Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default minimal minimal everywhere minimal.

no disrespect to it or anything....i do enjoy a good minimal track here and there.

but....it seems that its all the regular techno guys are making right now (aside from electro house). i go to sort through the record shops and mp3 shops and surf the techno section.....everything that is considered techno now is Minimal.....and when i listen to the minimal section, that music is even more minimal than the minimal they now call techno....

i've always been a dj who is diverse in when it comes to techno....but it seems like im going to have to start getting into ketamine to enjoy most of the stuff that is coming out lately. and if i look for some hard techno all i find really is REALLY HARD schranz....where is the happy medium techno i love so much?

BOA Lifetime Member

yet another whinging post

if you dont like minimal, why waste your time moaning about it?

There is tons of non-minimal techno out there if you just look

i really dont understand post's like this at all, i mean what were you hoping to achieve with this post? what did you want to say that hasnt been said about every subgenre within techno a million times before?
    Last edited by eyeswithoutaface; 14-09-2007 at 05:28 PM.

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post

if you dont like minimal, why waste your time moaning about it??? This place is the Victor Meldrew central at the moment.

There is tons of non-minimal techno out there if you got off your lazy ass and had a look instead of whinging

sorry but thats how it is, i learnt myself years ago there's no point moaning about something you dont like, so why waste your energy?
    Why don't you take your own advice then and quit whining about people whining about minimal because there's always going to be whiners? I don't know what's worse...a whiner or a self-righteous cock.

Minimal is what it is. Mathmatical, barren, pretty souless. It's only started to bug me as finds its way into house music. House on the soulful end, and minimal on the clinical end, The two just don't go together very well.
    Last edited by Sinister_Minister; 14-09-2007 at 05:32 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

no self-righteousness at all

just a low tolerance of people who seemingly dont have a great a grasp on their own tastes as they seem to think they do.

to quote "ive always been a dj who is diverse when it comes to techno" - shouldnt have any trouble finding stuff you want then surely???

just another rant about a genre that this person doesnt even like

like i say, i dont understand it, so why not try explaining the point of threads like this, what the aim of the thread etc etc instead of just jumping on the offensive because somebody said something which actually has a nip of truth in it?

no need to start calling people names, that'l only get you banned in the end mate, no need for it so chill yourself out
    Last edited by eyeswithoutaface; 14-09-2007 at 05:49 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Rob Hood is minimal. Whats wrong with rob hood? Oh thats right not that type of minimal.

Just buy all the great old records you havent got, if you cant find new stuff. Old tresor, old luke slater, old rob hood (minimal), basic channel(minimal), whatever. All the great middle stuff is out there new & old . Good records are never handed on a plate to you , you have to hunt them down.
    Last edited by massplanck; 14-09-2007 at 05:52 PM.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

if you dont like minimal, why waste your time moaning about it?

There is tons of non-minimal techno out there if you just look

i really dont understand post's like this at all, i mean what were you hoping to achieve with this post? what did you want to say that hasnt been said about every subgenre within techno a million times before?
    Bah your only saying that cos even your underpants are minimal these days.
    :devil:
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

i never said i dont like minimal. im just wondering why thats all everyone seems to be making/playing/listening to?

i guess there isnt much point to this post you are right but you dont need to be such a jerk about it

Ultimate Freak

maurizio/carlcraig/ianpooley/etc old mnml is good

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by anx View Post
    i never said i dont like minimal. im just wondering why thats all everyone seems to be making?

i guess there isnt much point to this post you are right but you dont need to be such a jerk about it
    try explaining the point of such randomly moaning threads and maybe you wont get people who are involved in the scene your berating giving you their opinions. It's the same for every subgenre, music bobs along in waves, one year everyone is making hard techno, the next everyone will be making tribal etc and it just repeats and repeats, that's how it goes. Those who truely love and have a commitement to making said style will always shine through and be there when those who jump the wagon are onto their next thing

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck View Post
    Rob Hood is minimal. Whats wrong with rob hood? Oh thats right not that type of minimal.

Just buy all the great old records you havent got, if you cant find new stuff. Old tresor, old luke slater, old rob hood (minimal), basic channel(minimal), whatever. All the great middle stuff is out there new & old . Good records are never handed on a plate to you , you have to hunt them down.
    exactly, where would the fun be in that if everything you wanted was handed to you on a plate? Looking for the records you want is always more fun, and usually throws up a few nice surprises that you didnt know you were looking for in the first place

BOA Lifetime Member

no disrespect to it or anything....i do enjoy a good minimal track here and there.

but....it seems that its all the regular techno guys are making right now (aside from electro house). i go to sort through the record shops and mp3 shops and surf the techno section.....everything that is considered techno now is Minimal.....and when i listen to the minimal section, that music is even more minimal than the minimal they now call techno....

i've always been a dj who is diverse in when it comes to techno....but it seems like im going to have to start getting into ketamine to enjoy most of the stuff that is coming out lately. and if i look for some hard techno all i find really is REALLY HARD schranz....where is the happy medium techno i love so much?
    I know what you mean. I am trying to produce stuff that would fit into that description. This trend won't go on forever and his brought us some great music already. This trend, as any other, will have to be beaten to death before it comes to a halt.

BOA Lifetime Member

try explaining the point of such randomly moaning threads and maybe you wont get people who are involved in the scene your berating giving you their opinions. It's the same for every subgenre, music bobs along in waves, one year everyone is making hard techno, the next everyone will be making tribal etc and it just repeats and repeats, that's how it goes. Those who truely love and have a commitement to making said style will always shine through and be there when those who jump the wagon are onto their next thing
    So true, mate, so true.

BOA Mod

todays techno scene is like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gP4Ih58Yzg

everyone's making minimal moves except for that one happy guy behind the keyboard hehe
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Newbie

No one called anyone names. Reread my post. It's the internet dude, wtf do you expect? People talk trite shit redundantly.

I like minimal sometimes, it serves a purpose. I wouldn't listen to it ever if I didn't then it wouldn't matter to me. All musical genres come in cycles, soon loopy hard tech will be the "in with the new and there'll be a new Guns N Roses type outfit shooting heroin in their necks and punching out prostitutes. Personally I'll take anything but Fall Out Boy:)

Peace

Junior Freak

are we arguing about arguing about the relative merits of minimal and "minimal"? john cage would be so proud of us!

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by echodek View Post
    are we arguing about arguing about the relative merits of minimal and "minimal"? john cage would be so proud of us!
    Nah dont be silly, cage hated minimal and nothingness towards the end of his life.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister_Minister View Post
    No one called anyone names. Reread my post. It's the internet dude, wtf do you expect? People talk trite shit redundantly.

I like minimal sometimes, it serves a purpose. I wouldn't listen to it ever if I didn't then it wouldn't matter to me. All musical genres come in cycles, soon loopy hard tech will be the "in with the new and there'll be a new Guns N Roses type outfit shooting heroin in their necks and punching out prostitutes. Personally I'll take anything but Fall Out Boy:)

Peace
    Thats awful

And a complete waste of a punch.

Junior Freak

Talking

My god someone who is as lost as me at the moment dont get me wrong i always find what im looking for but as well as djing i like clubbing and a good rocking night is hard to find elswhere thes days!!Dude i saw adam beyer at priveledge(thinking i might find a bit of purist)but to say i was disapointed is an understatement all the music he played sounded the same massive build up in the break and then when it kicks in it crashes back down to some sort of leaky tap dripping at the side of a microphone sound.

I was gonna leave but i thought id wait and give piccoto the benefit of the doubt,big mistake it was an absolute bag of shit but as long as these people dance to this stuff they'll keep producing it,dont get me wrong minimal in the build up of a set is good as long as you take it in to some nice groovy compressed synthy sort of stuff to get the set rocking but these guys take no higher than when they start,i did however catch jeff mills a few days earliar and had one of the best nights ive had in years pure detroit purveyed through three decks two cdjs and a drum machine that he slammed the hell out of!!!!Id look towards holland if i was you bas mooy,jeroen librigts,christian wunsch the list goes on,Glen wilson jon nuccle and mike humphries are also churning out good stuff still too imo........
    Last edited by tots; 16-09-2007 at 02:04 PM.

Junior Freak

Talking

Check this link and look at the poster you may find something to your liking there anx

www.myspace.com/joy_tots

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by koma View Post
    todays techno scene is like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gP4Ih58Yzg

everyone's making minimal moves except for that one happy guy behind the keyboard hehe
    Wicked reply there mate...haha!
    That guy with the synth sure does rock!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast