Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Freak

Crikey.. I leave for a couple days and all hell breaks loose.

Seems things are somewhat amicable now so let's just get on with the music :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by xfive View Post
    Crikey.. I leave for a couple days and all hell breaks loose.

Seems things are somewhat amicable now so let's just get on with the music :)

Goozfabra....

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    Your good man, I don`t think you`ve lost face here so it`s all cool, I apologise for not being a little more clear in my wording (I never use the damn preview button). We all over react from time to time, and there`s no need to dissapear dude, I think most here know you got a big heart and strong passion.

And for you in regards to the craft I say

"A brother may not always see his brother eye to eye in all points, but all things can still be on the level, and carried out fair and square"

The craft does not make us perfect, but merely points us the path to improvement and enlightenment.
    So Mote It Be.

Regardless of this discussion Steve
    MY CABLE TOW WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOUR REACH
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

The Demon Beast

What ever happened to dance music
    Making music for the purpose of people dancing?
    Wetworks

The Demon Beast
    Wetworks

Ultimate Freak

[QUOTE=xfive;545371]Crikey.. I leave for a couple days and all hell breaks loose.

Haha...im in ibiza at the moment,have been for the last 10 days,so not been on here latley.....came on to check my mail n shit,and its going off!
    I agree with steve,id much rather have someone tell me flaws and improvements needed with my productions than just (yeah,cool trk or whatever just 4 the sake of it)
    i see another war of words has emerged again between scott and sam...u guys dont really get on do u??

right,im off to get another drink and check out the talent round the pool!!

Administrator

*sigh*.. this sort of crazy outburst has just gotta stop you guys. holy shit i mean come on we're all here to learn and help ppl if we can and if someone new comes on here and reads all this bollocks we'll get nowhere. any chance can you keep your personal problems off here? pleeeaaaasseeeee??

ok, well let's get back to the issue. i for one agree with steve's first post. i really must come on here more often, but like steve says it's time. hmm yeah, the system on here could be improved i think.

i actually have seen on alot of forums where ppl can 'give thanks' for something someone has posted. i could rework that modification where perhaps you can click it 'if you like the track'. so your name gets logged as someone whole likes the track. if not, you should give critique in the form of a post. this might help the situation, rather than have loads of 'great track' posts.

i think it's nice to be encouraged but i also think it's more important to be critisied, i totally live my life by that rule. actually i could take that 'thanks' idea one step further - perhaps a way of rating or voting attached to each post. that way you'd know if it was a good track cause your rating would be high. we could stipulate that the voting must be based on production techniqie rather than it just being a 'good' track, cause that's more personal taste.

might be nice if i could make a system where you know how many ppl have downloaded your track and listened to it. then you can gauge how popular your music is becoming...

just a few ideas... very interesting i think if we could take this forward..

let me know what you think....

Ultimate Freak

Mark - not bad ideas really, but I don't know if we want to encourage any popularity contests in here.
    I view this area as production help for people who are stuck with where to take something or know that the production quality can be improved but aren't sure how to do it.

People should post their tracks to other rating based sites if they want that sort of "review/commentary" style of feedback. Or perhaps a separate BOA area? User uploadable tracks that the whole board can rate?

BOA Lifetime Member

i havent had the time lately to review tracks like i used to......most of the time i try to listen at work, but i cant give any good feedback due to crappy speakers here, but i'd always like to put in my 2 cents

BOA Lifetime Member

To be honest Ive not been posting replys or listening to much music on here for a long time and its a rare ocasion that I post my own work anymore [compared to how I used to post every track I was working on, even if it was only 2 mins long]

The main reason for this is because the comments that were more helpful [mainly the comments that point out the flaws in my sound and mix]seemd to dry up and be replaced by "great track" ect
    Now its nice to know that sombody has taken time to listen to my music and im so greatful for any time spent too then reply.

So dont be shy in saying "great track" ect if thats what you feel and have nothing more to say but also dont be affraid to say "shit track"
    If you feel that, say why its shit or why its good if you can.
    Most importantly be truthful [even if its negative] and try to help if you can.
    I mean you may not feel to confident on pointing out what you may see as flaw in sombodys work, especially when you think they are better than you at production ect but belive me a fresh and objective pair of anybodys ears is worth so much when you have been listening and working on the same track for about three days.Im sure that we all know and appreciate this.

My sound was realy shitty when I first started posting here[still kind of is]but the comments and advice people gave me helped me to improove so much [also made me want to improove so much more].
    I took what I wanted from all suggestions and used them how I saw fit.
    But since the more critical help seems to have dried up my development has slowd down a great deal.

AAAAAAAAnnnnnyways...

Im going on a bit here now so...

Personaly from now Im going to try and find time to do this.
    I will dl some trks now, listen at home and try to say somthing helpful.
    Maybe I will start posting up some tracks again soon [for help and advice not props]

Waffle ends, I need a cig ; P

Deceptacon

i felt for a while there was maybe 6/7 of us commenting but a ton of people posting tracks so there was no point. we basically moved it to msn.. maybe i'll give it a go in here again soon.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    i felt for a while there was maybe 6/7 of us commenting but a ton of people posting tracks so there was no point. we basically moved it to msn.. maybe i'll give it a go in here again soon.
    same....

but serio lads... we all know whos who and no one is dissing tracks here !!! the bar has being continuously on the up here... thanks to constructive criticism!! so if u think you have a constructive comment, post it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123