Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Demon Beast

Default Guns Pulled On Techno Performer At A Party

This is why techno is shot in the states.

No more than two hours ago I was doing a live set at a homies art show.
    Graffiti art none the less
    It was a party and I was asked to play techno straight forward no bull techno
    Before me was an oldies dj who played old school classics.
    Then myself, so while I am in the middle of my set, some black kid comes up
    and says put some gangster shit on, meaning hip hop.
    Mind you I laughed it off, the kid was small and looked like an easy knockout.
    5 minutes later while I was surrounded by friends and rockin'
    The same kid comes back and repeats the same rhetortic
    This time lifting his shirt to show he was holding a piece.
    No more than two seconds afterwards my friend who just so happened to not be fond of that kind of individual pulls out his gun, of course the music stops
    and when you think this would end a party about two other kids within my social circle draw their weapons.

Is this what techno has been leveled to in the states?
    Needless to say I was well protected and did not bitch out
    I was talking smack the whole time, but I think it is pathetic to think that you
    could approach a dj or performer in such a manner to threaten them to play music that you want to hear.

I hate this place.
    Birthplace of techno?
    I can't tell.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

that sounds nuts and without being disrepectful i think this has more to do with american culture than anything else.

The Demon Beast

****in' Monkeys can't go without 50 Cent for a half hour?
    I am so ashamed to call this place my home.
    Wetworks

Supreme Freak

thats ****in terrible to hear, the kids have got no respect man, why the **** are they there if they dont dig the music, man thats ****ed
    Ah the glorious tunnock......chocolate......caramel....wafer.....a nd a grinning boy:lol:


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc2002 View Post
    that sounds nuts and without being disrepectful i think this has more to do with american culture than anything else.
    totally agree,I mean,I've seen guns at techno parties in the uk,it's very rare,and they're never pulled out as some kind of mexican stand off situation cos someone didn't like the music. Definatly a case of too many guns in the states.
    A question Overfiend,did you have a gun on you too?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by xes View Post
    totally agree,I mean,I've seen guns at techno parties in the uk,it's very rare,and they're never pulled out as some kind of mexican stand off situation cos someone didn't like the music. Definatly a case of too many guns in the states.
    A question Overfiend,did you have a gun on you too?
    i can see his point tho....if you know people are gonna be tooled up your gonna want to level the playing field arent ya!

vicious circle mate :whoops:



which is why it's an unfixable problem,unfortunatly.

I used to carry a knife in my younger days,cos I knew that alot of other people were too,and I didn't wanna be f*cked if someone pulled one out on me. I grew out of it :;

The Demon Beast

I didn't think I was going to need my piece at an event like that.
    Luckily for me the kids I was with were armed.
    The one kid had a Baretta that drew first, he just so happens to be a lil bit racist against that kind so it was more incentive for him to go there, but like I said the next thing a Mac comes out, then a shottie, then another couple of straps. I wasn't thinking of bringing a piece with me to be honest, I had brass knuckles in my pocket, but that would notstop a bullet would it.
    It's pathetic behavior, all I could think of was that if he would have got shot, I would have been witness to something even more escalated and I would never be ableto take the bar to become a lawyer.
    Wetworks

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by The Overfiend View Post
    The one kid had a Baretta that drew first, he just so happens to be a lil bit racist against that kind so it was more incentive for him to go there, but like I said the next thing a Mac comes out, then a shottie, then another couple of straps. I wasn't thinking of bringing a piece with me to be honest, I had brass knuckles in my pocket, but that would notstop a bullet would it.
    It's pathetic behavior, all I could think of was that if he would have got shot, I would have been witness to something even more escalated and I would never be ableto take the bar to become a lawyer.

What are the rules about joining the bar that relate to this?

Shame that happened, but thats gun culture for you. It means people rely on physical means instead of using their minds to change a situation.

What happened afterwards? I take it that the party ended.



Fair play,I just think it's crazy that there are so many guns in your country. I suppose it's cos I'm not used to it. But if you let idiots have guns,then you're gonna get idiots pulling guns at parties.
    And you probably could stop a bullet with a knuckleduster,was it Mr Miagi who could stop them with his chopsticks? :cheese:

Good luck on the lawyer thing dude. I must say,a techno playing,knuckle duster carying lawyer,has bought a smile to my face for this sunday morning.

BOA Lifetime Member

just out of curiosity, whats the laws regarding concealed weapons? are these guns legally owned or are they obtained unlawfully?

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah its a culture thing for sure, America's love of the gun is shocking. Im so glad the firearms law's are so different over here

The Demon Beast

Here in the state of Arizona you only need a permit to carry concealed, otherwise if you purchase a weapon and have it showing you are good to go.
    No the party didn't end, the kid was ejected and it was business as usual.
    I was so pissed about the whole thing I went home to my family, just to hug my wife and appreciate I was able to come home to her. I am good with my fists, a real man couldwalk away from a fight, but a real man knows how to fight with his mind first, then his fists, but **** me if you have to brandish a weapon to hear some 50 Cent, what the ****.
    Wetworks

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah that certainly is mental, it's a pretty ****ed up person who requests 50 cent in the first place, never mind with a gun. What an ego that guy must of had



Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    yeah that certainly is mental, it's a pretty ****ed up person who requests 50 cent in the first place, never mind with a gun. What an ego that guy must of had
    innit,I was thinking that,I mean,yeah,send in a request if you're in a commercial club or something,but you just don't bowl up to the decks with a gun and demand some "gangsta shit" Unless you are slightly retarded.

When he lifted up his shirt,to show you his gun,you should have dropped your kecks and showed him your cock. Then just kind of shrugged at him. Bit of sexual intimidation,it's the only way they learn.

End of the day Overfiend,we're all glad you're ok,you can look back and laugh,and be thankful that it didn't get ugly. And let's hope you've learnt your lesson,and will now go packing (I mean have at least 1 hippity hop tune in your box) :briggin:
    Last edited by xes; 30-09-2007 at 12:04 PM.

It is inevitable.

but **** me if you have to brandish a weapon to hear some 50 Cent, what the ****.

id brandish a weapon NOT to hear some 50 cent.

"see me in the club
    belly button fluff
    girl i got what ya need,
    prolly get ya up tha duff"

50 cent =wanker.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

M.O.D.

people talk about how this is "american culture" but anyone who's spent time in the US knows that guns are far larger problems in some places than others. just like the UK. london, even, had more gun homicides last year than new york.

50 cent IS a wanker and america DOES have a gun problem, but my point is that what tony's describing is a pretty rare occurence at a techno party. when i lived in the detroit area--perhaps america's most dangerous city--there was a shooting at 1 techno party, 1 party out of the 1,000+ held over that period. that's still 1 too many, but it's obviously a freak occurence when you look at the big picture.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

i bet theres alot more violence in hip hop clubs or events!

PS
    **** 50 cent in the club, ime 50pence in the pub

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc2002 View Post
    i bet theres alot more violence in hip hop clubs or events!

PS
    **** 50 cent in the club, ime 50pence in the pub
    oh definately, fiddy-penz. :) and there's sh*t that goes down at techno parties too, it's just that what tony's describing is really ****ing rare from my experience.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

The Demon Beast

Exactly man, extremely rare.
    I've seen all types of shitgo down at raves or clubs or the likes.
    But to have a strap pulled to hear some "gangsta" shit.
    I only wish he didn't brandish on me so I could have cleared his clock.
    But then that would make me just as much a brute as he and get me a bad reputation, hey don't book Wetworks he gets into at least one brawl a show.
    Wetworks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast