Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

yup technics are well over rated the highest you can get pitch wise is 12+/- innit and thats only if u get the special modified ones normaly there only 8...deff prefur the vestax esp if you like your techno cause not all tunes can be played at 8 +/-

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Rhythm View Post
    yup technics are well over rated the highest you can get pitch wise is 12+/- innit and thats only if u get the special modified ones normaly there only 8...deff prefur the vestax esp if you like your techno cause not all tunes can be played at 8 +/-
    NOT all tunes should be played at +12 either.

BOA Lifetime Member

Exactly my thoughts.

BOA Lifetime Member

some strange views here

when it boils down to it, Technics have a monopoly on the decks market for one reason, because they are the best. They have barely changed in god knows how many years, and thats because they are quite simply, overall, the best deck on the market.

without sounding condescending, ive played some of the biggest clubs in the UK and only once have i had to use anything other than technics, they were Vestax and whilst being good enough, in terms of build, feel, performance etc they just didnt even come close. Vestax are however great decks, but the amount of people i know with dodgy or troublesome Vestax far outweighs that of Technics owners.

and i certainly would NEVER even contemplate switching on a KAM deck, mate really do not waste your money on anything by KAM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    and i certainly would NEVER even contemplate switching on a KAM deck, mate really do not waste your money on anything by KAM
    yes i am hearing that. however what if these new Kam decks are really good, i mean i havent tried them, have you?

BOA Lifetime Member

as someone who really knows their shit, i hold nothing but complete trust in the following statement :

ALL Kam products are complete shit and its for that reason they are, quite literaly, the bottom of the barrell of the audio equipment world

:)

seriously, KAM are absolutely, categorically woeful

Banned

as someone who really knows their shit, i hold nothing but complete trust in the following statement :

ALL Kam products are complete shit and its for that reason they are, quite literaly, the bottom of the barrell of the audio equipment world

:)

seriously, KAM are absolutely, categorically woeful
    i bet you havent even bothered to look at the link to the decks i put up?

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy View Post
    NOT all tunes should be played at +12 either.
    yeah i know i was only saying

BOA Lifetime Member

i've got a pair of Vestax PDX 2000's and they're the nuts...

but as everyone has already stated they handle totaly different to Technics, which is grim if you're not used to switching between both and then you need to play out, as most clubs are gonna have Technics and you may struggle...

would recommend the 2000's to anyone though, quality deck...
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    i bet you havent even bothered to look at the link to the decks i put up?
    of course i did, mr presumptious

they look shit

there is genuinely no reason when buying decks to just not buy either Technics or Vestax, with personal preference being Technics.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Rhythm View Post
    yeah i know i was only saying

;)

Sorry, you got the rough end of my annoyance at people who play at stupid speeds...

BOA Mod

some strange views here

when it boils down to it, Technics have a monopoly on the decks market for one reason, because they are the best. They have barely changed in god knows how many years, and thats because they are quite simply, overall, the best deck on the market.

without sounding condescending, ive played some of the biggest clubs in the UK and only once have i had to use anything other than technics, they were Vestax and whilst being good enough, in terms of build, feel, performance etc they just didnt even come close. Vestax are however great decks, but the amount of people i know with dodgy or troublesome Vestax far outweighs that of Technics owners.

you missed the point about technics decks.

Try and get a pair of vestax serviced, or even a centre that even KNOWS how to repair them, or will look at them without charging you first.

Parts are available for technics and fairly cheapply to, and they're easy to fit yourself.

thats why technics get my vote.

BOA Mod

due that is the reason i sold my techn ics, the torque motor isn't strong enough, it's too much like hard work.
    trust me i have used stanton st-150's and vestax pdx 2000 and they are far superior.
    im looking for some new decks at the moment, and i may be thinking of buying some new Kams ( don't laugh !! ), their top of the range turntable - is the business, really strong torque and everything else aswell. and for a good price.

http://www.kam.co.uk/products/turntables/prod6.htm

i can pick these up for 480 for the pair including postage, includes carts and styli aswell.
    got a stainless steel chassis, i think they look great. much better than any of the decks out on the market.
    It looks good for the money like IDJ say, but id really like a go before i made my mind up.

BOA Lifetime Member

without sounding condescending, ive played some of the biggest clubs in the UK and only once have i had to use anything other than technics, they were Vestax and whilst being good enough, in terms of build, feel, performance etc they just didnt even come close. Vestax are however great decks, but the amount of people i know with dodgy or troublesome Vestax far outweighs that of Technics owners
    I've played at clubs all over the country, and frequently on knackered 1210's with sloppy pitch faders. Part of the problem with their ubiquity is the fact that people are under the illusion that they are indestructible, and therefore never need servicing or the parts replacing.

You can muddle your way round a shoddy technics though, even with a worn pitch fader you can adapt quitckly. Suppose thats why people never bother to service them.

I love my vestax, best deck I've ever played on. The people who ran the rig at my uni were audiophile geeks and its the only thing they would use as part of their ludicrously over-spec'd setup. Also meant getting used to cloud mixers - great for sound, rubbish for performance.

Vestax are arguably better decks from an audio perspective. The later vestax models (pdx d3x, pdx2000) were much better than the original 1210 models. However they just don't have the rugged workhorse feel of technics.

I'd avoid KAM's mate. They're a company built on making cheap copies using low grade components that they can sell as entry level products. Kinda like the behringer of the turntable world. I'd be suspicious of even their premium line of products because of this - their business is cheap and mass market, not quality.

You owe yourself better! Try the vestax, think you might find what you are looking for there if you are tired of technics.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    I've played at clubs all over the country, and frequently on knackered 1210's with sloppy pitch faders. Part of the problem with their ubiquity is the fact that people are under the illusion that they are indestructible, and therefore never need servicing or the parts replacing.

You can muddle your way round a shoddy technics though, even with a worn pitch fader you can adapt quitckly. Suppose thats why people never bother to service them.

I love my vestax, best deck I've ever played on. The people who ran the rig at my uni were audiophile geeks and its the only thing they would use as part of their ludicrously over-spec'd setup. Also meant getting used to cloud mixers - great for sound, rubbish for performance.

Vestax are arguably better decks from an audio perspective. The later vestax models (pdx d3x, pdx2000) were much better than the original 1210 models. However they just don't have the rugged workhorse feel of technics.

I'd avoid KAM's mate. They're a company built on making cheap copies using low grade components that they can sell as entry level products. Kinda like the behringer of the turntable world. I'd be suspicious of even their premium line of products because of this - their business is cheap and mass market, not quality.

You owe yourself better! Try the vestax, think you might find what you are looking for there if you are tired of technics.
    One thing i cannot abide with the vestax is that blody pitch fader, if you blow on the damn thing it moves, the slightest touch and it flies away.

I know this is a good ting too, but on balance i like a pitch fader with some pressure behind it. This is the reason: When attempting to alter something, a dia or a fader our fingers get tense to ensure maximum muscle control - therefore something that needs a bit of pressure to alter feels like it has more control rather than something sloppy which (athough possibly more adjustable) feels harder manipulate...

my 2p

BOA Lifetime Member

Know exactly what you mean.

Mine are ok though, decent bit of resistance and a digital readout, so you know exactly what you've done. That and you can adjust the sensitivity from +/-3 to +/-12.

Plus I love the joystick. Much nicer to give a track a bump with, makes handling the platter seem crude by comparison.

BOA Mod

Well at the end of the day - if the mix is wicked, then its wicked!

Banned

Know exactly what you mean.

Mine are ok though, decent bit of resistance and a digital readout, so you know exactly what you've done. That and you can adjust the sensitivity from +/-3 to +/-12.

Plus I love the joystick. Much nicer to give a track a bump with, makes handling the platter seem crude by comparison.
    your decks look awesome. cant get my head around what they do though.
    you play vinyl on them?

Banned

well i have a few bids on at the moment for some PDX 2000 and some Stanton str8 150s.
    My two closest friends have the stanton 150 and vestax and i love using either of them over technics.
    i quite excited really. on ebay the technics even secondhand seem ludcrously over-priced whilst the vestax and stanton, even those in near mint condiiton go for a steal.

BOA Lifetime Member

your decks look awesome. cant get my head around what they do though.
    you play vinyl on them?
    Play vinyl and use final scratch with them.
    Highly recommended.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast