Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

You win some you lose some...

We tried to have a good time anyway but for what it cost it was impossible not to be diappointed. Well done the people who came and played for free, my respect for Fergie went up another notch for playing several hours to a virtually abandoned tent for nothing. I didn't realise Marco Bailey or DJ Murphy went ahead with it though, nobody had the remotest clue who was still playing and where...

Shit happens :whoops:
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio
    http://www.antiworld070707.com/artis...30709361241534

He's a lot whiter than I remember

That really sums the whole mess up nicely...

Complete Scouse Noob

hahahah

surely thats a joke?

if it is its hillarious.

it its seriously a mistake. its even better

BOA Lifetime Member

hahaha that just about sums up the event for me really

me thinks this was a money making attempt gone horribly wrong

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by robin m View Post
    You win some you lose some...

We tried to have a good time anyway but for what it cost it was impossible not to be diappointed. Well done the people who came and played for free, my respect for Fergie went up another notch for playing several hours to a virtually abandoned tent for nothing. I didn't realise Marco Bailey or DJ Murphy went ahead with it though, nobody had the remotest clue who was still playing and where...

Shit happens :whoops:
    Your'e right, noone knew who was on or where at any point other than Sat on the main psy stage which seemed to be totally unaffected by the whole fiasco.

Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy and DJ Preach all played on the fri night in the tent full of Maniks Funktion 1 (hosted by Party Proactive) - the tent Fergie played in also hosted the Chew The Fat breaks day on Sat but unfortunately for them there was about 20 people in there at best the whole day :-(

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by kai_1 View Post
    Your'e right, noone knew who was on or where at any point other than Sat on the main psy stage which seemed to be totally unaffected by the whole fiasco.

Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy and DJ Preach all played on the fri night in the tent full of Maniks Funktion 1 (hosted by Party Proactive) - the tent Fergie played in also hosted the Chew The Fat breaks day on Sat but unfortunately for them there was about 20 people in there at best the whole day :-(
    Manik were a part of this?
    No wonder it went poop.
    Too many gangsters involved in this event.
    I knew this wasn`t gonna go well, but wanted to keep schtum for fear of being called negative.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Junior Freak

Well they were supplying the sound in one of the tents - believe me they had nothing to do with it going tits up whatsoever. Two reasons as far as I could see -

1. Not enough tickets sold to get anywhere near financing the ambitious lineup they promised.

2. Bad location - the council were obviously uneasy about this from the start and the night time noise restrictions were a joke.
    Last edited by kai_1; 10-07-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    enrico (the promoter) isn't a bad guy. i think he just got a little bit out of his depth and after knowing the ticket sales were low, it was either pull the event or put it on and hope. i went down knowing i wasn't going to get paid but sadly was told it was off 40 mins from the venue. i think the situation is here is enrico has tried to do a serious music festival but got certain things to do with promotion wrong. fair play to him for trying but i really do feel for those that spent money on a ticket and felt they got a raw deal. i thnk iit's just one of those things. if it was me i wouldn't try to put a gig on like this without first being a little more recognised as a name out of london.

sorry mark i disagree
    he is a twat
    and i'm not surprised this went the way it did
    he's got a bad habit of not paying and not respecting ( did anyone hear about them emptying the loos into the local river????)
    and to be honest that is why i was not on the bill

i will not play for him

end of
    love your mum

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    sorry mark i disagree
    he is a twat
    he's got a bad habit of not paying and not respecting ( did anyone hear about them emptying the loos into the local river????)

i will not play for him

end of
    Thats a damning indictment.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    sorry mark i disagree
    he is a twat

i will not play for him

end of
    Now there is a big old nugget of the truth.
    So many naughty things have happened behind the scenes with this "organisation".
    Since day dot at tyssen street studios, bad shenanigans have gone on.
    It`s about time it was disclosed.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Administrator

well i can only go on my own experience. i've been paid all the time apart from alexandra palace and even then it was me who told him not to bother cause he'd obviously lost out. anyway, a forum is the wrong place to get into this surely?? :;

it's a shame, cause the uk does need more events like glade and the like. hopefully we'll get someone else taking the risk in the future, but obviously with a bit more thought about promotion...

BOA Lifetime Member

Am going to Glade, and well looking forward to it, but it could do with a bit more techno.
    Mark, any chance of you driving up in a minibus and playing the decks out of the back doors, like a crazy mobile disco?!? He he, that'd be ace =)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by teknorich View Post
    Am going to Glade, and well looking forward to it, but it could do with a bit more techno.
    Mark, any chance of you driving up in a minibus and playing the decks out of the back doors, like a crazy mobile disco?!? He he, that'd be ace =)
    do you know, i was thinking of buying a van next time instead of a car, so that i could do exactly this. i've lost count of the times i've been outside a party thinking wouldn't this be a great spot to bang out some tunes. imagine that. a full on mobile techno machine.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    do you know, i was thinking of buying a van next time instead of a car, so that i could do exactly this. i've lost count of the times i've been outside a party thinking wouldn't this be a great spot to bang out some tunes. imagine that. a full on mobile techno machine.

hahaha....sounds good... but your always in a rush let alone a party bus...you need a fast car mark hahaha

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio
    http://www.antiworld070707.com/artis...30709361241534

He's a lot whiter than I remember
    Holy good **** ...... thats f*ckin hilarious

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    sounds like the worst organised even in a long time.
    it sounds pretty bad - but i've been to some pretty unorganised festivals over the last few years

sunrise last year couldn't afford to pay any crew or artists etc. It's a poor goings on really. It's generally acknowledged that a festival won't make any money in the first three years - but the way people manage it is to get some serious financial backing for the event. It seems to me that the festies that run out of money tend to be the ones run by egotistical idiots that rush into these things without thinking through the full logistics and costs of a large 3 day event.

anyway thankfully there are still some good ones about - we'll be pulling on site at the glade on monday - hopefully the weather will take a turn for the better and the sound restrictions won't be too severe.

Supreme Freak

bum deal for those who paid to go, but I got a 2nd set thanks to the mess, and played to a pretty up for it crowd, in the same tent that fergie played to no-one.

After a day of middle of the road minimal I think my tougher stuff went down fairly well.

Im beginning to hear more and more rumours about what went on. And I know a lot of stuff first hand, but mark is right, this, and any message baord for that matter, is no place for it. They ****ed up, end of. Though I wouldn.t count on people getting any ticket money back

cheers darkmode by the way. will give the tunes a listen when i get back from serbia

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyslim View Post
    bum deal for those who paid to go, but I got a 2nd set thanks to the mess, and played to a pretty up for it crowd, in the same tent that fergie played to no-one.

Im beginning to hear more and more rumours about what went on. And I know a lot of stuff first hand, but mark is right, this, and any message baord for that matter, is no place for it. They ****ed up, end of. Though I wouldn.t count on people getting any ticket money back
    I missed your set... it was such a shambles that nobody knew who was playing and where so we missed even the few things that did still happen.

I'd normally agree that message boards aren't the place for slagging off - but as someone who paid a shitload for this fiasco instead of going to glade for eg I feel completely justified in it... there was no way that weekend was anywhere near worth the (considerable) cost and there's absolutely no ****ing way I'll ever think about going to another event that's got the antiworld name anywhere near it.

Fair enough there's a learning curve - and fair enough some of the lineup getting pulled - but for absolutely nobody on the bill showing up and the whole thing being axed a day early? The more I think about it, sod keeping quiet - I'm furious...

BOA Lifetime Member

I don't see why negative comments should be kept quiet cos this is a public forum. That seems bizarre. There's no place for mindless insults or attacks on the organisers (calling them "tw*ts etc) but if people have simple factual complaints, then they SHOULD be aired in public, no?
    Nothing wrong with that, and no need to keep it secret.

the big pork pie

My girlfriend and I paid £200+ for 3 days of music and to see the following DJ's and Live PA's at Antiworld:

Speedy J Live
    Technasia Live
    Digitalism Live
    Blackstrobe Live
    Adam Beyer
    Ade Fenton
    British Murder Boys
    Chris Finke
    Green Velvet
    Nick Grater
    Pendulum
    Freestylers
    Aquasky
    Seb Marx Live
    Jimige Live
    DJ Rush
    Valentino Kanzyani
    Marco Nastic
    Chris Liberator
    Mark EG
    Zebedee
    Pat Hurley
    Animatek
    Julian Gas
    Product 19
    Layo & Bushwacka
    Alloy Mental Live
    Utah Saints Dex N FX
    Tokyo Acid Crew Live
    Plaid Live
    Robert Hood
    Ben Sims
    Ben Long
    Shade Of Rhythm Live PA
    Nicky Blackmarket
    Slipmatt
    Isotonik Crew - Perry K, Lukozade & MC Ice
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Niki Dimensions
    Squirrel
    The Spinsterz
    Jack Bass
    DJ Devious D

Instead we had 2 days of music as it got shut down, were kicked off the site by the old bill and we did NOT see the following DJ's as they were NOT booked:

Speedy J Live
    Technasia Live
    Digitalism Live
    Blackstrobe Live
    Adam Beyer
    Ade Fenton
    British Murder Boys
    Chris Finke
    Green Velvet
    Nick Grater
    Pendulum
    Freestylers
    Aquasky
    Seb Marx Live
    Jimige Live
    DJ Rush
    Valentino Kanzyani
    Marco Nastic
    Chris Liberator
    Mark EG
    Zebedee
    Pat Hurley
    Animatek
    Julian Gas
    Product 19
    Layo & Bushwacka
    Alloy Mental Live
    Utah Saints Dex N FX
    Tokyo Acid Crew Live
    Plaid Live
    Robert Hood
    Ben Sims
    Ben Long
    Shade Of Rhythm Live PA
    Nicky Blackmarket
    Slipmatt
    Isotonik Crew - Perry K, Lukozade & MC Ice
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Niki Dimensions
    Squirrel
    The Spinsterz
    Jack Bass
    DJ Devious D

The whole thing was a joke and a rip off. Too many things going wrong there all the time, I can't even be arsed to go into anymore detail.

The promoter is a fu*king cunt.

END OF.
    Last edited by Si the Sigh; 11-07-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast