Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Newbie

Default Detroit Techno/House

Hi folks

Here is a link to my myspace account just posted a new track up called "movement" and there are 3 others on a similar tip. All the tracks are made on a mc909 and midi keyboard no pc's apart from to burn the audio to wave.

Feedback and comments welcome.

Cheers

http://www.myspace.com/abstractscience909

BOA Lifetime Member

movement:

nice deep stuff man! the sounds used are all very eerie and is right up my street when im on a deeper buzz! strings are vvery lush, and really work well with the other sounds.

production wise, i reckon you could get a bit more clinical witht he sound separation. the kick is nice n big at the beginning, and when the bass comes they sseem to overlap a bit... so maybe some EQ or Sidechaining would help you out there. once you start separatiing more you'll begin to feel the track open out a bit more.. leaving some space at the top end..

re: the reverb... if you are using reverb on a send track.. id say maybe drop it back 2-3dB just so it sits back in the mix a bit more as reverb can begin to wash a mix...

i really liek the tune itself. great deep stuf.. with warped movement/progression.. nice!!

BOA Newbie

Thanks for the constructive criticism stjohn. To be honest all my sounds stay within my groovebox so there's not really any sound seperation to speak of apart from the levels.

Ill try and play about with some eq on the kick and bass and see if that helps.

You are right about the reverb there is reverb on everything apart from the kick and the hats so ill need to chill out on that but there is also an effect on most of the percussion thats probably muddying the sound ill try and tone that down a a bit aswell.

Thanks again for listening.

Cheers

BOA Newbie

New tracks up on myspace more tougher techno this time as always Feedback and comments welcome.

BOA Lifetime Member

Prefer if you could post up links mate.

Can't really do myspace at work, and the sound quality is pretty dire anyway.