Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default dirty bass 007 - a1 rock the show

dirty bass 007 - a1 rock the show .... really loving this tune ! chris lib dropped it the other week.... and it was one of those what the hell is that moments! just down loaded it today off dirtybass's download site and gave it a spin... and ended up not mixing inito it and letting the funky yet dark track play to the end... class track!

BOA Newbie

agreed!!! rock the show isss naaasssty

Supreme Freak

maybe i'm not british enough to understand this tune :whoops:
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

BOA Lifetime Member

you dont have to be, you either like it or you dont. Simple really.

quality track indeed, the whole ep was superb

Junior Freak

wasnt into this track im afraid,found it a bit too much on the marco bailey tip and the vocal did my tree in.

love some of dirty bass's stuff usually neon rain on fire etc.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by retox View Post
    found it a bit too much on the marco bailey tip
    exactly my first thought
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

the big pork pie

I thought it was easier on the ears than other DB releases if that makes sense. Something for everyone, a great change of direction for Steve and IMO the best Dirty Bass release to date. The whole EP is spot on.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    I thought it was easier on the ears than other DB releases if that makes sense. Something for everyone, a great change of direction for Steve and IMO the best Dirty Bass release to date. The whole EP is spot on.
    No change of direction on this release at all. I been doing bassline based cheese on my A-Sides since day dot.
    Just a 4 track ep with something for everyone.
    Bit of cheese
    Bit of banging
    Something to make you think
    and something a bit dark.

One last release coming up though, and then Dirty Bass is history.

thanks for the support though guys.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    One last release coming up though, and then Dirty Bass is history.
    Why?

BOA Lifetime Member

Time to move on.
    Been making what I would call mainstream techno or "techno techno", for years now. My music history has been one of change and yet I seem to have got stuck on this type of music for too long now.
    There`s little room left for progression in this music, and my feet itch for something challenging.

The label will still be around but it will be a vehicle for new talent.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

the big pork pie

Thats a cool idea. Fair play, and good luck with what ever you move on to next.

Ultimate Freak

There`s little room left for progression in this music, and my feet itch for something challenging.
    Good man
    Awakening Sasha

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Time to move on.
    Been making what I would call mainstream techno or "techno techno", for years now. My music history has been one of change and yet I seem to have got stuck on this type of music for too long now.

well good luck with it, i've always been a fan of the label, like you say, there's something for everyone, it's also great you're keeping the label going for new talent.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

Time to move on.

I feel you. What kind of musical progression are you thinking of if i may ask. If it's top secret - pm :)

Ever thought of offering mastering services for cash? I know some bigger-name german producers/djs (andreas kauffelt/rob acid..) have started this a year or two ago and it seems to work out nicely for them.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by loopdon View Post
    I feel you. What kind of musical progression are you thinking of if i may ask. If it's top secret - pm :)

Ever thought of offering mastering services for cash? I know some bigger-name german producers/djs (andreas kauffelt/rob acid..) have started this a year or two ago and it seems to work out nicely for them.
    Once the sound treatment is finished in the new studio I will be advertising and opening for professional mastering and engineering.
    As for musical progression, well, new label on the way (very hush hush), continued work on Singularity (which is a work of love, and will be released as and when), and just a general cutting loose from the confines of techno.
    I really want to move "out of the house and into the field" as UR put it.
    Diversification of electronic music that still fits into an area where it can be listened and partied too. LEss focus on techno, more focus on music.
    Well, in my eyes, I`ll still be doing techno, but techno in theory, as opposed to the boom-tish that has become associated with techno.

Hard to explain, but what most people call techno these days is as far from "technological" or "futuristic" music as it can be, to me.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Ultimate Freak

Once the sound treatment is finished in the new studio I will be advertising and opening for professional mastering and engineering.
    As for musical progression, well, new label on the way (very hush hush), continued work on Singularity (which is a work of love, and will be released as and when), and just a general cutting loose from the confines of techno.
    I really want to move "out of the house and into the field" as UR put it.
    Diversification of electronic music that still fits into an area where it can be listened and partied too. LEss focus on techno, more focus on music.
    Well, in my eyes, I`ll still be doing techno, but techno in theory, as opposed to the boom-tish that has become associated with techno.

Hard to explain, but what most people call techno these days is as far from "technological" or "futuristic" music as it can be, to me.
    hope it all works out for you DB :icon14:

BOA Lifetime Member

thanks for the explanation. atm my interest for techno has been re-fueled in a way. not by the already pretty formulistic (?) minimal with 808 toms and glitchiness for the sake of it. and i would really really love an evening which could be ruffly labeled 'techno' , or at least dance-able presenting a diverse and fresh range of music. i mean a hard track followed by a minimal track inbetween, then some acid, tech-house, neo-trance or whatever. a good and vital mix i'd say. or bastards between the genres, whatever. just not: it's schranz time or acid-time o minimal etc. and nothing else until it has been trodden to death and it's full-on-schranz again after years of minimal for example. hybrids!

atm i am quite into the stuff by guy gerber, extrawelt, dominik eulberg etc. the more melodic väthy-stuff. i think it is more organic in a way. but not ONLY that kinda stuff. i have come to the conclusion that this kind of sound is nothing new at all. it reminds me of trance before it became tiesto-dized, say 1992-96 or so.

whenever i hear a bland 909 hihat etc. nowadays i kinda sickens me.

what i really want to say is: i understand your reasoning and wish you the best in your endeavors! :)

Ultimate Freak

Time to move on.

Sad to hear it but good luck in future anyway, it's good the label is keeping going for new talent though!

Not sure what number it is but i have a white label db rec and i love the 2 track's on the b-side i think, been playing them loads lately. One has that underground tube noise through it and the other one is a lot deeper and has some speaking in it?? Wicked stuff!
    FiLtH iNfAtUaTeD - BaCk SoOn!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by PARANOIA View Post
    Sad to hear it but good luck in future anyway, it's good the label is keeping going for new talent though!

Not sure what number it is but i have a white label db rec and i love the 2 track's on the b-side i think, been playing them loads lately. One has that underground tube noise through it and the other one is a lot deeper and has some speaking in it?? Wicked stuff!
    A white label of DB007

I`d like to know what was written on it, or did it have a stamp, as I released very few white labels bar to a few friends.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Ultimate Freak

A white label of DB007

I`d like to know what was written on it, or did it have a stamp, as I released very few white labels bar to a few friends.
    I'm not at home now haven't got it to hand, but it's all hand written on there in blue thin felt tip, i think it's just the track names's but i can't think what there called, i know my fav is that terror on the underground! Didn't realise it was number 7, absolutely loving it. Pissed off i didn't play it new year now! (it was more of an acid set!)
    FiLtH iNfAtUaTeD - BaCk SoOn!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast