Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Supreme Freak

Default vestax or technic????

wonder what would you choose to play on gig. me 1210 shit roox

BOA Mod

Technics 1200, not 1210's, lighter platter - beter for scratching.
    CDJ1000mk3 for CD playback

Junior Freak

I have had a set of 1200's, two sets of 1210 mk2s & now have the Vestax PDX2000's - the Technics are a lot tougher but the Vestax are a certainly a bit different - seem easier to use & more functions, +50% etc - definate value for money!

I am sticking with the Vestax for now until I can afford the mk5's.

BOA Lifetime Member

Personally I prefer technics myself because I like the way the pitch feels. Vestax have more a cd player style feel to their pitch. Although they are excellent turntables too. Just depends on what you like most, and what suits your needs best.

Junior Freak

I know what you mean when you say that abot the pitch - just takes a bit of getting used to.

Supreme Freak

your right about this pitch, technics are more sensitive imo. i also luv technic appearance. It looks wery nice with djm600 :D

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by StoQ View Post
    your right about this pitch, technics are more sensitive imo. i also luv technic appearance. It looks wery nice with djm600 :D
    have you actually used & seen the Vestax - they are a lot more sensitive than technics & look ten times better

Supreme Freak

yeah played vestax . maybe theyre more precise but i mean you have to put more force on it. i like technics appearance more ;] cheers

BOA Lifetime Member

I've got pdx-d3s

They're great, lovely decks, superior tone arm, good pitch control and the idea of a joystick jogwheel is excellent.

Problem being - not that many places have them. I learned on technics so no bother to me when playing out elsewhere, but its hassles when you get used to one system switching to another.

Would probably get mk5 if I bought decks now, its just easier having the industry standard. Happy with my DJM 600 for the same reason.

BOA Lifetime Member

to be honest,im really stuggling with my technics,regarding consistensy.some times im excellent,sometimes i have to do plenty of wrestling.really frustrating.with my old crappy geminis i was spot on,but the technics pitch control is very stiff so its hard to adjust,i think this is the problem.maybe technics arent for me? are vestax diffrent in this respect??

BOA Lifetime Member

The pitch isn't as stiff with vestax, but to be honest it just comes down to getting used to the fader.

I always found technics easy enough to mix on, just hated the click in the middle and found +8-8 a bit limiting. The new models don't have this and are pretty much perfect.

BOA Lifetime Member

yup click in the middle is a shitter.i dunno maybe its just me.

BOA Mod

Love technics for mixing

Vestax for scratching.

but only provided they are setup properly, and its rare that decks are set up right.

Junior Freak

turntables - technics mixer - vestax

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie View Post
    to be honest,im really stuggling with my technics,regarding consistensy.some times im excellent,sometimes i have to do plenty of wrestling.really frustrating.with my old crappy geminis i was spot on,but the technics pitch control is very stiff so its hard to adjust,i think this is the problem.maybe technics arent for me? are vestax diffrent in this respect??

due that is the reason i sold my techn ics, the torque motor isn't strong enough, it's too much like hard work.
    trust me i have used stanton st-150's and vestax pdx 2000 and they are far superior.
    im looking for some new decks at the moment, and i may be thinking of buying some new Kams ( don't laugh !! ), their top of the range turntable - is the business, really strong torque and everything else aswell. and for a good price.

http://www.kam.co.uk/products/turntables/prod6.htm

i can pick these up for 480 for the pair including postage, includes carts and styli aswell.
    got a stainless steel chassis, i think they look great. much better than any of the decks out on the market.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy View Post
    Love technics for mixing

Vestax for scratching.

but only provided they are setup properly, and its rare that decks are set up right.
    don't i know it :;

Banned

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/pla...dx2300pro.html

theses are decks i would want ideally.
    black 2300 pdx mk2 pros

stuff dreams are madeof

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

don't get the KAM's aratron they're shit, the specs might look good, but they're cheap for a reason, they're in the same standard as the numarks, they use alot of the same components apparently, which is why they look similar, and they're supposed to be shit, get technics or vestax
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man View Post
    don't get the KAM's aratron they're shit, the specs might look good, but they're cheap for a reason, they're in the same standard as the numarks, they use alot of the same components apparently, which is why they look similar, and they're supposed to be shit, get technics or vestax
    would have to be vestax, i ve got a bid on ebay for a pair of vestax at the minute

Ultimate Freak

Yeah i also agree with the Techs, personally think they are well over-rated. I can mix on them but i still prefer my old numarks and they mix like a dream. So my Numarks are being kept and the Techs are being sold to fund for some cdj's.

Each to their own i suppose
    Last edited by DJCraig Ryan; 08-07-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast