Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nfl Football

BOA Lifetime Member

Well the Cowboys trounced the Miami Dolphins and Green Bay beat the crap out of the Giants. Cincinnati and Cleveland had a belter of a game. Cleveland won 51-45. So far we have a killer game to go tonight New England vs. the Chargers and Washington vs the Eagles on Monday night.

<edit> and South Africa beat England in the Rugby World Cup. Hmmmm.
    You burned it, you donkey!

BOA Lifetime Member

Congrats Slav, your Patriots are IMO the best team in the NFL. The Colts are a close second, but the addition of Moss is the clincher.

M.O.D.

that was the first time i've laughed with TO since the pompoms celebration, which was pretty funny.

yeah we are crushing everyone. moss had another monster day. brady is completing 80% of his passes this season and will probably win the MVP unless he gets injured. it's lovely.

NFC is pretty interesting though. lions are 2-0!
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Dude! Greenbay is 2-0 and looks really strong! WTF? I thought Favre was 3/4 crippled and their defense was passable at best. I couldn't be more wrong. And what the hell is wrong with a team when they score 45 points and still loose. That was the battle of the inept defenses.

M.O.D.

i think he keeps coming back because he wants one last hurrah. wants to go out like elway and not like montana. plus break a few more records, of course. i mean, i doubt green bay will end up in the super bowl, but it's possible.

two other things...

a) how about that crazy browns-bengals game?!

b) how about how bad the saints look?

i knew at least one division winner from last year would tumble, and figured the saints might be the one, but so far they look awful.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm on another board with this cajun dude and he was almost in tears with how bad the Saints look this year. He's spouting crap like"Geaux LSU" in garish yellow and purple now instead of all the Saints bs. I feel like my retinas are seared. So much talent, so much suckage. Kind of like San Diego, but I think they(SD) have room to bounce back. The Saints seem so dejected that everything didn't gel together this year like it did last year that they have already given up. It's a shame too. I had them slated as my underdog team to root for this year. I think I might have to root for Tennessee. When the Saints win three in a row, I'll root for them again.
    BTW, what's with Seattle getting beat by SF in a clincher? I thought they were better than that?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    a) how about that crazy browns-bengals game?!
    Supremely horrid defense on both sides. It was a matter of whose defense sucked worse.
    b) how about how bad the saints look?
    See above.
    i knew at least one division winner from last year would tumble, and figured the saints might be the one, but so far they look awful.
    Once again, a few roles have been reversed. At this point, the Bears seem to have lost their place to GB(for how long I don't know), the Chargers are slacking(incredibly hard beginning schedule though) and the Saints have a hole in their hull and are quickly sliding towards the bottom and crush depth. And the Eagles don't look that solid in the NFC east. Tonight will be the decider on that one with Philly and Washington on Monday Night Football. I know Philly will win, but how well will they play? Can they stop Romo and T.O.? Can they run against the Cowboys massive line? Washington is built kind of like Dallas as a team. We will refer to them as Dallas Jr. from now on. How well the Philly linebackers(not many are better) can stop the run and not leave the middle open for the playaction pass is a big one. We raped the Giants on that one alone. Can they run against Philly? Can they contain McNabb? As McNabb does get older, he has been changing into more of a pocket Qb instead of the sprinter he used to be. That would be a problem if he didn't already have a great arm.

BOA Lifetime Member

Well in Fantasy, I'm in two leagues. One I'm in first overall and the second I'm in dead last. I'm pimptastic in both.
    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/504111
    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/574599

Ultimate Freak

watched the redskins and the eagles last night.:)

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm very disappointed in the Eagles performance. Their quarterback is top notch and has been playing like shit this year. The Redskins are the perennial punching bag for the NFC East conference and are undefeated so far. McNabb needs to step up and take charge like he is paid to do. ANd stop throwing like a rank ametuer.

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalboy View Post
    watched the redskins and the eagles last night.:)
    didn't catch it. any good?

also, don't most scots like the pittsburgh steelers? been trying to figure out why that is, but i have 3 scottish friends who all love the NFL and love the steelers.

Ultimate Freak

yeh it was a good game, but they show the game at 1.00 in the morning over here, because of the time differences. Not always easy if you've got work or somthing in the morning.

I like the steelers, not for any particular reason really, but Roethlisberger kicks ass.

M.O.D.

yeah he's really good. came from a small university too, which is why many teams were worried about his ability to compete in the nfl. but he's done a great job. as much as i shouldn't like the steelers, i do respect them for playing old school, nosebleed football.

BOA Lifetime Member

I was worried about their new coach Mike Tomlin, but he seems to be doing a good job in keeping up the standards around there since The Jaw retired. As long as they don't play the Cowboys, or affect their post season play, I'll root for them.

Junior Freak

Really looking forward to the Bills - NE game later...

Think it's going to be a very long season for us Bills fans!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123