Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Adding Percussion

FOR HARD TECHNO AND SCHRANZ I HAVE BEEN HEARING EVERY1 TELL ME THAT THERE IS A LOT OF IT(PERCUSSION) IN THE SONGS I POST UP ..

what are some good percussion hi hats, rides etc to add..any basics to start off with i seem to hear rides a lot at least i think...and some basic open n close or close n open patterns as well..maybe im off idk ..i figured id ask ...

thanks..

P.S is the percussion the part of the track i should add reverbs and reverse reverbs too and or distortion and keep the kicks punchy and not distorted etc..most of the time i hear a hard kick it sounds like it has very little distortion on it....maybe more of a boost..but i seem to hear something in the high freq range that is distorted..i know its dif in every single track but somethign sounds like it has a similar formula..thanks again

BOA Newbie

now what is your question?

BOA Newbie

please delete. double post
    Last edited by supergroover; 02-02-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: double post

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tracatak View Post
    FOR HARD TECHNO AND SCHRANZ I HAVE BEEN HEARING EVERY1 TELL ME THAT THERE IS A LOT OF IT(PERCUSSION) IN THE SONGS I POST UP ..

what are some good percussion hi hats, rides etc to add..any basics to start off with i seem to hear rides a lot at least i think...and some basic open n close or close n open patterns as well..maybe im off idk ..i figured id ask ...

thanks..

P.S is the percussion the part of the track i should add reverbs and reverse reverbs too and or distortion and keep the kicks punchy and not distorted etc..most of the time i hear a hard kick it sounds like it has very little distortion on it....maybe more of a boost..but i seem to hear something in the high freq range that is distorted..i know its dif in every single track but somethign sounds like it has a similar formula..thanks again
    just whack the saturation up on the percs and add lots of distorsion!! sorted!!
    Be Lucky!

Junior Freak

Don't forget to put the whole mix through at least 8 delays, 12 choruses and 420 reverb units to get that nice clean sound...

BOA Lifetime Member

Throw your washing machine off a footbridge over the M4 and record the noise.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com