Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn View Post
    the hardware mafioso wont liek that
    Rory how shite & limited did my Rs7000 sound to you?

BOA Lifetime Member

Totally shit ..:lol:

joking, it was great crack...and sounded crazy from what i remember

but then ... i am a hardware fan:roflmao:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck View Post
    AS for shite sequencing? lol I thought that was down to the person writing the tune? Limited sampling? Its not a sampler.

Get over yourself. Some people like dedicated boxes for jamming & having fun rather than waiting for 10 mins for something to boot up and another 5 to set shit up and another 10 to assign knobs and. Nevermind the fact that alot of people stare at a monitor all day at work.. for them to go home and stare at a montor for the rest of the evening. Like I said software nazis.
    Not at all, I`ve probably used more hardware than you`ve ever seen.
    I`m just realistic about what you can achieve for the best price and ease of use.

Yamaha are shit at sequencing. Always have been, always will be.

If anything I`d recommend the korg groove boxes, as they are much easier to use, and have less of the typical yamaha dumbfoolery and lack of logic.

However if you are feeling like being nostalgic, just get a stick and a hollow log, who needs technology to make techno, I mean, the word techno actually means "use of oldest possible machinery" in latin.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Mod

AS for shite sequencing? lol I thought that was down to the person writing the tune? Limited sampling? Its not a sampler.

Get over yourself. Some people like dedicated boxes for jamming & having fun rather than waiting for 10 mins for something to boot up and another 5 to set shit up and another 10 to assign knobs and. Nevermind the fact that alot of people stare at a monitor all day at work.. for them to go home and stare at a montor for the rest of the evening. Like I said software nazis.
    The RS7000 can sample cant it, or is that the internal bounce down, oh it can use a hard disk SCSI with samples on it as well...

The mastering section is awful, and yes planky, i used one live and ive owned an RM1x... Actually i kinda liked sequencing on it, i think steve's being a touch unfair there.

So... i get a choice, stare at a 200x100 display... OR stare at a 1024x800 display. And my machines boots in 38seconds thanks. My eyesight aint what it used to be sadly.

Its about expectation and the ability to do things i could never do with hardware... i love synths, my fav is my Mono/Poly... but the boundaries DO blur, i have the Korg Legacy Digital Edtion.. its copies of what were digital synths anyway, its mint i have a wavestation and an M1 to play with. Better than original copies of digital synths.

COOOL!

BOA Lifetime Member

I thought the 909 was shit. Felt like a fisher price toy.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash View Post
    I thought the 909 was shit. Felt like a fisher price toy.
    The build quality isnt brilliant, like most modern roland stuff, but then the built quality of the earlier stuff went downhill after they made that TR303 someone has for sale here...

you stop using wood on your synths and this take a turn for the worst :lol:

BOA Newbie

"ahh, sigh" I'm so bloody confused now! I still really want an mc-909, but it is very expensive (as is the electribes), and from what you guys are telling me it ain't all that good.....

I do own a copy of ableton live, as well as an old ensoniq groovebox and a clone 303 and a couple of other studio bits, but what I really want is a powerful groovebox which is the centre of my live set. I'd like to ****-oof the laptop and have all my midi kit sequenced direct from the groovebox (or sampled, and stored on the groovebox)...

I know that there are a thousand advantages to using a laptop, but I just don't like them. . . I don't like the way that my mind concentrates on the computer screen, when it should be concentrating on the music. I also don't like using a mouse/touchpad and I don't like having to piss about with latency and various audio drivers.... I'm sure that my computer will still be heavily used for cleaning up loops, recording and writing complicated sequences, however I do plan on going fully hardware. . . . Ambitious I know........but I much prefer the sound of real synthesisers as opposed to the sound of soft-synths..

BOA Newbie

Yea, basicaly 'sod it', , , I reckon it's gotta be the mc-909, with a sound expansion board, and possibly a juno 106 (or similar) for some contrasting analogue sounds. . . That could work

cheers for all yer help guys, , I'm off to ebay.............;-)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDR View Post
    ive owned an RM1x... Actually i kinda liked sequencing on it, i think steve's being a touch unfair there.
    I agree to be fair. Yeh the RM1x and its kin are never gonna be as simple to use as a big screen sequencing program, but it's actually a pretty powerful sequncer when you get the hang of it. And it does the trick for what I want it to do.
    Pure F*ckin' Noize Terror...

Supreme Freak

I would recommend an RM1X if you must use a Groovebox type thing. Although I'd far rather run a lap top and a decent controller!

/2 pence

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mister badtouch View Post
    Yea, basicaly 'sod it', , , I reckon it's gotta be the mc-909, with a sound expansion board, and possibly a juno 106 (or similar) for some contrasting analogue sounds. . . That could work

cheers for all yer help guys, , I'm off to ebay.............;-)
    Go for the electribe. If I was going to throw money away, it would be on that.

BOA Lifetime Member

BOA Lifetime Member

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    However if you are feeling like being nostalgic, just get a stick and a hollow log, who needs technology to make techno, I mean, the word techno actually means "use of oldest possible machinery" in latin.
    Lol you really are completley up your own arse mate with comments like that.

The guy has a laptop & abelton already & obviously he hasnt got 40000 grand to spend on a machinedrum. He likes the idea of having DEDICATED groovebox to play with. I have had both a 909 and RS7000 (unlike you.. ie you prob played with them for 30 mins and took your usuall judgemental stance and dismissed them as rubbish). The RS7000 is brilliant live - really ****ing great, its what it does best. OK The sounds are not up to the standard of the access virus or whatever but they are better than the 909 thats for sure. And of course the fact that you asked me "what the hell made that sound" when i played you a clip of a track I made with the RS7000 totally blows that argument out of the water. It a powerful machine and in the right hands can obviously convince people like you (who have obviously used more hardware than I have even seen ) that they are listening to something NOT made by yamaha.

Anyway for me the RS is another piece of the puzzle. I like mixing the sounds of different pieces of manufacturers hardware together (virus, rs7000 & korg electribe) as well as samples from a pc (pc through the mixer). I hate the idea of every single sound starting its life off in the same DAW that the whole unvirse uses. How discordian of you to advise him to get "abelton & a controller" like 99% of people do. Radical.

And a message to the origional poster.
    Think for yourself dude. You'll sound more unique for it.
    Last edited by massplanck; 11-02-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    Not at all, I`ve probably used more hardware than you`ve ever seen.
    I`m just realistic about what you can achieve for the best price and ease of use.

Yamaha are shit at sequencing. Always have been, always will be.

If anything I`d recommend the korg groove boxes, as they are much easier to use, and have less of the typical yamaha dumbfoolery and lack of logic.

wise words there mate. i had a yamaha rmx1 and i thought it was pretty poor.

Banned

Troll

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    i had a yamaha rmx1 and i thought it was pretty poor.
    As far as groove boxes its acid component isn't bad. bit of an arse to get right and the filter sucked. Drums a bit too spacey too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash View Post
    As far as groove boxes its acid component isn't bad. bit of an arse to get right and the filter sucked. Drums a bit too spacey too.
    tbh i didnt have a clue how to use it

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    tbh i didnt have a clue how to use it
    What you on about then ;)

PS - duly noted calvin.

BOA Mod

The guy has a laptop & abelton already & obviously he hasnt got 40000 grand to spend on a machinedrum. He likes the idea of having DEDICATED groovebox to play with. I have had both a 909 and RS7000 (unlike you.. ie you prob played with them for 30 mins and took your usuall judgemental stance and dismissed them as rubbish). The RS7000 is brilliant live - really ****ing great, its what it does best. OK The sounds are not up to the standard of the access virus or whatever but they are better than the 909 thats for sure. And of course the fact that you asked me "what the hell made that sound" when i played you a clip of a track I made with the RS7000 totally blows that argument out of the water. It a powerful machine and in the right hands can obviously convince people like you (who have obviously used more hardware than I have even seen ) that they are listening to something NOT made by yamaha.

Anyway for me the RS is another piece of the puzzle. I like mixing the sounds of different pieces of manufacturers hardware together (virus, rs7000 & korg electribe) as well as samples from a pc (pc through the mixer). I hate the idea of every single sound starting its life off in the same DAW that the whole unvirse uses. How discordian of you to advise him to get "abelton & a controller" like 99% of people do. Radical.

And a message to the origional poster.
    Think for yourself dude. You'll sound more unique for it.
    Please refrain from personal attacks. This is not what this part of the forum is for, take it to PMs if you feel like this. Your comments are welcome and constructive 99% of the time. adding personal insult to what is otherwise a good post just makes people not take you seriously.

Peace and love people, peace and love.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast