Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Midi Trigger Plug-in

Anyone know a VST or DX plug-in that can do midi triggering from a sound source?

I'm looking to trigger samples from processed, recorded loops without the creativity destroying process of rexing 'em up, getting the MIDI data, filtering out the hits I don't want manually, etc. etc. etc.

T*

BOA Lifetime Member

I can think of a way 2 trigger certain Midi sequences, notes or messages appon receiving othe midi messages .. but not really thru audio events!

A way would b using the Midi sends 2 trigger arpeggiators (arpache), chords (chorder), Midi patterns (Step programmer), etc... just direct these messages 2 the relevant Midi Output/ Channel!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

So if u can think u can find a simple plug in/ VST i that can trigger a sigle note (for instance) u can the use the above method 2 costumise the output triggered message!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Junior Freak

That's the bit I'm trying to find, mate...

Looks like I'll have to make one in Reactor or something. If that's possible.

I've got a book somewhere... (sigh)

I'm surprised no-one can think of one. It's a standard piece of traditional studio equipment...

T*

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah if there is some sort of realtime audio to midi note proggy or somethin!

Z