Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    if its crap then why are these people not posting anymore?

i know you've blasted quite a few fatcollective tracks b4 yet these tracks go on to get released on big labels.. weird how that works eh?

good music is just goos music.. the public buy the records no matter what you or i say about them on hereand the public have bought many of the fatcollectives records..

if, like you claim, content is subjective, then how is comparing a certain style to another producers "all about production"?

you only need to look over your older posts to see this happening.

ah I see where this was going. thought so
    Well, it was only the fat collective, and this was probably about a year and a half ago when they were posting up about a new track a day, which all sounded the same to me.
    I still think what they were doing then was very much mimicking the LondonTechno Mafia, they were wearing their influences on their sleeves. Still do to a certain degree in some productions, although some of them have developed their own take on the sound now, and all power to them.
    And I never commented whether it would sell or not, sales don`t mean a hell of a lot to me.
    I don`t hold sales to be anything to do with good music.
    Otherwise hideous manufactured bands like Girls Aloud wouldn`t sell so many records.

However, apart from that, I never really got on the content tip too much.
    If I do it`s generally for a very strong reason.

anyway this all goes onto the point about fragile egos.
    If you put your tracks up in a place where people can comment on them, expect people to comment on them, and don`t always expect to be happy with the comments.
    Otherwise put your tracks up on myspace and remove the comments option.

Now

why do we need a mod in here?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Deceptacon

we need a mod here to try and keep things flowing.. we need someone who's prepared to comment on tracks.. no matter who they're from. a lot of tracks just dissappear in here from newer people to the forum and they probably wont come back again because they think "why should i bother if i just get ignored"

and no matter how many times we all say we'll do it.. we dont.

at least a mod can take on some responsibility for this..

and also organising remixs comps etc.. so what if it didnt work b4. does that mean we just give up on it?

Supreme Freak

we need a mod here to try and keep things flowing.. we need someone who's prepared to comment on tracks.. no matter who they're from. a lot of tracks just dissappear in here from newer people to the forum and they probably wont come back again because they think "why should i bother if i just get ignored"
    thats a good shout Rhythmtech.

i've only been posting here for 6 months, and i'd agree that the moderators should be commenting on all tracks regardless.....it gets the ball rolling...you usually find if 1 person gives decent constructive feedback then other comments follow.

ive posted tracks on other forums after giving feedback to members just to 'be ignored' and yeh i dont post on them anymore simple as.

and as for remixing. it would be cool to have that option. i browsed way back in the archives and this sort of thing was going on a lot.

bring it back i say.:; :;
    Ah the glorious tunnock......chocolate......caramel....wafer.....a nd a grinning boy:lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

but i personally know at least 7/8 people that arent bothered posting up here because of YOUR small minded comments about their production..
    i have never really felt that steves comments were unfair. fact of the matter is Production is a never ending adventure, and we need comments like his, to outline any possible mistakes and work on them. plus theyre just comments... if u dont want to follow them, dont.... same for anyones comments..

ive said it before, but i owe alot to the 'negative' comments posted on my tracks from the start... if it wasnt for them, id still be clashing basslines with kickdrums and all sorts.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

not had time to read all of this yet apart from the first couple of posts, will do tomorrow.

Im not a fan of the rating system though, as Scott says it would probably result in fewer posts in here, as people will feel they've contributed by just pressing a button saying they like it, or they don't.

Yes it's been quiet in here for a while, but so has every other section of the forum really.

When i first joined i was in here everyday listening to tunes and giving feedback, but lack of time and some people getting upset over criticism means i had quite a long break from visiting this section (even though i am a mod in here:ohdear: )

i am slowly starting to visit here more though, especially as we now have some new posters posting tracks
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Administrator

wow, it's all went off there then. calm down ya fukas!!!

well i don't post in here alot, purely because of time. but it doesnt means i don't care what happens here. from what i read in here yesterday, everyone's feedback on ppl tracks has been brilliant, really constructive and really useful. i think this place is no different to each time i've bobbed on over the years, a great range of music. i just wanna give it more purpose. i think you're right, if i come on here every month and take the best 1 or 2 tracks for the BOA Radio thing, then there ya go, we have a reason and a goal for ppl to aim for.

i'm try to aim for an ftp upload thing and i'll get more involved. as for a mod, well in my experience here, the more mods getting actively involved, the better. i think it's a good idea baz, i will give it more thought over the weekend and let's talk next week!!!

:)

BOA Lifetime Member

Well it`s cyclic, I think I`ve probably been active in this place longer than most.
    4 years here now.
    It dips and troughs.
    We`ve had many many remix comps
    Many stickies with other incentives etc
    None of it makes much odds to what goes on in here, it just depends on activity at the time.
    In my opinion, a place like this, where we are dealing with subjectivity needs less mods, especially connected to production, because it will end up tightening rules and turning the place into a reach around fest.

If you want to comment more on tracks, comment more on trakcs, you don`t need to be a mod to do it.

Best thing you can do mark, is sort out a some server space so people can post their tracks and hotlink.

If there was more tracks hosted this way, I`d probably make more of an effort to help out again for sure.

But really, there`s nowt wrong with the place, it just happnes to be a little quite at this particular time when you have popped in.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    wow, it's all went off there then. calm down ya fukas!!!

well i don't post in here alot, purely because of time. but it doesnt means i don't care what happens here. from what i read in here yesterday, everyone's feedback on ppl tracks has been brilliant, really constructive and really useful. i think this place is no different to each time i've bobbed on over the years, a great range of music. i just wanna give it more purpose. i think you're right, if i come on here every month and take the best 1 or 2 tracks for the BOA Radio thing, then there ya go, we have a reason and a goal for ppl to aim for.

i'm try to aim for an ftp upload thing and i'll get more involved. as for a mod, well in my experience here, the more mods getting actively involved, the better. i think it's a good idea baz, i will give it more thought over the weekend and let's talk next week!!!

:)
    sounds good mark..

just to re-itterate. im not pushing for it myself but i am willing to do it if you want.. my "job" lets me be on here all day anyway.

but whats more important is to get someone, no matter who it is, thats willing and able to put the time in.

Supreme Freak

"Best thing you can do mark, is sort out a some server space so people can post their tracks and hotlink."

here here
    Ah the glorious tunnock......chocolate......caramel....wafer.....a nd a grinning boy:lol:

The Demon Beast

well aint that great for you..

but i personally know at least 7/8 people that arent bothered posting up here because of YOUR small minded comments about their production.. if it doesnt fit steve's idea of whats "diverse" or "differant" then its obvioulsy just another davethedrummer clone.

im not getting into a slagging match but this is a fact.

and if any of those people wish to comment then go ahead.. they know who they are.
    I have to stand behind this statement 210%
    Even after it was publicly stated by yourself that according to you I do not handle criticism well, I could not see how that made sense considering I have not posted publicly here in two years.
    So I have recently decided to post a new track on here which when I have, has not been reviewed much, so the ear of someone who would be objective and would review each track I think is a bonus to Blackout based on the fact that no matter what you are making someone will give you sound audio advice, without the well this is not experimental enough and has no logical progression to it. Audio advice being the key point of the Techno Production Forum. Artistic development may be a different basis for review altogether. You cannot tell a painter what to paint, but you can teach them how to.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

all this toys out the pram shit can be summed in basically between 2 choices. Them being....

a) post your tracks up for constructive criticism
    b) dont post your tracks up for constructive criticism

it genuinely, honestly is that simple when you think about it. New Mod's and all that rubbish just people trying to justify wasting too much time online, its pretty much null and void in a forum like this one, where barring the odd heated discussion, there is just genuinely not much need, if any at all, for a mod. Everything that has been mentioned here has been done, many, many times before, and with usually negative ending. There were certain mod's who thought it put them above others etc when they didnt have the skills to back up the talk etc, it just creates the invisible hierarchy, which, according to most, is something we definately need less of here

seriously ive been here now for about 5, maybe 6 years (its longer than 4 steve!!!) and this place goes in cycles as already said. Everything in techno slows down at this time of the year, from sales to releases, to events etc, it makes perfect sense that its not exactly booming in here. The other forums arent exactly overcrowded at the moment either to be honest

you should just genuinely let this place carry on how it is mark, as all the kerfuffle just creates an illusion that there are more problems here than there genuinely are

The Demon Beast

Well regardless of what Scott has posted I beg to differ.
    I do believe appointing a Mod that will review everything that is posted with an objective point of view will only add to the value of the "Production Forum."
    Products, Companies, Movements, and such do not progress without providing reasoning for change. The expressed objection or request or want should display the interest in a new approach, therefore the consideration for something new to be appointed should not be ignored.

Take into consideration
    "A belief that having continuous success in the same area makes you believe too much in your own power, which harms your creativity"

The challenge facing the administrators of this forum seeking to implement revolutionary change within the organization is to manage that change outside the straitjacket of the existing bureaucracy, procedures and norms.
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overfiend View Post
    Well regardless of what Scott has posted I beg to differ.
    I do believe appointing a Mod that will review everything that is posted with an objective point of view will only add to the value of the "Production Forum."
    Products, Companies, Movements, and such do not progress without providing reasoning for change. The expressed objection or request or want should display the interest in a new approach, therefore the consideration for something new to be appointed should not be ignored.

Take into consideration
    "A belief that having continuous success in the same area makes you believe too much in your own power, which harms your creativity"

The challenge facing the administrators of this forum seeking to implement revolutionary change within the organization is to manage that change outside the straitjacket of the existing bureaucracy, procedures and norms.
    man, i think your reading way too much into what is essentially a group of friends listening to each others music

and you cant expect a mod to review EVERY track that gets posted, thats just stupid and quite selfish. No one is under obligation to listen to and comment on everything, or anything for that matter, thats get posted. Which is why its a nice personal thing when people DO comment, with whatever they choose to put. With the amount of tracks getting posted here you'd be talking a few hours a day of someones time, and from my experience everyone here has other jobs and stuff they need to dedicate time too, and it wouldnt be nice if someone was starting to feel guilty about being a mod and not actually being ABLE to check everything that was posted.

and please dont use the expression "regardless of what scott says" as your indicating that i somehow insinuate what im typing is gospel. It's not, its just the voice of experience within these forums. Ive seen this exact thread practically many times over the years, just with different usernames doing the typing :)

BOA Lifetime Member

I hate to state the obvious, but anyone can post and review reguluarly.
    Suddenly being a mod doesn`t give you magic powers that allows you to comment on everything.
    If people want to comment, then comment, sticking another mod on here won`t matter.
    Will the mod be under orders to review all music posted?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    and please dont use the expression "regardless of what scott says" as your indicating that i somehow insinuate what im typing is gospel. It's not, its just the voice of experience within these forums. Ive seen this exact thread practically many times over the years, just with different usernames doing the typing :)
    I stated such terminology to point out I disagreed specifically with your text.

In regards to the text written by Dirty Bass, I would think that whatever tasks are to be assigned to the new Mod would appointed by the admin themselves.
    There are suggestions which we as a group may or could give, but ultimately those kind of decisions would made by them.
    I was just stating that contributing, through the execution of strategies, organizational objectives, and the mission of this forum, are or should be the standards by which the forum could be managed.
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

I stated such terminology to point out I disagreed specifically with your text.

In regards to the text written by Dirty Bass, I would think that whatever tasks are to be assigned to the new Mod would appointed by the admin themselves.
    There are suggestions which we as a group may or could give, but ultimately those kind of decisions would made by them.
    I was just stating that contributing, through the execution of strategies, organizational objectives, and the mission of this forum, are or should be the standards by which the forum could be managed.
    thats fair enough, could of been worded somewhat better i thought that's all....

as for the rest, nah man, a mod should be here just to make sure things are ticking over nicely, sort out any disagreements etc, not run the place and be certainly shouldnt expected to review every single track posted or even be given certain instructions, there are protocol to follow of course but i think this is all getting way over the top now

BOA Lifetime Member

Organisational objectives?
    Jesus, I thought we would just listen to a few tracks, talk about them, offer some production advice now and again.
    I turn my back for 5 minutes, and suddenly the place turns into Starbucks

I`ll have a skinnychinnychino please.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

The Demon Beast

Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

awesome film, im going to have to dig that out on VHS tommorow been a few years now!

classic

BOA Lifetime Member

Stallone at his oscar worthy best.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast