I should refrain from saying good things about the 12"s there, it just drives the price up to rediculous.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post

Yeah thats the release I want. Too expensive and I need a US seller as I don't have paypal.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    have this one. soooooooooo timeless and everytime again a real pleasure to listen to.

and the cd: gosh i love it!!! was one of my first "real techno" cds.

Prince Of Warthogs

brilliant mix
    the cut to the piano of changes of life is just hilarious
    it's so out but it's so in at the same time

just pure energy all the way
    love your mum

It is inevitable.

i saw mills in 'ten' in waterford a couple of years back, savage night but the DJ box was so high up i couldnt trouble him for an autograph... blast!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Supreme Freak

fanboy :briggin:
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

Ultimate Freak

dj skull 187 skillz is amazing, drifts out of time at the start hense the poor (but oh so good :) ) mixing with bad boy!!

i have every tune off this mix and they will be the only records i will keep if i sell my collection!

Ultimate Freak

i must be the only person that thought this mix was overrated.
    Some good moments but all in all i've heard much much better

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MangaFish View Post
    Probably are.
    Last edited by sisherlock; 31-01-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MangaFish View Post
    Some good moments but all in all i've heard much much better

only going by memory of hearing it years ago. tunes were good but mixing was aweful. Remember we turned it off about half way through cos the mixing was so bad. could be drug induced memories though

Ultimate Freak

No, the mixing really is that bad.

I'm by no means anal about mixing. I couldn't care less if theres a few sloppy mixes, but then it sounds like the whole set has been randomly thrown together and not even beatmatched at that - i have to wonder what the appeal is.

Sorry guys - just my personal opinion

Junior Freak

That mix was certainly not intended to be perfectly beatmatched, its a snapshot of a live fireworks at a techno party that was off the hook.
    Many people - especially newcomer djs - failed to understand what the term "energy" in there consists of. Later on they started chasing these tracks down cause they finally understood the content. The fact that Mills can charge 5 digit number dj fees and gets a full house in 95% of his shows in the real world proves online talk wrong any time. But yeah "that guy can't mix" etc blah blah...go on.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by t-dj View Post
    That mix was certainly not intended to be perfectly beatmatched, its a snapshot of a live fireworks at a techno party that was off the hook.
    Many people - especially newcomer djs - failed to understand what the term "energy" in there consists of. Later on they started chasing these tracks down cause they finally understood the content. The fact that Mills can charge 5 digit number dj fees and gets a full house in 95% of his shows in the real world proves online talk wrong any time. But yeah "that guy can't mix" etc blah blah...go on.
    I understand all that (always have done) - i just don't think that mix is all that.

i've heard of plenty of off the hook sets with heaps of energy without resorting high bpms. sets with bag loads of energy, progression and quality tracks and better beatmatched. Granted beatmatching isn't everything, but this particular set just doesn't tick enough boxes to make up for it short comings.

I'm by no means calling Jeff a crap DJ. He clearly isn't. I just think this mix is massively over-rated.

Ultimate Freak

personally, i used to loooooove this mix when i had it ages ago. but i lost it about 7 years ago. Back then i knew the mixing was rough but it still got me jacking every time. I'd love to hear it again to see how it stands up (hopefully it's better than his exhibitionist...) but can't find the sucker anywhere. blast...

Ultimate Freak

I remember hearing this years back...i think it was one of them sets you had to be there, to appreciate fully,but yeah the mixing was f*cking terrible. If you listen to the dvd he brought out where hes mixing in the shop window,the mixings pretty similar.
    I love his style,concept and ideas..playing snippets of god knows how many trks in a set,but personally for me it needs to be tight.

BOA Newbie

Peeps seem to be 'too' technically correct about Mixing.. Techno's about 'not giving a F^%k' and going full force. So what if parts are out? The whole mood and feel of that mix totally overpowered any technicalities in the mixing, infact it even aded to it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast