Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Aux 1 and 2 sends

I just bought a relatively cheap and small mixer. The post aux send and pre monitor send are both mono. Is this normal?

Another quick question, when I send out of the tape outs back to my edirol sound card it goes mental, the sound is horrible and the clip indicators are on permenantly.

I think this is because I am playing audio out of the soundcard into the mixer, and the tape sends are sending it straight back in. There is no way to disable the tape send except to unplug the input leads.

Is there a better way to do this? The monitor sends are only in mono.

Supreme Freak

its probably all they could get packed in, its the little mackie one you got?
    you could turn down the input channel on you soundcard might stop the problem or it could be a feedback loop try muting the channel that the sound card is inputing onto then try and record you synths from the other channels

Junior Freak

Hi, yes it is the little mackie mixer. I will try muting the channel when recording the synth and that should work I hope, I am just not sure how to go about sending out a softsynth part from the laptop for external processing, but back in to be recorded, as I wouldnt be able to mute that part then.

Any ideas?

Supreme Freak

you should be able to bounce your soft synths down to a new audio track within your sequencer, what are you using?

Junior Freak

I can bounce them down like if I want to in cubase sx, but I have an external effects unit and I have just bought an electrix filter factory so I can also use that for external processing.

The novation nova also allows a signal to be passed in, so I would like to make use of these things for parts created within the laptop as well.