Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Reading the new breed of techno thread it was mentioned by deafmosaic that techno is changing... i feel the same way and was wondering how all you felt about it. Don't know where exactly but it's normal for techno to change. Been feeling lately that people have been on auto pilot producers and dj's alike and that something is about to bust out of the ranks. Techno sure isn't "Progressive" music thank god!!!

I say more synths and melodies... just my preference...

Administrator

Mmm.... synths and melodies? I really can't see it. Add synths and melodies to techno and it automatically turns into electropop. I suppose it depends on what sytle of synth you use...

As for techno changing... well yes, it's always changing. But like always, it's up to the producers to push their sound to be better produced and totally unique. Then the new styles are made that everyone copies and again, we move on.

Ultimate Freak

>>>>Add synths and melodies to techno and it automatically turns into electropop<<<<<

not necesarily i think. look at aril brikha or 65d mavericks, ruskin, etc.

>>>>But like always, it's up to the producers to push their sound to be better produced and totally unique. Then the new styles are made that everyone copies and again, we move on.<<<<<<<

yup, i absolutly agree on this one. techno is changing on daily basis by few real T-heads and then followed by others. over and over and over again !

mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

BOA Lifetime Member

It's funny that u bring that up... The bloody distr. are rigging the game... it is getting increasingly difficult 2 vent any new or different techno... 4 most distributor u either do a copycat techno or u get diced!

Fuc*** he** we should b open minded 'cause that's what techno started and still strives from!!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Administrator

F*******ck the distributors... they only want what sells...

there are not many true underground distributors out there...

i agree... ruskin etc use gr8 melodies... but they are always strings... not synths.... use synths and it becomes retro??? i dunno... someone name me a techno producer that uses SYNTH melodies....

Ultimate Freak

shufflemaster, but those synth tracks of his are really pop lol.

mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

BOA Newbie

how about heil or kowalski.....

-z

BOA Newbie

that was my main gripe about the copycat techno... can't stand hearing people do the same thing as others... but guess that's to be expected... and regarding synths i say more cause i like them... and hopefully one day we can live in a labelless world... why does everything have to be referred to something like tribal or techy or housey... i understand the need for it but it's annoying to me.... oh well

and what i like these days are producers like johannes heil and diego hostettler but i guess you could say that some of its not techno...

and think of synths as intruments that can produce chords and melodies much like a piano or an orchestra... then look at how many different styles of music you can create with a piano... just stating the obvious i know

BOA Newbie

that was my main gripe about the copycat techno... can't stand hearing people do the same thing as others... but guess that's to be expected... and regarding synths i say more cause i like them... and hopefully one day we can live in a labelless world... why does everything have to be referred to something like tribal or techy or housey... i understand the need for it but it's annoying to me.... oh well

and what i like these days are producers like johannes heil and diego hostettler but i guess you could say that some of its not techno...

and think of synths as intruments that can produce chords and melodies much like a piano or an orchestra... then look at how many different styles of music you can create with a piano... just stating the obvious i know

BOA Newbie

oh yea forgot kowalski... and sorry for the double post..

Junior Freak

Yep, Kowalski surely has lots of great synths and melodies, especially on his "Response" album... But the thing is, IMO, that you have to be careful with the sounds you choose and the way you modulate them, because too much can sound very cheesy... Listen to Scooter or that kind of shit and you'll hear what I'm talking about...
    John Wayne was a nazi

Supreme Freak

Problem is, most of the hard stuff just is becoming a noise.

BOA Lifetime Member

i know exactly what u mean stu.ive heard alot of techno recently thats just hard 4 the sake of being hard if that makes sense.dare i say it even sum of glenn wilsons recent stuff i havent been 2 keen on,but like u say techno is changing as it always does so maybe this is just a phase.

Junior Freak

I know what you mean about Glenn's recent stuff. From what I gather, he claims he is pushing it on by calling it "post-acid". But you can only call something "post" if it's developed on FROM something, not going back to "pre-acid" and trying to start over. ( IMO )

The Demon Beast

Evolution is imminent.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by basslinejunkie
    i know exactly what u mean stu.ive heard alot of techno recently thats just hard 4 the sake of being hard if that makes sense.dare i say it even sum of glenn wilsons recent stuff i havent been 2 keen on,but like u say techno is changing as it always does so maybe this is just a phase.
    i've taken the 'hard for hards sake' thing to an extreme, just to test the waters, on loads of different sorts of music. so if people are caning out hard loopy compressed blah blah then i'm super yawning.

evolution will come from a lot of different pressures - new ideas from people, new distribution, only room for the best, its got to impress, and stop wasting plastic, ha!
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

Junior Freak

[quote="MARK EG"]Mmm.... synths and melodies? I really can't see it. Add synths and melodies to techno and it automatically turns into electropop. I suppose it depends on what sytle of synth you use...

Where have you been for the last 20 years????

Junior Freak

i like synths that sound like samples and samples that sound like synths.

Junior Freak

oh yeah paul macs "push came to shove" has some great synths that i cant stop listening to.

M.O.D.

i feel the need to remind everyone of the fact that techno was originally all about synths and melodies! you don't get more melodic that rhythm is rhythm. the stripped-down, 100% percussive stuff is new by comparison.

that said, another problem melody-aspiring producers fall into is the "i want to sound like my detroit records" syndrome. that's why i don't think aril brikha's album on transmat really did it for me.

i think the most innovative melodic techno i've heard in past years is the mr. barth album on svek. of course, that was 5 or more years ago...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast