Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default Arsenal vs Manchester United

most anticipated fixture of the season thus far without question...

the way both teams are playin at the moment this is gonna be a true clash of the titans, i honestly believe that United have the better players and are well equipped to deal with Arsenal...

here's how i think United should line-up

Van Der Saar
    Brown
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra (not sure if he's fit but would much prefer to him O'Shea)
    Ronaldo
    Anderson
    Hargreaves
    Giggs / Nani
    Tevez
    Rooney

that team should be able to beat Arsenal :)
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

arsenal win,thats my honest opinion.im gona say 2-0.


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

I hope they both loose :)

Ultimate Freak

I've got a feeling it's gonna be a let down as a footballing spectacle.

these 2 teams are playing the most attractive football in Europe at the moment, and I can see them cancelling each other out a bit. (least thats my effort to tempt fate in the opposite direction)

stating the obvious, but I reckon the key players will be Fabregas (who scares the shit out of me) and Ronaldo. either one of these two could be the difference between the sides.

I hope to god Fergie doesnt go 4-5-1 in an attempt to cancel out Fabregas, which is a scary possibility now Carrick's fit.

the Utd team Numeric put up should be the one that starts. Carrick would be a great set of fresh legs to bring on at 70 mins with his long range passing ability.

Supreme Freak

I don't think i'm brave or reckless enough to predict the outcome of this one.
    What do you think I should do if I ever grow up?

www.stinsford.me.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1212090572

BOA Lifetime Member

it's possible that United will try to spoil Arsenal but with Hargreaves in there we're well equipped, Anderson has been making a lot of tackles too...
    Numeric

Sports Moderator

I agree that Man Utd will cause us problems and will be quite a handfull..

Though in return we aint just gonna take it!

Everything is going well for us at the moment and spirits are high!

We'll have to be at our best on the day, but i'm sure we're capable of getting a result in this one..

Having the home advantage could just be the key here..

Makes for a great match though and is one not to miss.....
    insomnia - A dyssomnia characterized by persistent difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or by persistently nonrestorative sleep.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Numeric View Post
    most anticipated fixture of the season thus far without question...

the way both teams are playin at the moment this is gonna be a true clash of the titans, i honestly believe that United have the better players and are well equipped to deal with Arsenal...

here's how i think United should line-up

Van Der Saar
    Brown
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra (not sure if he's fit but would much prefer to him O'Shea)
    Ronaldo
    Anderson
    Hargreaves
    Giggs / Nani
    Tevez
    Rooney

that team should be able to beat Arsenal :)
    You're having a laugh! All things being equal, Arsenal should win this comfortably, though of course United made more of a game of it at the Emirates than they did at Old Trafford last season, which is the only thing that concerns me at all.

I mean if we get 66% posession at Anfield, we should be getting at least 70% at the Emirates! Which would make it hard for the opposition to hurt us... I mean United have just copied Arsenal's style of play, using pacy, technical players up front, with no number 9 style striker and hitting teams on the counter attack... At least, that's how we used to play, though we're playing like the home side, home and away at the moment.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You're having a laugh! All things being equal, Arsenal should win this comfortably, though of course United made more of a game of it at the Emirates than they did at Old Trafford last season, which is the only thing that concerns me at all.

I mean if we get 66% posession at Anfield, we should be getting at least 70% at the Emirates! Which would make it hard for the opposition to hurt us... I mean United have just copied Arsenal's style of play, using pacy, technical players up front, with no number 9 style striker and hitting teams on the counter attack... At least, that's how we used to play, though we're playing like the home side, home and away at the moment.
    fcukin ell, someone get me a pint of what this dude's drinking please. quite literally nearly pissed meself laughing at that.
    Utd have been playing that kind of football since Matt Busby took over in 1945 son.
    how long exactly have you been watching the gooners?

BOA Lifetime Member

you think that because Arsenal bossed Liverpool they'll be able to do the same against United?
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hold on while i get back off the floor , best hold on to somethin before i fall over again .....

did you every watch football in the 90's 80's 70's 60's etc etc or are you blinkered as normal ???? i forgot utd had players like kanchelskis , giggs, sharpe , cole in the 90's who's pace killed most defences in the prem & Cl arsenal have only been like this since wenger took over or have you forgot the boring boring arsenal of old and all them 1-0 sit back wins ! copy haha my ****in arse we have

nani , ronaldo , tevez and rooney will have a field day with your back 4 on there day and the way they are playin its lookin like it !!

you think that u got a draw at liverpool that u will walk over teams like utd ? ha what planet u on dude ??

utd have never changed we always have had pace in our side and been the kings of counter attacking play we soak up all the presure then hit u its happened for years !!

BOA Lifetime Member

Hard to predict i say.

Im hoping its a great game to watch, and that there will be goals.

Utd will score without question, but the arse to win
    Ure not mad enough, u don\'t belong in this house

Tune id's please?????????
    www.soundcloud.com/djfase

http://www.discogs.com/user/djfase

BOA Lifetime Member

should be a fantastic game...2 team doing really well both defensivley and attacking.... man utd and arsenal games have always been great to watch!!

come on united time to step up and show em whos the best!!!
    Be Lucky!

Ultimate Freak

If there has been any change in our style this last couple of seasons its in the lack of an out and out goalscorer upfront.....

(though we never really have had one in our history except when we built the forward line round RVN, so really we're returing to our usual style after deviating for a few years while Ruud was the mainman - imo a large part of why Ferguson wanted rid was to get away from this!).....

....then its in the interchange between the forward players and havinf a forward line comfortable in and capable of switching within the game between each others positions, as opposed to the more wing orientated play we used to focus our attacks on.

However, this has nothing to do with copying Arsenal!!!!!!!

If anything, its taken from the Portuguese style of play, particularly at national team level, and its Quieroz's influence on things thats led to the team attacking like a Portuguese side.

Not a French one Will!
    www.hardlife.org.uk

Anyone who ever said happiness is a ray of sunshine, never danced in the rain

BOA Lifetime Member

Carrick and Saha are confirmed to return to the United squad...
    Numeric

Ultimate Freak

Carrick and Saha are confirmed to return to the United squad...
    both great players to have waiting on the bench against any opposition.

BOA Lifetime Member

I support Man Utd but I really don’t rate Saha anymore, he just ain’t got the flair and imagination player like Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo have and if you gonna win big games you need to be one step ahead especially up front and I don’t think Saha has it anymore!! Would be nice to see Carrick back though I think he stared doing really well and settled down nicely...would like to see Carrick and Hargreaves team up actually, think that would be a solid midfield for sure!!

cant wait for this game though, plus Joe Calzaghe fighting later on too...what a fvckin great saturday its gonna be!!
    Be Lucky!

BOA Lifetime Member

i can understand what you're sayin about Louis, but i still believe he is a class player and has a lot to offer, he just needs to stay fit, when he's playin games he's without question one of the best forwards in the league...
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

United may have been good at counter attacking in the past, but it wasn't their main weapon, they'd camp in the oppositions half, defend high up the pitch, with a high line and put teams under loads of pressure. Now they don't defend high up the pitch, they let teams come on to them, then hit them on the counter - like Arsenal.

And the likes of Cole and Hughes were hardly in the Henry mould, whereas Rooney and Tevez are more similar to him.

BOA Lifetime Member

i can understand what you're sayin about Louis, but i still believe he is a class player and has a lot to offer, he just needs to stay fit, when he's playin games he's without question one of the best forwards in the league...

i dont agree mate, hes a pretty lazy player and he lacks confidence....i think hes had too much time being injured. hes been a great striker in the past but these days, players like rooney, ronaldo, tevez, nani etc are paying great football and its gonna take a lot for saha to really fit back in and show the magic that these players are starting to show week in week out!!
    Be Lucky!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast