Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Newbie

Default >>> A new Track...

Supreme Freak

First off, totally not my sort of music.

For me, its way to random. No apparant builds or drops, or even structure. Maybe its supposed to be like that, I don't know! I guess its IDM so whatever!!

Some of the synth/percussion parts over the top seem to be a little out of time, again, maybe thats deliberate. I think the kick sounds pretty flat too. I would try and give it a bit more bite.

The track is reasonably loud, and the various elements seem well spaced. But for me, its just too wierd and (sorry!) a bit pretenious.

Feel free to call me a cunt!

BOA Lifetime Member

The link seems to be broken... :whoops:
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

BOA Lifetime Member

I liked this myself, though the style's definitely a matter of taste. I don't see that a tune necessarily needs to have 'builds and drops' if the style doesn't call for it, this still kept me engaged and interested without a traditional structure.

Production seems very smooth to me, there are lots of very interesting and well-worked sounds going on in there... a track like this doesn't want the kicks to be overpowering, I thought that they sit with the feel of the tune very neatly the way they are. I thought the stereo field was particularly nicely worked as well.

Having said all that I agree you could get more out of the track (without compromising the feel of it) by tweaking the layout somewhat - personally I'd like a break from the kickdrum at some point. The brief outro without any kicks was one of the most interesting sections of the tune and I was a bit disappointed when it finished instead of coming back in, I reckon there's potential there.

All in all nice work - not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but that's IDM for you ain't it! :)
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

BOA Newbie

Default >>> A new Track...

Thank for the comments Lads. Yeah I agree the structure does need a lot of work but this was a tune that I did a good while back now and never really got around to finishing it up. thats why I put it up on here to see if I should get it finished.I think I should now .the link will be here for a while if anybody else wants to check it. I will post up the new version when get it done.

Ta

http://www.mediafire.com/?ezcyijmmyjg

BOA Lifetime Member

ned its like a habbit with me and your tracks but cant get link to work mate.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by judas_beast View Post
    First off, totally not my sort of music.

For me, its way to random. No apparant builds or drops, or even structure. Maybe its supposed to be like that, I don't know! I guess its IDM so whatever!!

Some of the synth/percussion parts over the top seem to be a little out of time, again, maybe thats deliberate. I think the kick sounds pretty flat too. I would try and give it a bit more bite.

The track is reasonably loud, and the various elements seem well spaced. But for me, its just too wierd and (sorry!) a bit pretenious.

Feel free to call me a cunt!
    god forbid that techno be weird eh? and out of time synths, whatever will these crazy kids do with techno next.

BOA Lifetime Member

sounds wicked this Ned, the perks sound nice and tight here, will check at home to get the full effect, I thought the way it builds was pretty cool myself and the sounds used and rythms are very cool.
    I like it alot, very individual.