Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick DSP View Post
    it's on the hardsignal ftp server as well.
    Cool, thanks Pat...Appreciate the extra support.

BOA Lifetime Member

another new one on the way soon as well. so keep the eyes peeled....

Ultimate Freak

i'm digging this. good set man.

BOA Lifetime Member

Garcias Mi Amigo!!! haha Glad you like it. Do alot of people in Brooklyn still listen to techno musik???

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by BRADLEE View Post
    Garcias Mi Amigo!!! haha Glad you like it. Do alot of people in Brooklyn still listen to techno musik???
    well, it could be worse in the bklyn/nyc area, but tbh it really doesn't help things around here when people like dave function splits to live across the pond. i'll miss those substance parties more than anything. a lot of other people have cruised out including a lot of the gotham groove folks from what i've heard.

sonic groove closing all those years ago was certainly a sign.

but so yeah, to briefly answer your question: i think there are still a fair amount of people into the techno here, they just got nowhere to go and hear it. same old problem, just even more so these days.

on the upside, we had ben sims here last month and it was respectively full on a night when both marco carola and josh wink were playing, so at least there's that. here's hoping things will pick up again.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by drift9 View Post
    well, it could be worse in the bklyn/nyc area, but tbh it really doesn't help things around here when people like dave function splits to live across the pond. i'll miss those substance parties more than anything. a lot of other people have cruised out including a lot of the gotham groove folks from what i've heard.

sonic groove closing all those years ago was certainly a sign.

but so yeah, to briefly answer your question: i think there are still a fair amount of people into the techno here, they just got nowhere to go and hear it. same old problem, just even more so these days.

on the upside, we had ben sims here last month and it was respectively full on a night when both marco carola and josh wink were playing, so at least there's that. here's hoping things will pick up again.

Yeah the P-town is kind of similar...but less true techno heads anymore I suppose. We're lucky to pull 40-100 heads at a techno weekly...Granted the only venue which really has techno on the regular is a small spot.

All in all there isn't much exposure to the people out here. Other than in the Illegal Party scene and soon in some nicer clubs again. So hopefully it will pick up here again as well. For about 5 years I was the lone Techno Soldier in this place...haha

Things go in waves here though I suppose...Just like everwhere. Rocked this Desert Jam with about 900 heads total. But there's always multiple stages and different Genres for those type of jams. They had Frankie Bones and Adam X on right after me. Little bit of your east coast here on the west coast...

What can be done in your opinion for those of us in America who do love techno? What do you think needs to be done to get more of these sheeple here to understand??? Any ideas?

Supreme Freak

:(
    Havin trouble gettin this to d/l
    will try again later.
    LivePA
    That is all...

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by BRADLEE View Post
    Yeah the P-town is kind of similar...but less true techno heads anymore I suppose. We're lucky to pull 40-100 heads at a techno weekly...Granted the only venue which really has techno on the regular is a small spot.

All in all there isn't much exposure to the people out here. Other than in the Illegal Party scene and soon in some nicer clubs again. So hopefully it will pick up here again as well. For about 5 years I was the lone Techno Soldier in this place...haha

Things go in waves here though I suppose...Just like everwhere. Rocked this Desert Jam with about 900 heads total. But there's always multiple stages and different Genres for those type of jams. They had Frankie Bones and Adam X on right after me. Little bit of your east coast here on the west coast...

What can be done in your opinion for those of us in America who do love techno? What do you think needs to be done to get more of these sheeple here to understand??? Any ideas?
    not sure exactly what can be done. part of the problem here is that techno tends to be played at smaller clubs (unless a heavy hitter like mills or hawtin is in town) which usually results in smaller crowds and not too many new people getting exposed. personally, i think the biggest problem techno faces here (and from what i imagine it's a similar problem everywhere) is that new people, and especially kids, aren't getting into it/exposed to it. so it's kinda the same people who have been listening to it all these years. and these same people are getting older, getting jobs, getting families, etc so it's harder and harder to go out every weekend and support "the scene". so long story short you need to get people exposed to it that wouldn't usually have an opportunity to hear it--to recruit new blood, you know?

and on the bright side, i def think techno still has great appeal. when Sims was in town last month some girls i work with came out to check it out--they'd never really been to a techno night before. two of them really liked it and where asking when the next event would be. hell, one of them is even planning on doing the stacey pullen night for her bday. sht, like that is encouraging, shows that this music is still valid and the events appealing--again, just a matter of getting these new people to hear it and get interested.

you did a desert show out in AZ? man, that sounds fun. my parents actually just moved to Tucson, you AZ guys gotta keep me posted on what's going on out there.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by drift9 View Post
    you did a desert show out in AZ? man, that sounds fun. my parents actually just moved to Tucson, you AZ guys gotta keep me posted on what's going on out there.
    Haha, well I live in Arizona. We have desert parties all the time here...Some big and some small but loads of desert jams in General. Only about a 4th of them are actualyl legal, but if you do it far out enough from civilization, then we usually dont have any troubles.

As for Tucson, well to be perfectly honest it's only the 2nd largest city in AZ, but they have much more culture down there then in the capital city of Phoenix. Granted more larger scale events (meaning between 400-2000 people) seem to happen up in the captial more. I guess it goes in waves, even here in the desert.

Since the fall of Swell Pro Audio, Phoenix just hasn't been the same...but some things are back on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by holotropik View Post
    :(
    Havin trouble gettin this to d/l
    will try again later.

Sorry amigo, my server is down at the moment...but you can grab it from the Hardsignal server also. Here is the link

http://www.hardsignal.net/sets/Hards...DIO_LIVEPA.mp3
    Last edited by BRADLEE; 18-12-2007 at 12:16 AM.

The Demon Beast

Bradimus Maximus
    Holla at the kid
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

Hey Brad - missed this one dude!

Will DL and pop back later for abuse :p
    Last edited by ERROR404; 18-12-2007 at 02:26 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERROR404 View Post
    Hey Brad - missed this one dude!

Will DL and pop back later for abuse :p

Haha, no worries Al. I hope you'll enjoy it my friend. I'm trying to pull your set down too right now.

Junior Freak

that hardsignal link just takes me to their homepage :s
    Whats going on!???!! lol

Supreme Freak

yeah...bugger!! I want this set bro!
    LivePA
    That is all...

The Universe

ther was a link to hardishnal ftp i upped this set there
    but someone deleted it :/

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MITA View Post
    ther was a link to hardishnal ftp i upped this set there
    but someone deleted it :/

Hmm, that's kind of ****ed up....wonder who deleted the shit.

The Demon Beast

Hatorade Guzzles in the air.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Just like Campbell's soup, this PA's mmm...mmm...good!
    Last edited by eppertheleper; 19-12-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: I was busy getting head from a transvestite and my spelling was a bit off. Sorry.

BOA Lifetime Member

Thanks!!!! haha Just glad you enjoyed it. The link from my server should be back up and running now. I hope more people will also continue to listen and enjoy it.

Supreme Freak

Will do.
    LivePA
    That is all...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast