Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Locked records 01

Locked records 001

2007 sees Locked embark upon a new project in the form of a free mp3 web label aimed at pushing the boundaries and strengthening our scene. The new era of Laptop and cd dj's is well and truely upon us so we have moved with the times to provide a solid source of tools, tracks and sounds.
    The label will combine the music of established artists with that of the many talented artists around us and the style will venture through techno and its sub genre's. For now it will be MP3 only but there are plans to go vinyl aswell

Here is the first installment:

01 Pacou- Suave
    The 1st track from Pacou on this EP, and as expected, he comes up with a complete winner! This track is something a bit different, constructed around a soundscape which is lambasted in deep warm hypnotic synth laden sounds. The B line just sits and rolls alongside all this, creating a tripped out spacey track that is sure to go down a storm in any electronic set.

02 Pacou - 'Dont Get Me Started'
    Berlins techno maestro Pacou steps up to the plate with something purely and strictly for the dancefloor. This funky looped driver is sure to bounce any dirty floor hard, containing everything a tough tribal number should, with its finely placed nagging percussion and funky rhythmic shuffles. This track is a real peak time stunner!

03 Dominik Muller - 'Eintracht Hutte'
    The EP gets rolling with a cold hearted affair from one of Polands rising dark stars Dominik Muller. This is one for the Industrial badboys out there with its slamming offbeat bassline and hypnotic synth line that fills the track out perfectly.

04 Sinistra - 'Ballista'
    An absolute stormer from UK based bone cruncher 'Sinistra'. Truly the heaviest track on this EP, this distorted yet minimal hammerer wraps up the MP3 nicely with its sharp percussive stabs and hissing interference noises. If your techno palette is erring slightly more to the aggressive side this is a must have! A man to watch

05 Only - 'Warfare'
    A total shot at the New Skool here with a dark trembling work out from local anarchist 'Only'. On the first listen this sounds like something right from back in the Mid 90s with the simple but effective clattering bassline alongside some subtle but dense percussion. Halfway through you are treated to a killer breakdown that builds to a crescendo of synth based mayhem.

Click here to download a zip file containing the 5 tracks in high quality mp3 format or go direct to our site @ www.lockedrecords.co.uk

Also available from our website are dj mixes from the following:

Dj Godfather @ Locked v Computer Controlled
    Matt Blak live @ Footworx Belgium
    Pacou Live @ Locked 03
    Mark Williams
    Oscar Mulero
    Lief Ryan
    Dominik Muller

Plus many more to follow. Watch this space

www.lockedrecords.co.uk

Deceptacon

sweeet :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Cracking stuff chaps!

5 really solid tracks there!
    Last edited by Frank Dogshit; 14-03-2007 at 01:41 PM.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

the big pork pie

Nice one! Thank you very much. :)

All 5 tracks are spot on.

the big pork pie

BUMP!

Any plans for a second Locked release?

Ultimate Freak

init first one was cool.... nice that it was free too

Junior Freak

Watch this space...

Next one will be out fairly soon

The Universe

Thank you,downloading now~

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Horam View Post
    Watch this space...

Next one will be out fairly soon
    Thats great news! :)

Cheers.

Junior Freak

Great tracks guys, but...

Do you not think that by giving away your tracks for free your de-valuing an already heavily under valued industry and also under selling yourselves as artists.

You say that the label is going to strengthen the scene; I think it will have the opposite effect. If more people start taking the position of giving away there music for free it could have a disastrous effect on artists trying to scrape a living from what little money is left in this industry.

I think giving away 1 or 2 releases could be an effective marketing idea, but it's the idea of a 'free' label that i'm not so keen on.

I don't think techno has ever been about making lots of money but it does need money to survive.

don't think i'm being funny by what i've written, it's just my view on the matter. doesn't mean its right.
    Last edited by MorePunkThanFunk; 24-06-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    Joe Giacomet
    More Punk Than Funk

tel: +44 (0) 7840 289068
    email: info@morepunkthanfunk.com

web: www.giacomet.co.uk
    web: www.morepunkthanfunk.com

Junior Freak

Agree !!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MorePunkThanFunk View Post

Do you not think that by giving away your tracks for free your de-valuing an already heavily under valued industry and also under selling yourselves as artists.

You say that the label is going to strengthen the scene; I think it will have the opposite effect. If more people start taking the position of giving away there music for free it could have a disastrous effect on artists trying to scrape a living from what little money is left in this industry.

I think giving away 1 or 2 releases could be an effective marketing idea, but it's the idea of a 'free' label that i'm not so keen on.

I don't think techno has ever been about making lots of money but it does need money to survive.

don't think i'm being funny by what i've written, it's just my view on the matter. doesn't mean its right.
    At the moment we want to get the Locked label to be listened to by as many people as possible. The best way to do that is to make it free to download from our site. We have also given out free cds of this first release at our night.

It's a similar reason to why we've been doing the free partys at Locked over the last 6 months.

In the future we would like to be in a place to sell the releases via digital downloads and vinyl but we're not there at the moment...

BOA Lifetime Member

what a strange notion mate. Offering music for free does anything BUT damage a scene, it unites people in a way that goes somewhat beyond the artist/punter divide that some people seem to think is still important in this scene. It brings everyone onto the same level.

No one is missing out because they cant afford new music, and no one is missing out when they dont get the sales they think they deserve.

it's much, much healthier for a scene that there are still people who are first and foremost dedicated to simply putting good music out there rather than, and i quote your goodself, "scraping a living out of what little money is left within this industry"

the arse fell out of the record buying industry for techno about 5, 6 years ago unless your records are of the highest quality and happen to touch a nerve that brings sales which a person could quantify as "making a living out of techno". And right now, apart from the likes of Hawtin, Clarke and co, you'l be very, very hard pushed to find anyone who makes a living off releasing records right now.

People should expect less from the consequences of releasing music and concentrate on the actual music itself. I dont see how anyone, regardless of scene, position in the scene, relevance to the scene etc etc could not welcome free music

keep up the good work chaps

BOA Lifetime Member

Agreed, Scot.

the big pork pie

Agree with Eyes.

Junior Freak

but if there's no money in the industry to pay artists then how are they going to produce quality music? Does that mean you expect every artists to work for free in there spare time. does this mean the techno community is going to be reduced to a bunch of part timers?

i truly believe this will have consequences on the quality of the music. who pays the mastering engineer? or does that mean techno no longer gets mastered.... or worse still the mastering engineer works for free as well. who pays the designer for the label artwork, or is that going to be reduced to half rate design?

surely this is going to have consequences

if this is the direction that techno is takes then it's going to develop into a very 'amateur' genre.
    Last edited by MorePunkThanFunk; 25-06-2007 at 04:07 PM.
    Joe Giacomet
    More Punk Than Funk

the big pork pie

Have you downloaded it?

Junior Freak

but if there's no money in the industry to pay artists then how are they going to produce quality music? Does that mean you expect every artists to work for free in there spare time. does this mean the techno community is going to be reduced to a bunch of part timers?

i truly believe this will have consequences on the quality of the music. who pays the mastering engineer? or does that mean techno no longer gets mastered.... or worse still the mastering engineer works for free as well. who pays the designer for the label artwork, or is that going to be reduced to half rate design?

surely this is going to have consequences

if this is the direction that techno is takes then it's going to develop into a very 'amateur' genre.
    I don't agree with this...

Loads of the best tracks have been written by "amateurs". In fact it's only through writing great tracks as an "amateur" that you get to be a "professional". Think back to the originators of house/techno. They started this from nothing, writing in their spare time, building studios with their money etc. It's just so happened that the whole thing blew up and they were able to sell enough records to make a living.

When it comes down to it you can only be a full time artist if your record sales/gigs are paying the bills. But does this mean that you can only write good music if you're getting paid for it? Of course it doesn't....

We paid out of our own pockets for mastering on some of these tracks and we paid out of our pockets to do the cds...

You become a professional when you get to a point where you can afford to quit your job because you're making enough money from your music, it's not like you suddenly decide "I'm a professional now"...

I think if you have money as a consideration when it comes to music then you've got a problem...
    Last edited by Sam_Horam; 25-06-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    Have you downloaded it?

i'm not in any way referring to there music, it's wicked. like i said its more the concept of a free label that i'm referring to.
    Last edited by MorePunkThanFunk; 25-06-2007 at 05:11 PM.
    Joe Giacomet
    More Punk Than Funk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast