Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

im totally chilled mate, but you do need to word your post's better in that case

Deceptacon

no.. you need not to read into them too much. take them at face value. if im gonna get sarcastic or smart ill employ the use of smilies :)

BOA Lifetime Member

i dont read anything into them that doesnt appear to be at the front of the comment. The use of a smilie in the comment did lead me to think you were being argumentative to a point, hence my reply

but i stick by my reply (rhymed too that), such discussions do require much better articulation

Deceptacon

your mother.

:briggin:

BOA Lifetime Member

your father...... quite simply, just your father

Deceptacon

weak retort.

coulda went so much further but you chose to comeback with an opposing noun. playground stuff.

im now leaving this conversation out of disgust.

BOA Lifetime Member

your taunts are so formulaeic ....

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn View Post
    your taunts are so formulaeic ....

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    weak retort.

coulda went so much further but you chose to comeback with an opposing noun. playground stuff.

im now leaving this conversation out of disgust.
    this whole forum is playground stuff these day's, im just trying to fit in. For once

BOA Lifetime Member

just out of interest, how do you guy's produce your taunts? do you leave your typical tried and tested comebacks in the front of your mind or store them at the back and load them up as and when you need them?

Deceptacon

i use a taunt rompler..

couldnt be arsed synthesising them.. prefer the realism of taunt samples.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    so you're basically saying that you dont have a sampler loaded up in your synth rack ready to go?
    seems a little pointless seeing as you're going to load it up anyway :whoops: . basically thats just wasting time isnt it?

and y not have your sends and returns loaded up? surely most of us at this stage realise that its better to stick to 2/3 good reverb/delay etc rather than having a disk full of crap freebies! so whats wrong with having say your waves rverb loaded and ready to go as your send reverb.. its not as if rverb is limited in the sound that can be gotten out of it. and its not exactly hard to change a send to a differant plug-in is it?
    ontopic: i have tried so often to get a basic template going as rhythmtech described with verbs etc. readily on the send channels and can see nothing wrong with it but i still start just about everything i do from scratch. The things i start with change as well, don't think i have ever started with a hihat-pattern, though.

offtopic: ''waves rverb'' and ''crap freebies'' in one sentence must be a joke. reverb wise there isn't much choice on the freeverb market but waves absolutely isn't known for it's reverbs. I swear, even in ten years time, when people are asked what they use plugin-wise, you will hear ''waves'' far to often... i reckon it's what you do with it, though.
    Last edited by loopdon; 10-05-2007 at 10:29 AM.

BOA Lifetime Member

i just knew this thread would turn out like this, thats why i dont post much on BOA anymore! too many uptight people ....eyes!!
    Be Lucky!

BOA Lifetime Member

you mean me?

BOA Lifetime Member

mainly eyes, because straight away he started getting all "people using templates etc etc ... is lazy and blah blah..." instead of answering the question regarding production methods? rhythm tech answred the question properly.
    Be Lucky!

BOA Lifetime Member

OK, had to look up what 'uptight' means, haha.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    If you cant build up a track from total scratch each time, your simply not producing

BULLSHIT!

There's a million and one ways of producing.
    You can take elements of previous work you've done and manipulate it into something completely different. Its what you do with it that counts.
    Making something totally viable without sounding anything like the original piece.
    I often find old loops etc, that i've made that fit other pieces perfectly with some molding and manipulation

Sounds like your applying rules there mate!
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

BOA Lifetime Member

Almost sounds like you gotta make your own piano every time before you play it or something [strongly exaggerated comparison].

I think a thread like this could quite well manage without ''rules'' etc. Tell people how you work, listen to how others work. If something sounds good to you - try it, if not: Don't! Isn't that easy? To easy probably.

Junior Freak

well i start at basicly from kick then going to bass afterwards some percussion,hats,now experimenting with pads,basslines at low bpm(50-90 or so) then convertating and playin back at usual 130-138

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReakZ View Post
    well i start at basicly from kick then going to bass afterwards some percussion,hats,now experimenting with pads,basslines at low bpm(50-90 or so) then convertating and playin back at usual 130-138
    Good idea that.
    Slowing things down is a good way of feeling the space between beats and getting things nicely locked in before speeding it up again.
    Last edited by force; 10-05-2007 at 03:13 PM.
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast