Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    the big pork pie

Yea, same here. Like I said, i'm not saying the new releases are shit.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    im really liking acid techno at the moment latest suf and powertools and wahwah are great.

nobody says they are bad...it's acid techno but it doesn't have that old soul...i believe it is possible to create a track that will have it...maby we just have to wait a little more....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 113 View Post
    nobody says they are bad...it's acid techno but it doesn't have that old soul...i believe it is possible to create a track that will have it...maby we just have to wait a little more....
    if its down to anything i think its because tracks are just written on shite music programs instead of on 909 and 303.

BOA Lifetime Member

Well,i think there´s some kind of stagnation atm,don´t wanna take anything away from the latest releases,all good 4 sure,but few who knock me offa my feet.I hope that Skankadelic goes on releasing stuff,imo they represent Acid Techno as it should be,same goes for Mobile Dogwash when it comes to artists.Let´s hope for some really awesome productions in the very near future
    POLITICALLY INCORRECT AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    if its down to anything i think its because tracks are just written on shite music programs instead of on 909 and 303.
    I don't agree with that. Computers can allow you to be much more creative IMO.

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by acidguru View Post
    Well,i think there´s some kind of stagnation atm,don´t wanna take anything away from the latest releases,all good 4 sure,but few who knock me offa my feet.I hope that Skankadelic goes on releasing stuff,imo they represent Acid Techno as it should be,same goes for Mobile Dogwash when it comes to artists.Let´s hope for some really awesome productions in the very near future
    See Skankadelic was a real let down for me. Bar the DDR release towards the end of the label, they were all way too samey. It promised that old skool sound, but I felt a bit like it was Geezer after Geezer release during his quite naff tune period.

His productions lately have been quality mind you. The new 4X4 he's done with Julian Lib's shit hot, and so is the latest RAW. So maybe we'll be getting some quality acid from him soon.

Mobile Dogwash IMO pulled off one of the more amazing recent releases. Their remix of Hash Fudge was fu*king awesome. Real head fu*k breakdown, and when the 303 drops...Wooo! :) That was more like it.

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by 113 View Post
    it's acid techno but it doesn't have that old soul...
    In it's most simple form, thats what i'm saying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    See Skankadelic was a real let down for me. Bar the DDR release towards the end of the label, they were all way too samey. It promised that old skool sound, but I felt a bit like it was Geezer after Geezer release during his quite naff tune period.
    ????

BOA Lifetime Member

This is how it should be done: http://www.simonhazelgrove.com/darkl....aspx?fileid=2 http://files.filefront.com//;6803238;;/ Left-click both for some Acid Culture
    POLITICALLY INCORRECT AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Junior Freak

His productions lately have been quality mind you. The new 4X4 he's done with Julian Lib's shit hot, and so is the latest RAW. So maybe we'll be getting some quality acid from him soon.

I never really "got" 4x4 stuff. I don't think there's been a single tune on that label that I have even slightly liked, apart from the Funky Town remix. It all seems far too much like a mechanical loop, no real "tune" as such. Same with Pounding Grooves (although I admit I have only heard about 10 records off that label.
    Its all about the ointment......

Junior Freak

I don't even think it's so much about the 303 use. It's the tracks lack of atmosphere.

yeah i here ya si, i guess it had alot more trancey elements in which definetly brought alot of the atmosphere to it. sounds stupid but i think the poorer production may have alot to do with the magic of the old stuff, pretty ruff around the edges and less polished.

Junior Freak

Default .......

love the turn around cluster and max min have had tthe tunes they have been putting out have propa got me going again

was neva really a fan of maxmin but the last 6 or so have got it going on

Junior Freak

Default ...

i agree acid techno is getting a bit stale...the way forward is to find new ways of integrating the 303....and pushing the sound forward...although acid techno is not all about 303's...to me its a hypnotic/trancey/high tech/aggressive/in yer face sound...ive always loved acid music and will always use my tb303 and ABL 2.0 in my tracks...i think its time for the new wave of acid techno (pardon the pun) producers to step up to the controls and have their input....mutuate to survive (to coin a phraze (henrys right!))

by the way...check my stuff here...bump...

www.myspace.com/paulcortex
    Do what thou will...if you know what i mean?

Ultimate Freak

Acid Techno never die Si because still a lot heads lovin it.
    Acid Techno its not only sub genre of techno music, its a massive subculture. Thats why it will be exist in our minds.
    But i must agreed, acid techno lost somewhere their old school atmosphere, but there is second side of medal - we are going (i mean producers) somewhere where we never been before. Its a normal evolution. It makes this music still creative, its not boring and its a door for next generations.

Quote Originally Posted by paulcortex View Post
    i think its time for the new wave of acid techno (pardon the pun) producers to step up to the controls and have their input....mutuate to survive (to coin a phraze (henrys right!))
    Couldnt say better than paul here. Thats a way!!!!

the big pork pie

Oh, I agree with the mutate and evolve to survive thing. Please don't get me wrong. But during a time when sales are low, why not turn to how the sound was in its peak? Like everyone keeps banging on about in thye techno forum with the minimal issue.

Junior Freak

that hads it's time and place......a good place admittedly, but you can't recreate spontaneous events..........we're all getting older - how many young kids in techno will remember and spout on about current tunes which in their minds will be seminal and crucial? Si mutate into the future and produce the sound which you obviously think is missing from the scene, and bring on the new wave!

BOA Lifetime Member

I see ot like this.
    And don`t all you acid heads jump on me, Acid is my roots in temrs of techno.
    It got me into techno, it got me into squat parties, and in fact I ended up putting on very large illegal acid techno raves myself in london because of it, as one of the soundsystems in United Systems (ahhh the good old days).
    So I don`t hate it.

All good music is born out of passion and a wave of energy and emotion.
    The early years of acid techno, all the guys were riding their wave, it was fresh, it was it`s own sound, and they were the kings of it.

Now 10 years down the road, do you really expect them to be able to make the same music with the same passion?
    They gotta move on, if they had that creative and original spark in the first place then they will naturally move on and explore.

I think Henry`s new stuff is great, it`s not acid techno, but it`s great, and it`s his thing, and still spawns many imitators.
    Same with Julian etc.

However, the acid labels have a legacy and need to stay within that niche in this market, so the acid releases especially on SUF seemed to get more and more derivative, and lacking passion, bar the odd cheeky comedy tune.

In a way, it looks to me, to keep sales up, elements of hard house and hard dance started getting absorbed.
    So it was no longer it`s own thing. It wasn`t acid techno, it was a little brother of hard dance.

I think acid techno at it`s best was pretty stripped down music, with or without 303`s it tended to be reasonably minimal, but still very hard.

I don`t think Acid techno is dead, I think the creators have moved on, and find it difficult to inject passion into it when they do do it.
    However, money and status probably comes into it too, people need to pay the rent etc.

I think some new bloody is needed.
    At the mo, the only fresh talent I see on the labels is made by people who are mimicking their heroes anyway, so it still sounds derivative and hard dancey Maybe again this is a play safe option, I don`t know.

There`s got to be some messed up, twisted and disturbing producers out there making fresh acid techno.
    The music used to be so disturbing at times, frenetic without being cheesy or predictable, it was a head**** unto itself without the aid of drugs.
    Early route releases were just evil. Mushrooms on daleks etc, there was a definite psychadelic edge too, which seems to have vanished.
    There was also a stark emotional beauty sometimes, look at Ice, by Carbine.
    Cluster had it`s own, really messed up version of techno, which now seems to have blended in with the harder end of techno in general.
    It no longer stands apart.

There must be a talent pool out there.
    Dammit, they should be sending their stuff to SUF HQ.

the only person I`ve encountered on my travels who comes close to capturing the old spirit of acid techno, without being a rip off artist, is Paul Cortex.

I know the guy, and you pretty much can`t find anyone more into the spirit of that music than him.
    If you see his name on a roster, and you like acid techno I seriously suggest you go see his live Pa.

Acid isn`t dead, it`s resting for a bit, waiting for the next generation of kids to get sicked with the emo fed clubscene, and the tightening laws against fun.

I`m sure their will be a new generation of free partis some time within the next few years to fual it.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Deceptacon

@ dirtybass

im sorry but thats toss.

there are plenty of producers new & old doing the acid thing and doing it very well. the "oldschool" producers might not be as inventive as they were at one stage but they still come up with some classics now and again..

just look at route 59, suf 87, suf 84, suf 82 (to name but a few) & tunes like DTD's "hotwire" on infectious clearly show that acid CAN cross over into differant genres and still be outstanding.

to say that theres only 1 (new) producer doing it well is a serious insult to the likes of dogwash, KN, rhythm logistics, AP, myself or anyone else that is doing their thing (im not taking anything away from paul - he does it very well & is definitly up there).

but as with everything else the public vote with their feet and they're still voting acid..

Banned

I got into acid techno fully about 3/4 years ago, and that was from an old, old stay up forever mix, dunno what it was....

Iv been producing it for about 3 years now, and i base all my tracks upon the old style acid techno with elements of new production from new technology, a natural thing to happen in any style of music.

Now...my gripe is this.....this day in age everyone seems to be banging out tracks, some ****in wicked, and some totally shite.
    Its so damm hard to get any where these days, theres ALWAYS someone telling you that your track;

a - needs more compression
    b - more bass
    c - less bass
    d - mopre high end
    e - less high end
    f - more percussion
    g - more variation
    h - more girly vocals

the list goes on and ****ing on!
    Theres too many people making too many tracks and too many people going on music courses like the one im on and turning anal about the whole music production thing.

I get a track down and if it sounds phat il keep making it, but i wont go and be anal about what should go where, wether to double up a kick at 5.23 mins or wether to make the bass 2db lower

I think this is what stops creativity in any music style.

Also, on another note, you have to remember that back in the day, theres wasnt logic pro or cubase xs blah blah blah...just a basic midi sequencer on a pc (if u were lucky) and hardware, which was hard to program in, (despite what folk say!) nowadays you can bash up a really professional sounding loop in literally minuits - no wonder things have gone wayyy to repetative!!

In short, after goin off on one - To make things sound as if they have progressed more - lets not try and stop creativity with knowledge ;)

Junior Freak

i think vogelspeed maybe more what your after i love the acid on these tunes but i dont feel its pushing things forward and i need kicks. SUF i feel is top at the minute as said wahwah and even manxrippers had some nice acid more of the new sound that im loving. choci's chewns and alike have had their place but personally im not sure i want the future acid releases to have that feel, nice now and then to have an old school classics mix but bring on the future sounds quality tracks from start to finish not just 303's but they can be a bonus when used right, dont go over the top...

i dunno my two cents!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast