Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Freak

mhuaaaa , oh guys, where are we going?????¿¿¿¿

Junior Freak

heh old post

Ultimate Freak

my god. reading this old thread is funny

frank, you sound like an ass.

HAHAHAHA. my how thing change/don't change over a years time.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

i must have missed this post
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

not surprised when it was posted in 2002
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

the big pork pie

D'oh!

Ultimate Freak

I'm sorry...but being a bad-ass behind the decks and putting out some of the best techno records in years still won't get you a ton of class A gigs. It takes much more than being a producer these days unfortunately. It's all about who you know...and what lengths you are willing to go to get gigs.

If you pay attention to the techno "scene" you'll see that a lot of these big techno producers that are being charted every month by tons of DJ are lucky to play once or twice a month. Take Hardcell for instance. You don't have to enjoy his music to agree that he is currently hot shit among techno DJs worldwide. He only plays a couple times a month at most sometimes. There are tons of other examples.

It's getting increasingly harder to get anywhere in this scene. You really have to question if its worth it. If you come to the conclusion that it is...then get out there and meet people. Make connections, throw some shows. Trade DJs back and fourth between promoters.

These stupid ****in' DJ unions will only cut you out of the spotlight even quicker than before. If this were the case here in America...it would just be used as another tool to jail or fine us. "Oh...DJing at house party without a union card? Sir...you're under arrest."

This is a scene where the true heads usually don't get what they deserve. It's a terrible thing, but you have to suck it up and deal with it.

Junior Freak

This is funny to me cause my friend and I were recently joking around about how there should be a dj's union set up. There are too many people calling themselves dj's, when they should be calling themselves "record collectors" or these days "music industry rip-off MP3 downloaders."

They give hard-working dj's a bad name and make a mockery of the art.

Kinda like the DJ Skribble doll (if you know what I'm talking about!) - Ara
    Gotham Grooves-Terminal M-Advanced UK
    www.gothamgrooves.com
    www.gothamgrooves.com/forums

Ultimate Freak

this union didnt do anything except annoucing they will make something. its been a year now and they are very quiet. i guess its cause the president of the union didnt learn how to beatmatch yet. believe it or not, but its true!
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

Junior Freak

I think it's a ridiculous idea to propose licensing DJs. I mean, how can you license one form of making music, or one instrument i.e turntables ? If you do that you have to license everything for it to be fair. So no more playing guitar or drums without a license. And no more playing violins or oboes either. You there, stop waving that baton. Have you got a license for that thing ?
    It's also hard as **** for people in bands to get attention, but nobody would propose licensing them to help people get gigs, would they ? :dontevengothere:

Ultimate Freak

good idea but could never see it working...

if your good enuf youll shine throught neway........

Ultimate Freak

restricting art is the first step towards destroying it.

Junior Freak

i want a license to ILL
    Listen2tekno

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Zahn
    If you pay attention to the techno "scene" you'll see that a lot of these big techno producers that are being charted every month by tons of DJ are lucky to play once or twice a month. Take Hardcell for instance. You don't have to enjoy his music to agree that he is currently hot shit among techno DJs worldwide. He only plays a couple times a month at most sometimes.
    This is so true, and it's very easy for people in their bedrooms bemoaning their lots that they never get anywhere without actually realising the amount of hard work it takes to get a gig or two a month.. Gigs don't just appear from you having a few tunes out. you have to make the effort, plug yourself, send out promo material, network with people, and basically be so on the case that it actually takes up all your time and effort, and to be honest, it's still hard to make ends meet. it's the hard work and commitment that is most important i.e. not getting smashed every weekend so you can be in the studio or office on Monday morning to do what work needs doing. And even if you see someone who you think doesn't deserve to be there really doing it, getting somewhere, remember this: 1% inspiration 99% perspiration.. it's the dedication that gets people noticed. Obviously you have to have a certain amount of talent, but if there's no motivation nothings ever going to happen, you have to believe in your ability 100% and really push yourself, and dedicate your whole life to it. I barely make a living out of what I do, hopefully, the couple of Label projects I have on the go will prove to be fruitful enough for me to continue with what I'm doing, but the whole thing is a struggle, it's a mix of talent, lucky breaks, and sheer hard work..
    Sorry for the long post here, but for the past 6 years this thing has been my whole life, I've worked my ass off, and acheived a lot more than i ever expected, so obviously I feel quite passionate about the whole thing, and have an opinion about it..

In regard to Miro's original post, and DJ Pauze's reactions, I can totally see where Miro is coming from, and I think, Pauze, it's a nice idea, but how many professional DJs/Producers can the scene support? It's like all the DJ courses at colleges that started appearing a few years back, everyone wants to be a DJ, being the guy up there, making it happen, but what people forget is how hard it is to get to that point, where you are guesting at clubs abroad. There is no easy route, and there has to be people there, who are into it on a hobby level, to support the scene, after all, these are the people who buy the records, and pay to get into the clubs, they are the life blood of the scene.. The majority will never make it past that, and there's nothing wrong with that (I don't want to come across like "I'm there, you're not"!), but it's all about commitment.. It's like climbing everest, some people will visit base camp, but only the very few make it to the top. If you truely believe in yourself, and you genuinly have talent and the determination, you WILL succeed ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Zahn
    restricting art is the first step towards destroying it.
    well said. :clap:

c'mon guys how can you even begin to debate this? think of this scenario: your a club owner, who also has an intrest in dj'ing, but you dont have a "license" are u sayin that not allowed to play at your own club/event?

besides id never get a gig.

Ultimate Freak

I just re-read the beginning of this thread, and it sounds like a return to communism! Does sound pretty ridiculous really, a "DJ Licence".. oh dear

Ultimate Freak

if you got a dj licence then would you be forced to claim taxes on all your gigs?

if that were the case, then id have to say: no dice

heh

Ultimate Freak

yeah that was the idea these morons tried to achieve. and to make good money on the kids.
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by crime
    I just re-read the beginning of this thread, and it sounds like a return to communism! Does sound pretty ridiculous really, a "DJ Licence".. oh dear
    Indeed! I thought it may be about consolidating the rights of DJs with club owners/promoters regarding contracts and so forth, but an actual license to be able to DJ??? Is there a national outcry in Croatia over the amount of lacklustre DJs that are spinning in clubs, thus making the exam/test procedure necessary before you can play out? I presume someone will be making money from these licenses? What other reason would there be for someone devising this license scheme??

Anyway, this is funny :)

Ultimate Freak

does this licence include dj's who play for halls and weddings? or would that be a differant class licence? would the classes be broken up my the style you play? like pussy progressive trance would be class G.A.Y. and hard house would be class A.S.S. and so on??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast