Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default BRAD LEE "Others Among Us"

Well it's not quite done yet. Want to change the arrangement after the break a bit and such...sounds like I need a slight bit of EQ or volume adjustment on a certain sound as well. But just tell me what you think of the sketch....Haven't had loads of time to work on it....but blah blahblah blah blah blah blah

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE-others_among_us.mp3

Supreme Freak

gut busting, gruesome beats.

very interesting tune there mate, i like the atmosphere you've created.

i think you made my ears bleed though, IMO the highs are a little pearcing.

were did the sample come from? im sure ive heard it somewhere!

p_

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by p_brane View Post
    gut busting, gruesome beats.

very interesting tune there mate, i like the atmosphere you've created.

i think you made my ears bleed though, IMO the highs are a little pearcing.

were did the sample come from? im sure ive heard it somewhere!

p_
    Yeah man, glad I could make the ears bleed a little bit ;) haha

For sure, need to tune down the highs on this. Glad you like the track overall amigo.

As for the vocal samples, I got them from a Russian movie that was dubbed in English called "Night Watch".

Ultimate Freak

listening now, nice cinematic intro, wicked edits and sequence. vocal works really well, reminds me of stuff on barcode (drum & bass label). maybe lift the acid synth out of the mix more or make it develop as it goes on? other than that everything sounds spot on to me :)

maybe as p_brane says, bit top heavy, which means i cant listen in my headphones as loud as i want. maybe this is the reason all mine are too bottom heavy. good work brad :D

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by detfella View Post
    listening now, nice cinematic intro, wicked edits and sequence. vocal works really well, reminds me of stuff on barcode (drum & bass label). maybe lift the acid synth out of the mix more or make it develop as it goes on? other than that everything sounds spot on to me :)

maybe as p_brane says, bit top heavy, which means i cant listen in my headphones as loud as i want. maybe this is the reason all mine are too bottom heavy. good work brad :D
    Thanks Dan, yeah I want to make that line sort of evolve and change a bit more too I recon. Will probably do some sort of filter automation, cause the noise is only a single shot sample, then just programmed the sequence of it. But I'll get some more edits on that noise and see what I can do about keeping it shifting a bit more in the arrangement. Thanks homie!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

Back to your roots it seems, pretty unique trademark sound! On the technical side i think the tune may be a little to loud. Sounds as if the highs are clipping, perhaps. Looking at the waveform would tell me if that assumption was right or not. Easily fixable, though, only a minor issue. Which limiter are you using, waves l2/l3 by chance?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by loopdon View Post
    Back to your roots it seems, pretty unique trademark sound! On the technical side i think the tune may be a little to loud. Sounds as if the highs are clipping, perhaps. Looking at the waveform would tell me if that assumption was right or not. Easily fixable, though, only a minor issue. Which limiter are you using, waves l2/l3 by chance?
    Yeah all of my stuff is a bit loud homie...h aha Guess I'm a little bit def my friend...But I usually tone it down once I've got it ready. The limiter I use is built into the Izotope Ozone. ( I never use the waves limiters cause they clip really heavy) Use that on my master channel of the fx mixer. But yeah I can back that down a bit...no worries. Will do that when I'm satisfied with the tune as a whole.

Really glad you're liking it thus far my friend. Still have some hours left to put into it I think. Bit more edits, then of course final mixdown as well. Thanks for leaving me the feedback my friend. Really appreciate it.

Junior Freak

Nice mate, really atmospheric and aggressive.

I Agree with the comments on it sounding like its clipping a little.

Love the little variations with the beat, all the atmospheric stuff sounds good, well done.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jk_scowling View Post
    Nice mate, really atmospheric and aggressive.

I Agree with the comments on it sounding like its clipping a little.

Love the little variations with the beat, all the atmospheric stuff sounds good, well done.
    Thank you as well for the feedback. Much appreciated amigo.

Supreme Freak

I like it, nice and aggressive, thats what I'm into to a t!!

Gotta agree the high end does sound a little harsh at points. I don't know if you ever do but maybe you should use a tape saturation vst instead of a limiter, if you are running it really hard, gives you the volume you obviously like(!!) but not the harshness.

Yeh this is brutal mate, I'm digging it.

It is inevitable.

f**k yeah i like this! fantastic and really atmospheric. sweet mate, well done!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

Thanks Danny and Judas. Appreciate the comments guys. Judas, I'll give that a shot man...Just gotta find one of those plugs like that. Didn't have time to work on it last night man....will still do some more to this.

BOA Lifetime Member

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by loopdon View Post
    Thanks Martin...Is the Voxengo one a demo or something?

BOA Lifetime Member

yep, but ok to testrun i'd say.

BOA Lifetime Member

Thanks amigo. I'll definitely give it a spin to see what goes down homie!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

From what i have heard ferox is cool and the voxengo stuff must be about the best tape sim there is. i liked them both when i tried them. those were the two tha came to my mind :)

Junior Freak

holy jesus! thats loud!
    like it though, proper gritty and dark.
    bit of overkill on the gains imo, everythings fighting for space.
    great track though, i would buy it (with less distortion)
    ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Thanks bro....I've done a few more hours work with the edits, and also mixed it back down again. Tried that tape simulator out too. Thanks martin...I think it's much better now. What do you guys think?

Deceptacon

listenin now brad

ok.. you know this aint my style but F**K me you do it well!!

only problem i can find is that the overheads arent sittin in the mix properly.. they sound like they werent compressed with the mix (if you know what i mean)..

the vocal sample is f**king beautiful.. and the lazers that come in after it made me cream my panties!!!!!

top top stuff homie.

actually scrap what i said earlier about this not being my thing.. this is feckin awesome listening material..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast