Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electro house?

Deceptacon

Default electro house?

what do you think of it?

personally i'm lovin sebastien leger & (of course) cirez d.. its become a little flooded (as every hyped genre does) and that bloody "hands up for detroit" tune makes me sweat with anger but some of it can add an element of funk at the begining of a techno set.

any thoughts?

Ultimate Freak

i love it! some really good stuff out there. shamless plug but you'll probably like my mix in the filez section cos i've got a few bits on there by mr leger. He's really on form at the minute.

BOA Lifetime Member

most of the stuff i hear in that genre im not too fond of, though i'm not too familiar with many producers of that genre. leger is a dope producer......but i think i would say his tracks sound more techy nowadays, compared to his disco house tunes years back

Deceptacon

definitly. i think thats y i like his stuff.. same as prydz.. he's on a much techier tip than the rest of the genre..

leger rmxs are amazing too

BOA Lifetime Member

I like a lot of what I've heard, don't really know who to listen out for or anything though... I've got few of the mouseville releases but on the whole I prefer to listen to other people playing it rather than mixing it myself.
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

Ultimate Freak

yeah his old stuff is hite but his new stuff is really good. check academy records. thats a reallt tuff electro house label and has some nice stuff on it.

Administrator

i love it, but as with anything there's line of cheesy vs good. leger for sure rocks.

Ultimate Freak

don't know whether you'd call it electro house but james zabelia stuff is awsum the tacks on renessaince are great so is his mix of the new sasha tune. One of my fav tune of the year already!

It is inevitable.

DK7 have some good electro house out there, but on the whole not really into the genre.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

it's odd how things are getting lumped in the electro-house category at the moment. seems like anything that has a techy beat and more emphasis on tweaked synth bass-lines and leads is being called electro-house by the shops. I suppose the seller has to choose a category to put stuff under for better or worse but it can lead to some confusion.

for example I really like some of the stuff in the electro-house category on juno such as leger or some of the pickadoll tunes and a few tunes from kompakt extra germany. on the other hand most of prydz (not his cirez d stuff) stuff, hoxton whores, that ****ing cicada tune and of some of the popish sounding stuff seems to be a world away from the stuff I like.

I guess the lesson is don't get too caught up on genre names. does it fit with your set, does it make you move your body. ok then....

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by da-prowler View Post
    DK7 have some good electro house out there, but on the whole not really into the genre.
    last time i saw them they played mostly acid house. but this is more than one year ago.
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

BOA Lifetime Member

my friend Chris Lake produces a lot of electro house, he's done a few collabs with Sebastian Leger too, some of it i like some i don't...

think the sound has been battered to death over the past couple of years...
    Numeric

Ultimate Freak

yeah the sound has been battered. ledgers new stuff i would say is much harder and techy. the realease on pickadoll is immense. 2 of my fav tunes at the minute on it!

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

i just like good music, no matter what genre it comes under, after hearing relentless hard techno for so long, i've gone looking for more melodic music that's got some groove to it to.

Plus it goes well with tech house
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Ultimate Freak

i like mixing up minimal and electro i think they go really well together

Complete Scouse Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    indeed. with a nice bit of acid house too

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    Yeah, it's nice to bring some of the electroish stuff in to liven things up a bit.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    what do you think of it?

personally i'm lovin sebastien leger & (of course) cirez d.. its become a little flooded (as every hyped genre does) and that bloody "hands up for detroit" tune makes me sweat with anger but some of it can add an element of funk at the begining of a techno set.

any thoughts?
    i am quite into it. can't talk about a set context because i rarely dj and if so to me or friends at the most. must check leger! i wouldn't say limit it to the beginning of a set, same as with minimal. i think it would be grand if more djs took up the task and mixed it all up. not like: "uh, oh, no i have got to get into the full-on phase etc. etc. i truely hate the ''play minimal for the first 1/2 hour or so''. with minimal i mean the 'minimal style' , not necessarily more sparse, stripped down pieces, which i would understand. drunk waffle, i know but i like tunes with a firm 2 and 4 basis (snares in particular).
    not to keen on some of the sawy short note basslines but i guess every style has it's clichees. mix it all up, i say :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man View Post
    i just like good music, no matter what genre it comes under, after hearing relentless hard techno for so long, i've gone looking for more melodic music that's got some groove to it to.

Plus it goes well with tech house
    that's the way, mate, imo. i dare say hits need either melodies and/or vocals. isn't it strange that whenever the question ''what would you want to be played at your funeral?'' rarely gets answered with techno-, house- or dance-tracks in general? to me that say it all. still there's a place for disharmonic/non-melodic stuff in my heart.

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by fac View Post
    last time i saw them they played mostly acid house. but this is more than one year ago.
    yeah, your right there. the white shadow 12" is a savage example of that.

i have a record by em called 'wheres the fun' very electro housey. good track. im very partial to a bit of electro when im sick of blisteringly fast beats.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast