Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyslim View Post
    by the way £35 day tickets, and £70 2 days tickets now available.
    interesting , i wonder how many tickets theyve sold ..
    Myspace here

the big pork pie

BOA Lifetime Member

Oh yeah - and it's my birthday on the Sunday as well so Mr EG if you could have the bottle of bubbly ready for when I come up to the booth & get everyone singing happy birthday that'd do nicely :;
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

Administrator

hahaha ok i'm on a 2pm. see y'll there.

Administrator

well, actually, i won't be seeing you there. unfortunately the stage got cancelled. bah what a downer, especially as i'd left ground zero in holland early to get and a plane and drive down to this. i was actually about 40 minutes away when i was told about it so thought *uk it, turned round, drove back to leeds and am about to go to the pub for a cheeky sunday pint. :cheese:

i hope those of you that went enjoyed it..

Junior Freak

hearin it was disaster half tents bein cacelled djs pulled etc etc glad i never went!

Ultimate Freak

i don't recognise many names on there.

Junior Freak

did anyone get down there? how did it go?

BOA Lifetime Member

My mate went and she told me they got off at noon yesterday.
    Said there was no shows all over the shop, they couldn't be arsed with it so didn't bother hanging round.
    Sounds like a shambles by all accounts, she's gutted she chose this over Glade now.

BOA Lifetime Member

sounds like a disaster!!! not good.

Junior Freak

there are a lot of other festies on these days and the glade was this month also.....bit of risk really....

Junior Freak

I was there all weekend and I've gotta say it was a disaster from the very beginning. Every indoor stage was empty during the day as there was only 3000 or so people at the whole event, who rightly lapped up the outdoor Psy Trance in the sun - barely any of the big Techno names turned up once told they would not be getting paid, so if you went to see the likes of Adam Beyer, Technasia, DJ Rush, Valentino Kanzyani you would have been very dissapointed.

The people that did turn up - Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy, Fergie, Josh Wink, Thomas Schumacher were forced to play at such a ridiculously low level due to the sound restrictions once it got dark that it really wasn't worth it and made a bit of a mockery of the whole event (bad site planning) - the council wanted it shut down Fri nite and obviously had the excuse they needed too SUnday lunchtime after the medics and security walked when they found out there was no money to pay them... Such a shame as this had big potential...

Complete Scouse Noob

****:whoops:

thats harsh.

glad i didnt go. but its a sign of the times.

all uk festivals are shit really anyway. sound levels just take the piss these days

BOA Lifetime Member

Blimey

Glade is wicked. Can't fault Glade.

Its got better every year so far. Fingers crossed the weather improves....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ...Dave... View Post
    ****:whoops:

thats harsh.

glad i didnt go. but its a sign of the times.

all uk festivals are shit really anyway. sound levels just take the piss these days
    enrico (the promoter) isn't a bad guy. i think he just got a little bit out of his depth and after knowing the ticket sales were low, it was either pull the event or put it on and hope. i went down knowing i wasn't going to get paid but sadly was told it was off 40 mins from the venue. i think the situation is here is enrico has tried to do a serious music festival but got certain things to do with promotion wrong. fair play to him for trying but i really do feel for those that spent money on a ticket and felt they got a raw deal. i thnk iit's just one of those things. if it was me i wouldn't try to put a gig on like this without first being a little more recognised as a name out of london.

Junior Freak

Overall the promotion outside of the underground/psy scene was very poor - and putting something on 2 weeks before Glade within 30 miles of that site was a big mistake.

Still - most people I knew there were having a good time regardless and obviously Enrico truely was trying to put on an outstanding party. I'm reviewing the event for IDJ mag and will try and look at the positives, but having scanned a lot other forums today it seems like there are a LOT of unhappy people who splashed out for their tickets...

BOA Lifetime Member

hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio
    http://www.antiworld070707.com/artis...30709361241534

He's a lot whiter than I remember

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio
    http://www.antiworld070707.com/artis...30709361241534

He's a lot whiter than I remember

hahahahaah

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kai_1 View Post
    I was there all weekend and I've gotta say it was a disaster from the very beginning. Every indoor stage was empty during the day as there was only 3000 or so people at the whole event, who rightly lapped up the outdoor Psy Trance in the sun - barely any of the big Techno names turned up once told they would not be getting paid, so if you went to see the likes of Adam Beyer, Technasia, DJ Rush, Valentino Kanzyani you would have been very dissapointed.

The people that did turn up - Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy, Fergie, Josh Wink, Thomas Schumacher were forced to play at such a ridiculously low level due to the sound restrictions once it got dark that it really wasn't worth it and made a bit of a mockery of the whole event (bad site planning) - the council wanted it shut down Fri nite and obviously had the excuse they needed too SUnday lunchtime after the medics and security walked when they found out there was no money to pay them... Such a shame as this had big potential...
    gotta second what he said - and add that the shit sucka truck was pumpin all the waste into the wrong drainage system which "contaminated" the main (psy) stage..... council shut it down :-(

so gutted we endured the ****in psytrance for 2 whole days and got there thursday night - thinking there'd be a wkd techno line up - it seemed like the psy boys weren't cancelled it was just the techno peeps told "no money".

if we'd known there'd be as little techno (and as quiet) we would def not have bothered. - murphy though........ wow!!! scratchin the deck like a guitar - top stuff respect!!!

ya live and learn :-(

BOA Lifetime Member

sounds like the worst organised even in a long time. I know a few people who went and are extremely disapointed. An event of this magnitude should not be relying on the majority of door sales to pay its artists after advertising such big names, poor do that

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast