Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BOA Lifetime Member

yeah Henry was a laughing stock to begin with, took a while to bed in...
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by lukekendall View Post
    ha !!!

maybe 9 in the league but he was injured for the start of the season!! 19 goals in all competions!!! and also he is just as good as rooney and henry at creating goals!!! hes pure class!!

all for a first season in the prem...... if i remember rightly henry was a joke in his first!! lol

correct

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by lukekendall View Post
    ha !!!

maybe 9 in the league but he was injured for the start of the season!! 19 goals in all competions!!! and also he is just as good as rooney and henry at creating goals!!! hes pure class!!

all for a first season in the prem...... if i remember rightly henry was a joke in his first!! lol
    He took a while to get going since he was a right winger when he came to us and came off the back of an unhappy spell at Juventus, but he scored 26 goals in his first season, fired us to the Uefa cup final and scored in every round bar the final, so I think his achievements outstrip Berbatov's somehow! Even though he had more to overcome.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    No we've just had most of our attack injured on and off (Saha, Smith, Soljskar - all been out for long periods) and all our defence wiped out at the most crucial point of the season meaning we've dropped points of late and are still three clear with a vastly superior goal difference.

Also, Chelsea have kept winning as well - I would imagine many of their players ran ours close for several positions.

As for the comment that most footballers are stupid - well that may be so but that doesnt mean they dont know a good player when they play against them!
    Smith hasn't played many games, but the other two have played 28-33 which isn't bad and none of them are really top class players who will you get you more goals than Rooney and Ronaldo have. Plus you brought in Larsson for 12 games, so that's not much of a set back. And the defenders have only just got injured and you still have Heinze, who's versatile at Evra who's good, so again, not players you'd really miss that much, unlike Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes who've all played 39-48 games so far.

Rooney should have been in there ahead of Berbatov for starters, so if Man U were better virtually all over the pitch the they should be doing much better than they are, they should be walking it like Inter in Italy. I mean other teams have pulled out much bigger gaps in the Prem and not had nearly as many players in there. Plus of course players are only directly up against one player from the opposing team and are in no real position to watch how the other 10 are getting on to any great degree.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234