Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

if i was in some peoples situ,id post it in every seedy public toliet and phone box with the words ' young blonde who wants some cock' attached.
    Last edited by basslinejunkie; 12-07-2007 at 12:58 PM.

the big pork pie

Just emailed the geezer...

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie View Post
    if i was in some peoples situ,id post it in every seedy public toliet and phone box with the words ' young blonde who wants some cock' attached.
    :) :) :) :)

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    it's a shame, cause the uk does need more events like glade and the like.
    Really?

Surely the fact that it was so woefully undersold is a pretty big indicator that the UK probably doesn't need another event like this.

If the demand was there then there wouldn't have been so many problems.

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    do you know, i was thinking of buying a van next time instead of a car, so that i could do exactly this. i've lost count of the times i've been outside a party thinking wouldn't this be a great spot to bang out some tunes. imagine that. a full on mobile techno machine.
    Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeZOeTg5dDE

(But with better music obviously...)

BOA Lifetime Member

"Some" artists and stages cancelled?

I saw Josh Wink and Fergie, full stop. The only people who were even close to being delivered to were the psytrance crowd. This announcement is a small step in the right direction, but for me and the vast majority of others who went this was under no circumstances "one hell of a festival" and regardless of the spin he's trying to put on it I have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever.
    Oh wow - myspace :coffee: http://www.myspace.com/robsoliton

the big pork pie

Again, agree 110% ^

Anyone who went there for techno, was ripped off.

BOA Lifetime Member

a FEW things went wrong?
    haha
    typical cop out.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse View Post
    Really?

Surely the fact that it was so woefully undersold is a pretty big indicator that the UK probably doesn't need another event like this.

good point. why oh why is techno so unrepresented over here. it drives me insane. i play in holland and 50,000 are dancing to miss djax and luke slater EACH weekend.

i have to say, this event had alot of potential. it just wasnt promoted right... imho...

BOA Lifetime Member

gutted it didnt all work out, i really wanted to go and support this event, i thought it was a wicked line up for the uk but i just couldnt get ppl to go, they all presume for what ever reason that as its on in the uk there well be to many rules and regulations and wouldnt be as good as abroad.
    Drugs, dirty dancing and pounding techno music

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technobitch View Post
    gutted it didnt all work out, i really wanted to go and support this event, i thought it was a wicked line up for the uk but i just couldnt get ppl to go, they all presume for what ever reason that as its on in the uk there well be to many rules and regulations and wouldnt be as good as abroad.
    and that's exactly how it was! :)

the uk just isnt the place for big festivals with lineups of that magnitude, with the odd exceptions like Glade and to be fair, alot of festivals in London always seem to be really, really well run, if a little dodgy and camp lineup wise

BOA Lifetime Member

and to be fair where's the potential when, apparently, half the artists advertised where not booked in the first place, or certainly there wasnt the money available to 100% secure the services in the first place, in which case they shouldnt of been advertised.

i dont think anyone can defend the promoter here to be honest

BOA Lifetime Member

Englands music scene is a lot more prone to fashion, and unfortunately techno is pretty much out of fashion.
    So we have less support and fewer numbers to support such big festivals anyway.
    I think this was run more in the lines of, lets earn as much money as we can, rather than correctly assessing the scene and market.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

the big pork pie

Quite simply put, if the techno DJ's and PA's advertised on the flyer where there, performing on the outdoor stage (which had an awesome system), with that sun, it would have been the best thing ever. And thats a fact.

BOA Lifetime Member

Always seems to me that there are more Techno fans in Holland, Germany etc. In the Uk Techno just isn't that popular. Any Techno club night I go to is always half full, and tho people love it, the crowds are never there. From what I understand, Techno clubs in Europe are much busier and more popular.
    Maybe we just don't have a big enough scene to support large events like this? We can't sell enough tickets, so we can't pay for the artists, so it doesn't work.

This is NO excuse for what happened at Antiworld, just a thought in general.
    Do big events in Germany etc work out better cos they have a bigger fan base?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse View Post
    Really?

i disagree with this, we work at 6 or 7 festivals every year and 90% of these are sold out - those that aren't are seeing increasing ticket sales every year

I think timing is critical - it is very close to the glade and not long after glastonbury (alot of folks will still be on site there).

The other major factor is don't run before you can walk - 15 000 people is a lot for your first festival. Ok so they couldn't have used that venue but i'm sure there are others. If you start smaller and gain a reputation for being a well organised event then you can grow. The glade was in it's third year last year and only just hit 15 000, it's an extremly well organised event and is always oversubscribed. Also they'd done their stage at glastonbury first - thus meaning they already had their foot in the door with the festival community - unfortunatly antiworld hasn't really been seen as part of the 'festival circuit' and will therefore not attract a certain amount of people who travel event to event.

I think the uk has got the market for events of this kind - the bloc weekender was a huge success - but they do need to be organised and thought out properly.

BOA Lifetime Member

But are those general "dance" music festivals, like Creamfileds, Global gathering etc?
    This festival had quite a heavy tilt towards techno, much more so than other festivals such as Glade. Could that be why it was so undersold??

Junior Freak

all different - but they all still work. The thing about a festival is that is it about much more than just the music. Hell the big green gathering and shambala don't even release line ups and they still do really well. I don't think it's about what music you decide to put on it's about getting the scale right and creating a 'whole event'

BOA Lifetime Member

I disagree. "Nobody listens to techno..."
    He is a c*nt, but he has a point!
    How many thousands of people go to see Tiesto? And how many go to see Robert Natus (who?!).
    More commercial lineups will always attract more people. That's the nature of the beast.
    Even the scally mongos in my office are all talking about Creamfields, and who they want to see there. You think they have even heard of half of the Techno artists on the Antiworld lineup? No way.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by robin m View Post
    I missed your set... it was such a shambles that nobody knew who was playing and where so we missed even the few things that did still happen.

I'd normally agree that message boards aren't the place for slagging off - but as someone who paid a shitload for this fiasco instead of going to glade for eg I feel completely justified in it... there was no way that weekend was anywhere near worth the (considerable) cost and there's absolutely no ****ing way I'll ever think about going to another event that's got the antiworld name anywhere near it.

Fair enough there's a learning curve - and fair enough some of the lineup getting pulled - but for absolutely nobody on the bill showing up and the whole thing being axed a day early? The more I think about it, sod keeping quiet - I'm furious...
    Coulddn't agree more! I was completely gutted as I was un-decided whether to go to Glad again or Go to Antiworld! what a mistake. It seemed like it was run by a group of amateurs, they can't be ****ing up like that when people are paying £100 for a ticket! Just well gutted I'm missing Glade now! :-(

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast