Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Demon Beast

Nothing beats seeing someone guzzle a gallon of Valvoline before an arm wrestling match.

Back en focus.
    What I think is that this forum is one of the premier techno forums out there.
    Why not reconfigure this forum to be somewhat of a techno school.
    RIght now it's like there is no foucs of authority and accountability, and the organization functions are kind of overlapping. Care should be taken to ensure members of this forum would be given a voice in the new Mod selection and role process. A project like this would create a direct means of creating value for the members of this forum, as well as users that wish to join the forum. Who would not like to learn how to produce in a stronger and more effective manner, by the likes of the talent that frequent this establishment?

Will there be a demand for a new system in which everyones work was reviewed and creatively critiqued?

Yes

Will the new system survive in regards to offering more than maybe other fourms could or would?

Yes

Will the system ultimately provide a satisfactory return on investment (of time) to the organization (Blackout Audio)?

Yes, the quality of work and better music coming from the group will be obvious.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

I still don`t see how any of this psychobabble is any different to how things have always been.

People posting tracks
    People either listening and feeding back, or not.
    Sure, pop in a mod, someone of even temperament like Dan would be handy I`m sure. Maybe Force (Darren) or Rory, both seem very even tempered.

But for all the talk, you will still get the same dips and peaks in interest, and a new mod, will probably not make a huge difference to input and output.
    Maybe as before it will make a difference for a month, or 2 at a stretch, then things will go back to the normal cycle.

I`ve peaked in at this place over the last year, but basically stayed out of interacting with in, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with how it is.

Maybe an open topic for suggested improvements as a sticky would help?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Deceptacon

personally i think that you're looking at what a mod could do in the wrong light.

this forum doesnt need an overseer.. just someone who's willing to take things that little bit further than just commenting on the odd track.

for someone so forward thinking you've got a very adverse reaction to a section you didnt seem to bothered about until this afternoon.

and just as an aside, (and i know rory or darren would do a great job), what has level headedness got to do with moderating a section that doesnt need that perticular style of moderation?
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 13-07-2007 at 10:49 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

I think Rory is actually the perfect choice. Just my humble opinion Baz...but I see your point too.

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by messanger View Post
    I think Rory is actually the perfect choice. Just my humble opinion Baz...but I see your point too.
    im not making a point to get the job

im just saying that the modding skillz needed in other forums arent needed in here

BOA Lifetime Member

I think level headedness is more important than ever, as this part of the forum contains peoples personal work, and is easily open to abuse (by the mods too)
    that`s why dan was such a good choice for this place, most even tempered guy on the board.

I have never said I wasn`t bothered about this section, this and the prod section are the most important part of it for me, always have been.
    I simply don`t have the time to listen to everything like I used to.
    However, I`ve still kept up with things, doing a good dig around all the files posted once or twice a month.

I mean sure, more activity is great, but again, what is one person(a mod) posting all the time, there`s no balanced opinion if it`s just them.
    Loads of people from here email me or pm me anyway, so the prod files section kinda comes to me anyway, without having to actually go there.

I`m fairly sure mark will wack in a new mod in here anyway, I hope he makes the right choice, however, as the eternal devils advocado, I will always stand against the tide.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Ultimate Freak

As Steve and Scott and others have said... Everything in here is cyclical.
    We've tried everything to "push the boundaries" of this part of the forum... fact of the matter is, it just doesn't matter.
    Only thing that matters is that people post tracks and others comment. Last time I checked you don't need to be a mod to do that.
    I for one have been out of town the last few weeks and am in the process of moving across the country and getting my ducks in a row, so I can't personally sit here and listen to everything that everyone posts.
    However I am trying to come in when I do have time, when I'm at home (listening on shitty earbuds in the middle of a coffee shop doesn't really help anyone now does it?), and hold no discrimination to style nor skill.

It's the summer time... people will be less busy soon, and more in their studios both making stuff and listening to others' work.

I think making it easier to post via ftp/web space or whatever is the best thing that can be done in here.
    Trying to listen to 10 tracks in a row and half of them don't download or are expired or whatever is just a waste of time.

There you go Mark... my two cents :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Xfive, this ftp/web idea is very good for the reasons you named.

Supreme Freak

Well I just wanted to say that, having only just come up to a level of competence production wise that I am just about comfortable with really, I'm glad that this section is here...:)

The couple of posts I have put up generated some very helpful feedback indeed... However, I do understand that the level of activity fluctuates somewhat i.e. posting a tune that gets over 100 views (hurrah!), then your next one only gets 24 (..boo!)...

So, for me, the realisation that activity fluctuates just means that I'll post up again at some other time, rather than me feeling overlooked...

Oh how I cryed...
    Strength in numbers...MySpace
    Music Links

BOA Lifetime Member

I can't speak for anyone else but the negativity of this section put me off for a long while.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else but the negativity of this section put me off for a long while.
    No pete, what put you off was everyone saying the same things about your tunes every time. Basic production advice, which you continously poo pooed.
    Although we did notice you took some of the advice on board everntually.

As is said above, if you just want a pat on the back, don`t post in a forum that by design is an open community for help and critique.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

No, It was the tone of it all. People were rather unpleasant to each other here.

The Demon Beast

Considerable emotion is involved whenever the subject of production and posting ones artwork comes up. The potential for problems for building a case for music are surrounded by formidable strategic issues that are displayed in the responses to the request for change in this sector. Until these strategic issues are resolved, or recognized, it is highly unlikely that any future resolve for revamping this section would be or could be launched. A passive safety as it relates to this section refers to the forum's ability to take advantage of inherent, natural characteristics to move itself into a safe condition without the need to moderate or set a predetermined moderator procedure to do the same.
    Wetworks

Administrator

i cant believe how i ask for a simple bit of advice on how to improve the section and it turns into everyone's personal problems with each other. damn, some of you really seem to have a few issues!!!

ok look, we need to focus of the positive here. actually i went on a whole page's worth of posts the other day and there was not the slagging that you small few are saying, i really saw nothing but good and ppl trying to help each other. i want to really work on this and find a way that ppl find it easier to post, the posts are moderated in the best way they can (ie admin'ed), and there's a bit more of a purpose.

i'm willing to give rhythmtech ago. he's a general nice guy, understands how ot put a track together and spends alot of time on here. AND he wants to do it. well give ppl i try i say and see what happens. why not? the reason why mods are needed is not cause they are 'better' that the members, it's cause they have a passion for the forum. rhythmtech definately does :)

well, i am defiintely feeling the ftp thing. i have to look into it (does anyone know a good way to do this in vbulletin??) and i will come on here each month and choose 1 or 2 tracks for the radio and post the results. actually if i get into the ftp thing this might enable me to make sections for samples, loops and perhaps ableton files ;)

anything else anyone can suggest would be wicked!!!

thanks everyone!!!

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    sections for samples, loops and perhaps ableton files
    that would be mega, mark.
    Ah the glorious tunnock......chocolate......caramel....wafer.....a nd a grinning boy:lol:

Deceptacon

thats cool mark.. but being honest you've not a thing to worry about.

me & steve dbass are cool.. we're both just hotheads with too much to say for ourselves

believe me, and he'll back me up here, theres nothing taken too seriously between us
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 15-07-2007 at 11:50 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overfiend View Post
    Considerable emotion is involved whenever the subject of production and posting ones artwork comes up. The potential for problems for building a case for music are surrounded by formidable strategic issues that are displayed in the responses to the request for change in this sector. Until these strategic issues are resolved, or recognized, it is highly unlikely that any future resolve for revamping this section would be or could be launched. A passive safety as it relates to this section refers to the forum's ability to take advantage of inherent, natural characteristics to move itself into a safe condition without the need to moderate or set a predetermined moderator procedure to do the same.
    Someone got a new thesaurus for their birthday.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    thats cool mark.. but being honest you've not a thing to worry about.

me & steve dbass are cool.. we're both just hotheads with too much to say for ourselves

believe me, and he'll back me up here, theres nothing taken too seriously between us
    Dunno what the **** you are on about mate, I think you`re a prize cunt, obviously, someone from here told me I did the other day, apparently to get on we have to all hug daily, and have sex, put our fingers in our ears when we disagree with anything and sing
    "Everyone in techno is a brother who we must have bum love with" over and over again.

:P
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

Anyway, to be honest mark, all I`m saying is that, despite your occasional visit to this part of the forum, I don`t think you really have seen how this place works long term. For a long time there were furtive discussions running around in pm`s actually discussing if you were aware of the amazing talent pool that has been through this place in the last 5 years.
    I`ve seen this place go up and down, and I`ve always kept an eye on it, although in the last year I`ve been less involved in the production tips etc.
    And, nothing is going on now, that hasn`t already happened, or will happen again, look at what your own mod has already said on the matter.
    So cool, Rythm gets to be mod no.3, and he`ll instigate some new things like mod 1, and then mod 2 did, with enthusiasm and the best of intentions, and they in turn will fizzle out and back again with the tides of this place.

Now I don`t mean any of this in a negative way at all, all I mean, is that this place is fine, and very healthy, and has a life of it`s own. New producers will turn up, they`ll develop their own little community here, learn enough to make their own way, and then move on. Then a new bunch will turn up, and on and on, just like it has been. Some of us will hang around, keep an eye on the new kids, spot some potential in some of them, and give em some advice.
    Those that show no potential generally float away after a while.

But it`s all tinkering, the basic mechanics are essentially this.

New producers posting tunes to get some advice, or to expose themselves to an audience.
    Reasonably to well experienced producers seeking fine tuning help and/or confirmation of problems they themselves have spotted.
    People who need a little ego boost by posting their tunes, wanting a pat on the back, and then moaning when given production advice, or when flaws in production are pointed out.

Those with similar ideals and tastes tend to hook up outside the site for collaborations and stuff.

That`s about it, you can post some remix competitions, and these have been done many many times, but eventually they fizzle out with waning interest.

I`m willing to bet come september-ish, things will pick up in here again, and activity will rise.

Now it`s no critisism really aimed at the new mod or you, but you`ll see, if you come back regularly, that this place has it`s own rythm.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    Someone got a new thesaurus for their birthday.
    Actually, someone just knows how to speak english.
    Wetworks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast