Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

He waited, didn't he?
    I didn't want to do it this time... It's just funny how some people can start going on and on for hours offtopic and obviously find it very hard to really contribute in a sensible manner. I reckon techno is the kind of music with the most 'secrets' and smallest number of people willing to help others out.

Scot, what help is a sentence like: ''...apart from the usual i try and keep any really good tricks up my sleeve...''

No bashing intended here, mate, just don't understand stuff like this. Maybe i am missing some special humour there, wouldn't be the first time.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by loopdon View Post
    He waited, didn't he?
    I didn't want to do it this time... It's just funny how some people can start going on and on for hours offtopic and obviously find it very hard to really contribute in a sensible manner. I reckon techno is the kind of music with the most 'secrets' and smallest number of people willing to help others out.

Scot, what help is a sentence like: ''...apart from the usual i try and keep any really good tricks up my sleeve...''

No bashing intended here, mate, just don't understand stuff like this. Maybe i am missing some special humour there, wouldn't be the first time.
    to be honest, when i started this thread, there was no intension to 'steal' anyones ideas or methods, but just to hear any unusual ways people produce their tracks out of pure interest, thats all. :;
    Be Lucky!

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by fatcollective View Post
    to be honest, when i started this thread, there was no intension to 'steal' anyones ideas or methods, but just to hear any unusual ways people produce their tracks out of pure interest, thats all. :;
    steve.. you hardly need to "steal" anyones ideas anyway

BOA Lifetime Member

Unknown to everyone here....
    I have secretly been leeching knowledge from this forum and putting it to use for the benefitz of my productionz

mwwhaahahahaahahhaa!

Sorry.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    Unknown to everyone here....
    I have secretly been leeching knowledge from this forum and putting it to use for the benefitz of my productionz

mwwhaahahahaahahhaa!

Sorry.
    YOU BASTARD!

BOA Lifetime Member

He waited, didn't he?

listen, i dont mean to be harsh but it's nothing to do with you mate, the "tricks up the sleeve" comment was SOOOOOO obviously a tongue in cheek bit of banter that it doesnt even need explaining

BOA Lifetime Member

and everyone else just let it drop ffs, Chris has said his piece, the thread was back on topic so just leave it at that. God if i can then surely you boys can

BOA Lifetime Member

For me there still is a thing called language barrier. I surely don't always get every special nuance here. Let's leave it at that and try and stay on topic next time.

BOA Lifetime Member

For me there still is a thing called language barrier. I surely don't always get every special nuance here. Let's leave it at that and try and stay on topic next time.
    of course, but surely it's better to pm me and ask what i mean instead of calling me out in public? Just do that next time instead of carrying it on when the thread was back in course mate

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm sorry. I will PM you next time.

Supreme Freak

Group Hug! Feel the love!

Ultimate Freak

I start with the bottom and work my way up...try to get most of the tracks contents running over 64 bars,eqing,processing as i go along,then i start arranging it.Once ive got the basic framework laid out i start fleshing it out with additional sounds and work on edits etc..then check and tweak accordingly at the end.

BOA Mod

I think (like seige says) that phrase length is very important...

Having variance in velocity placed within the context of phrase length is a really poweful way of avoiding that looped feeling.

Funny isnt it that we make 'repetetive' type music yet find at all costs ways to very the seemingly unvarying...

BOA Lifetime Member

Just read an interview where that person says it's nice to apply edits after you have exported the track, by cutting out bars of the final *.wav and running effects over them. I have read this here quite often before but never really tried it. Will do now, though.

BOA Mod

Just read an interview where that person says it's nice to apply edits after you have exported the track, by cutting out bars of the final *.wav and running effects over them. I have read this here quite often before but never really tried it. Will do now, though.
    I do this all the time, its great fun!

BOA Lifetime Member

That`s in my production masterclass on this very site too.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

that wouldnt of happened to be bk would it? :cheese:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    That`s in my production masterclass on this very site too.
    I know, mate; said i'd seen it before on the board. Sometimes things become important all of a sudden to me. Like reading about automation and reading it again later and then at some point in time you really want to try it...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc2002 View Post
    that wouldnt of happened to be bk would it? :cheese:
    Psssssst. You are right. Didn't want to discredit myself by starting with something like: ''I saw this video from bk (hard dance artist), where he....'' :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Psssssst. You are right. Didn't want to discredit myself by starting with something like: ''I saw this video from bk (hard dance artist), where he....'' :)
    just because he makes hard dance it doesnt automatically mean he's a turd. if i could acheive even a quarter of his success regarding his discography ide be a happy chappy :cheese:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast