Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: adam beyer

Banned

Default adam beyer

why do some people hate/disrespect adam beyer?

BOA Lifetime Member

come on the other threads explain enough mate. People just dont like the fact he plays minimal after more than ten years of playing practically the same music and not much else.

It's techno you see, it is actually illegal to like/make/play/take a tiny interest in any other styles of techno, or music at all for that matter, other than the style that a bunch of over zealous and narrow minded fanboys know and obsess over you for

Supreme Freak

i do not hate him neither do i disrespect him. but:

Quote Originally Posted by fac
    i used to like him 2-3 years ago but i was quite new to electronic music at that time and mostly into loop- and tool-techno. the problem imo isnt that he plays minimal but rather he ONLY plays minimal. i saw him in april or so. 3 hours. completely boring. i heard his essential mix. the same... there are no ups and downs. always the same level. this is want i dont like. i like djs who play diversified sets. different kinds of techno (or electronic music in general). smoother tracks, bangers, slower tracks, faster tracks etc.
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

BOA Mod

people shouldnt hate anyone, its just music for gods sake.

and i dont think adam deserves to be disrespected.
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by conflict View Post
    why do some people hate/disrespect adam beyer?
    Good question,i guess they do so coz he isn`t the `old `beyer any longer in their opinion and see his change of style as kind of betrayal.Otherwise if you take the awakenings set from oct 2006 for example it`s not minimal one bit if i remember correctly.Personally i think a dj should play whatever he wants to ,nobody gets forced to listen if it`s disliked
    POLITICALLY INCORRECT AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

BOA Lifetime Member

joking aside, people dont like to let go of the past. People are scared of change, but furthermost, people take their artists for granted. Beyer doesnt owe anyone anything in terms of his musical output. He does have a certain obligation to his fans of course, as do all artists at that and any other level for that matter, but furthermost, he has an obligation to himself to play/make/perform whatever he feels is best for himself.

He's been doing the drumcode/loop techno thing for about 10, 11 years now. I defy absolutely anyone as a person to not want to reach out and try different things after 10 years of, whilst being of the highest quality, pretty much the same sound.

Junior Freak

[QUOTE=eyeswithoutaface;487672] people dont like to let go of the past. People are scared of changeQUOTE]

very true, it's funny cuz fans get all bent out of shape when "their" favorite artists change styles. On the other hand people get bent out of shape when the artists don't change styles. ****... it seems like no matter what an arist does people will find cause to talk smack, especially if they are somewhat successful at what they do.

I wouldn't say Beyer hasn't changed at all over the years though. It seems that he's gone through quite a few phases. Yeah, ok it's all techno and very percussion based but when you look at releases I would say the early drumcodes stuff is not really much like what he puts out now on other labels. Drumcodes is... well.. drumcodes the label focuses on a certain sound, but the recent stuff like that one on on tresor, or that plus 8 release or toratoratora or traum or any number of remixes I've heard from him is in a different vein. At least as a producer he's done a decent job staying fresh at least in my opinion....... for what it's worth

BOA Lifetime Member

beyer was great when i seen him at club4 not so long ago.

started off minimal for about an hour and half then started playing some lovely rolling driving bassline pounders to end the night.

just what i wanted really...anyone that says he is just playing pure minimal now is seriously mistaken.

he aint wrapped it in altogether.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit View Post
    anyone that says he is just playing pure minimal now is seriously mistaken
    sometimes he does

Prince Of Warthogs

adam beyer is stil the king if you ask me
    he's extremely flexible
    like a stretch armstrong or the guy from fantastic four
    only in a more musical kind of way
    love your mum

Ultimate Freak

Agreed

Supreme Freak

I used to be a big fan of Beyer, loved the Drumcodes poundy stuff.
    went through a big phase of swedish techno (hardcell, grindvik, mull etc) but ive drifted away from it.
    I listen to a lot of electro etc these days. Still love techno mind you.
    My point is, if you listen to/play the one style of music its possible to become boring/predictable.
    Just cause beyer was a techno god that all the slapheads got wet over doesn't mean he has no right to diversify

BOA Lifetime Member

beyer is still dope, although he has gone a bit more minimal compared to his older tracks, i still dig his sound, very funky stuff

but you gotta accept change (even if you dont like where its going)

Ultimate Freak

It seems like Adam can't get a break from the critics. The fact is you can't please everybody. In Adam's case, he was doing the same thing for quite a while and people gave him crap for that. He went the direction of Truesoul and people said it was too soft. He did some great tracks with Henrik and people thought some of it was too trancey. He started Mad Eye and went a little more minimal and people sh*t bricks again. The moral of the story is people will always complain (especially on the internet).

I don't really see why people think his new stuff is so soft or "minimal." The Traum remix sounds like something straight out of the Code Red era and the majority of the Mad Eye catalog is hard as nails, just about 10 bpm less than normal.

Junior Freak

I`m not really into his style at the moment, but he is defo one of the best DJs with real skills, and what I heard from different promoters he is a totally easy guy, always friendly and chilled.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Zahn View Post
    It seems like Adam can't get a break from the critics. The fact is you can't please everybody. In Adam's case, he was doing the same thing for quite a while and people gave him crap for that. He went the direction of Truesoul and people said it was too soft. He did some great tracks with Henrik and people thought some of it was too trancey. He started Mad Eye and went a little more minimal and people sh*t bricks again. The moral of the story is people will always complain (especially on the internet).

I don't really see why people think his new stuff is so soft or "minimal." The Traum remix sounds like something straight out of the Code Red era and the majority of the Mad Eye catalog is hard as nails, just about 10 bpm less than normal.
    word...
    Numeric

Ultimate Freak

cos people still live in 1998! Change is hard for a lot of people to cope with musically i think. Thre sound progresses people's ideas progress. Hell think what would happen if it didn't we'd all be in clubs listening to piano house and stuff. Let the haters hate and everyone else will just get on with it and have fun. I feel sorry for all them people stuck in the past

BOA Lifetime Member

like i say, one of the main things that is pushed down people's throats in techno is nostalgia, "It was amazing back in my day"..." oh remember when such and such was still amazing"... out of the scenes im involved in, the majority of techno fans are definately the worst at times for having this strange fixation with clutching onto the past desperately and then getting all shitty and bitter when one of their fave artists refuses to get left behind in 1998 like u say Joe lad
    Last edited by eyeswithoutaface; 16-01-2007 at 09:47 AM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Consistently outstanding producer.

Only heard him dj once and didn't rate him, he was a bit flat and I had high hopes.

Hating him is foolishness.

Supreme Freak

nowadays its forbidden to have another opinion than the masses. if you say you dont like anything (especially on the internet) you better hide. or they will punish you bad. adam beyer is god. all he did/does/will do is perfect. the other guys who now do this cool new music are also godlike. especially those of them who used to do loop-/tool-techno. i admire their creativity. everytime i listen to their music i could cream. IT IS SO AWESOME!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast