Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Freak

yeah, what patrick said poses another question...what about those DJs who don't beat match (i.e. weddings, random radio shows, etc) Not to mention experimental DJs (which some stuff can be pulled off without being a decent beat-matcher).

Ultimate Freak

they made some silly dj courses, where they would taught you how to beatmatch, mix, dance and raise your hands when playing, give highfives while having your favourite italodisco record in your mouth and doing a chopper on the floor and everything. after u d complete course u d get your license to play in the clubs.

as i told earlier these courses would be conducted by the man who doesnt know how to beatmatch.
    *g*
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

BOA Lifetime Member

Either music is free or it ain't. You can't unionize parties

Junior Freak

We had Popstars now we have Pop Dj's

Whats to differentiate between musicians that play in clubs and dj's that play records.

Then of course you would have all the black marketeers selling dodgy licenses so that you could play in clubs.

eh no... !!!!

Ultimate Freak

such a dichotomy. on the one hand i am sick of seeing people who cant mix playing.it is that line of 'just having good records doesnt make you a good dj'. i have played some trash sets when i was a kid and i wish someone would have stopped me at the time. so i think that some sort of control to assure people are going to be seeing some quality for their entrance fee seems a good idea.
    on the other hand, i would be very reluctant to appease the MAN and pander to anyone elses judgements of what is good or not. there is competance and technical skill, then there is genre selection, but how far and what governing body does the imposition and verification go. i have heard atrocious sets at big clubs, then people come up to me and say 'wow wasnt that wicked!'. i have to say no it was shit!! and then people think i'm the arsehole, when i've just been robbed of a tenner to get in the place.

hmmm, a good one to ponder.
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    such a dichotomy. on the one hand i am sick of seeing people who cant mix playing.it is that line of 'just having good records doesnt make you a good dj'. i have played some trash sets when i was a kid and i wish someone would have stopped me at the time. so i think that some sort of control to assure people are going to be seeing some quality for their entrance fee seems a good idea.
    In an ideal world, that's the kind of quality control the promoter should be doing. If you promote a night you should make sure the DJs who play are up to scratch. Sadly, too few of them these days have the integrity or the bollox to make these kind of tough decisions and are too lazy, ignorant or afraid to speak out against some bigger name DJs who have been getting away with it for years and living off their names and reputations, which may once have been deserved. But then, as we all know, money talks and many promoters know that having a certain name on a flyer will mean full clubs, and full pockets for all concerned, so why would they rock the boat ? Again, you would hope that if they were doing it for love, not money, they would rock the boat and decide that they themselves and their paying guests (i.e the punters or all of us) deserve better.
    Right, when does the next boat to Utopia sail ?

Junior Freak

Thats just hilarious they are not only considering it, but are going ahead with it!!!! Bwahahahahhaha!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123