Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

First of all, there should be security staff padding down people in the entrance of the club to prevent this kind of shit. This is a thing I noticed in Spain as well, you can walk into any club, festival with whatever you got, knifes, guns, and security don't do shit... imagine some terrorist walks into a big festival like Monegros, 40,000 people and decides to blow himself up?

They should have enforced these rules, especially after what happened in Madrid in 2004.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Overfiend View Post
    This is why techno is shot in the states.

No more than two hours ago I was doing a live set at a homies art show.
    Graffiti art none the less
    It was a party and I was asked to play techno straight forward no bull techno
    Before me was an oldies dj who played old school classics.
    Then myself, so while I am in the middle of my set, some black kid comes up
    and says put some gangster shit on, meaning hip hop.
    Mind you I laughed it off, the kid was small and looked like an easy knockout.
    5 minutes later while I was surrounded by friends and rockin'
    The same kid comes back and repeats the same rhetortic
    This time lifting his shirt to show he was holding a piece.
    No more than two seconds afterwards my friend who just so happened to not be fond of that kind of individual pulls out his gun, of course the music stops
    and when you think this would end a party about two other kids within my social circle draw their weapons.

Is this what techno has been leveled to in the states?
    Needless to say I was well protected and did not bitch out
    I was talking smack the whole time, but I think it is pathetic to think that you
    could approach a dj or performer in such a manner to threaten them to play music that you want to hear.

I hate this place.
    Birthplace of techno?
    I can't tell.

brillaint more dead ****head americans, brilliant.

BOA Lifetime Member

Nah, I think the title isn't exactly accurate. Yes indeed you were playing techno, but you were not playing at a techno party. You were playing an event where you were the only techno performer. Not to meantion, you were playing for a bunch of gun toting, gangsta ass fools. You could have gotten a gun pulled on you there wether you were playing techno or not.

The fact of the matter is, this is not something which occurs at a normal Jam in Phoenix Arizona. And largely I don't think shit like this happens very often in the U.S. in other places either. Not within the techno or party scene.

For example my show last night, no issues.....Nice intimate location, drinks flowing, and no issues what so ever. Generally, the only people who have worry about guns shit are the dope dealers. As far as performers go, this usually doesn't happen.

Homie, I'm sorry that it went down like that...but it's the crowd you were with brother man. It really had nothing to do with the music. It was that you were playing it in a crowd of people with a mentality for violent behavior.

So let the moral of the story be....Most Gangsta's don't get down with Techno musik.

Don't worry either homie, just got hooked into the most posh spot in Arizona. Once things are cruising a bit, then I guarantee the "ZEITGEIST" movement will control the main dance floor. So don't be discouraged.
    Last edited by BRADLEE; 01-10-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Administrator

wow, this is nuts. but i've had my fair share of this crap in america. basically, the gun laws over there suck. security works totally differently.. the us ppl need to sort this. but also, i think techno is so bloody underground over there that you can easily find yourself playing at a party where ppl just dont like that sound. i've had so much hostility over there due to this but i thin ya gotta walk away if it happens. no sense in challenging. take ya message elsewhere :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Supreme Freak

i don't get that. i mean, what ****stick listens to a dj playing techno and even THINKS the dj has 50 cent type shit in his record box?

and to show a gun to have something played that he prolly has on cd at home. i mean, how ****ing lame. i really wanna get into a shooting match over ****ing MUSIC. really. guh.

i cannot even articulate how stupid this is.

sorry ya had to deal with that kinda lame shit.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    wow, this is nuts. but i've had my fair share of this crap in america. basically, the gun laws over there suck.
    Have you actually had a gun pulled on you for the musik you were playing though Mark? There is shady business of all types everywhere.

Although I do agree, guns are way to readily available to everyone here. But doesn't matter, even if guns are illegal for the normal public, criminals will still have them.

The fact of the matter is the people which he was surrounded by...it would not have occured otherwise.
    Last edited by BRADLEE; 01-10-2007 at 12:52 AM.

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    How do you live with yourself?
    Really?
    After you're little white power skit in metropolis
    Then your avatar which is extremely offensive to me that you would think to mock such an organization.
    Now this....
    You have to live in your own skin.
    I am not being confrontational at all, I am just saying reconsider your actions around Blackout.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Banned

How do you live with yourself?
    Really?
    After you're little white power skit in metropolis
    Then your avatar which is extremely offensive to me that you would think to mock such an organization.
    Now this....
    You have to live in your own skin.
    I am not being confrontational at all, I am just saying reconsider your actions around Blackout.
    your a member of organisation which is repsonsible for more fear and hate than myself. reconsider your own actions.
    do something about gun crime in your own country.

BOA Lifetime Member

Unbelievable and sad to hear,. Good thing is that you are still alive :)
    You have also a gun?
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

BOA Lifetime Member

Wow, I`ve had the odd asshole turn up to a gig, but pulling a gun on me for what I`m playing?
    Were you playing schranze bootlegs?
    If so, he was entirely justified.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

the big pork pie

:)

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    Wow, I`ve had the odd asshole turn up to a gig, but pulling a gun on me for what I`m playing?

Are you drnku again?

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post

:whoops:
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Mod

schranz bootleg of 50cent might satisfy him.

anyway, last time some guy pulled a knife in a club here, he ended up beaten by bouncers pretty badly. spent 4 days in coma etc. thats how you deal with troublemakers.
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

Parsnip

I didn't think I was going to need my piece at an event like that.
    Luckily for me the kids I was with were armed.
    The one kid had a Baretta that drew first, he just so happens to be a lil bit racist against that kind so it was more incentive for him to go there, but like I said the next thing a Mac comes out, then a shottie, then another couple of straps. I wasn't thinking of bringing a piece with me to be honest, I had brass knuckles in my pocket, but that would notstop a bullet would it.
    It's pathetic behavior, all I could think of was that if he would have got shot, I would have been witness to something even more escalated and I would never be ableto take the bar to become a lawyer.
    Good grief.

Sorry dude but the idea of carrying a weapon anywhere has never even entered my mind. I live in East London now, and I used to live in Nottingham - both of which are characterised by high levels of gun and knife crime - and even so it just doesn't figure in my day to day life.

I'm not criticising you, as obviously you know more about your environment than I do, but it absolutely blows my mind to hear someone talking so nonchalantly about carrying firearms and knuckledusters.

Obviously, it's absolutely lunatic to show a piece to add weight to your request to change the music, but to me it's pretty out there to even have one in the first place, much less take one to a rave.

I'm considering moving abroad to work, and one place that could be on the cards is New York, but shit like this really makes me reconsider.

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    Absolutely unnecessary Aratron. Please sort yourself out, for everyone else's sake if not your own.

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse View Post

I'm considering moving abroad to work, and one place that could be on the cards is New York, but shit like this really makes me reconsider.
    don't let this get in the way. new york is one of the safest big cities in the world at this point. less gun crime in manhattan than london now, though at a price of seeing the city a bit more sanitized and boring than it used to be.

i lived there for 5 years and never once saw a gun.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

You say the yob showed he had a gun on him, yet it says alot about your culture that two of your freinds also had guns and pulled them out? No better than the yob imo?
    GREYGROUND

BOA Lifetime Member

i've played quite a few gigs that ended up with guns being pulled but not over the type of music being played, it was more between different gangs being there blah blah........but im sure every dj here has had someone come up to you and ask to play the latest rap hit during your set.......a shame that this dumb ass had to show his gun to hear the latest 50 cent track, geez

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast